Windows 10: How to change display of saved documents in Notepad to English Language

Discus and support How to change display of saved documents in Notepad to English Language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot understand what is displayed on a saved document from Notepad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnneMossman, May 5, 2019.

1. How to change display of saved documents in Notepad to English Language

I cannot understand what is displayed on a saved document from Notepad

:)

AnneMossman, May 5, 2019
  2. viki2000 Win User

Win10 – Language change Arabic to English

I just bought a 2nd hand laptop by occasion and it has only one problem: the Windows 10 was installed in Arabic language and I need it in English. I do not read/speak Arabic language.
    I looked over many YouTube videos in Arabic and English language about how to change the language in Win10. Unfortunately my screens that I see in Arabic language do not match the screens seen in Arabic on YouTube videos/tutorials, so I cannot do a blind click-click and by chance to change it into English.
    I can make print screens and then put them in USB stick and upload them here on EE from another PC – that I figure it out.
    I do not want to reinstall Win10 from scratch, but of course that is the last option.
    Below are the first steps which leaded me to, I hope, Language and Regional Settings in Win10, but where to click further and what to choose?
    I really need your guidance in step by step with pictures where shall I click in order to install the English language.
    A tutorial in English does not help. I need a tutorial (step by step) in Arabic with pictures.

viki2000, May 5, 2019
  3. How to Change Windows store and apps language to English

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to assist you.

As per the issue description you are willing to change the language back to English which get changed after installing November update in China.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Is the issue specific to some apps or with all apps?
    • Is the language of the OS and keyboard in English?

I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Step 1: Set the display language to English by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Time & Language and click on Region & Language from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add a Language under Language settings and select
      English.
    • Click on the added language and click on Options.
    • Click on Download to download the language pack.
    • After the download is complete, select the language and click Set as default.
    • Check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 5, 2019
  4. mandewho Win User

How to change display of saved documents in Notepad to English Language

Updated Twitter app changed language. Unable to return to English

I used the previous version of the twitter app on windows 10 without problems. My preferred language was English and so was the interface. After updating to the new version of the app, the app now has an interface in Hebrew and displays from right to left. I've done all I could think of to change it back to English and left-to-right direction but nothing works.

• The language selected in the app Settings is English.
    • The Windows 10 display language is English
    • I uninstalled and reinstalled several times, both through Apps and Features and PowerShell. The newly installed app immediately logs into my twitter account. Since I completely removed the app from the pc, where does the app take that login info from? Are there settings files hidden somewhere that control the way the app behaves and even override the in-app language settings?
    • I even searched the registry for my login info but didn't find anything meaningful.
    • I also tried changing locale in windows itself. It too didn't work.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

mandewho, May 5, 2019
Thema:

How to change display of saved documents in Notepad to English Language

1. How to change display of saved documents in Notepad to English Language - Similar Threads - change display saved

2. Is there a way to change Windows Notepad display language?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to change Windows Notepad display language?: Computer was originally set to display in Swedish but I prefeer to have all my tech in English and even though I have changed the display language notepad and notably the screenshot tool remains operating in Swedish. Since I was able to uninstall and reinstall notepad I...
  3. Is there a way to change Windows Notepad display language?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to change Windows Notepad display language?: Computer was originally set to display in Swedish but I prefeer to have all my tech in English and even though I have changed the display language notepad and notably the screenshot tool remains operating in Swedish. Since I was able to uninstall and reinstall notepad I...
  4. I can't change the Windows display language to English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't change the Windows display language to English: Last year I bought a laptop in China and I cannot change the system language to English because the Windows display language has only one option which is Chinese. I can add other input languages but the system language cannot be changed. Thus, all My computer, Control Panel,...
  5. How to change Windows 10 display language from Chinese to English?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Windows 10 display language from Chinese to English?: HW: Lenovo thinkpad T470 SW: x64 Win 10 1903 I had been used English as the display language for years. But it change to Chinese since the system updated itself to 1903 several days ago. I tried changing it back to English but it says "Only one display language is...
  6. Can't change the display language from Chinese to English

Can't change the display language from Chinese to English: Hi savvy tech guys and girls, I just bought a brand new HP OMEN 17 in China and no surprise everything is in Chinese. But no matter what I do, I can't seem to change the display language to English. What I have done: 1. I have downloaded an English language pack. 2. I...
  7. Can Notepad language be converted to English? My saved documents on Notepad are not...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can Notepad language be converted to English? My saved documents on Notepad are not...: Please notify me when there is help. Thanks! * Moved from Mobile Devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-notepad-language-be-converted-to-english-my/b3e9c766-84b3-4dde-b8af-488b639deab2
  8. How to Change App Language to English?

How to Change App Language to English?: Hi, I'm using Windows 10. For some reason the language for my default applications e.g. Mail, Photos (and even Skype) have been set to Japanese. How do I change it back to English? Thank you....
  9. How to change the language to English?

How to change the language to English?: Last month, I brought a laptop in China , which is Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Window 10 Chinese family version. I want to change the whole laptop's system to English. When I open the laptop, it's Chinese, I ask the worker to help me to change to English, they went to setting to...
  10. Recovering display language English

Recovering display language English: Hi I am aware that this is a topic on different threads. My laptop has windows 10 home build 1803 with English (US) as the default display language. Today I added French as the display language using the instructions on settings. It worked (though gave me grief as the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why are my files saved in another language in notepad

2. how we display the documents on notepad