Windows 10: how to change dob of child account in family group

Discus and support how to change dob of child account in family group in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; i am not able to change dob of my child account added in a family group as an family organiser... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by HP PC1, Jun 5, 2023.

1. HP PC1 Win User

how to change dob of child account in family group

i am not able to change dob of my child account added in a family group as an family organiser

:)

HP PC1, Jun 5, 2023

2. Change Child's DOB in Family but no option to do so in Microsoft account

Hi,

I'm trying to change my son's DOB on Microsoft. All Microsoft instructions say to log in to my adult account, select him in Family and select 'Manage My child's profile info' and then choose 'Edit this child's personal info'

Seems straightforward but I don't get offered the 'Edit this child's personal info' option on the 'Manage my child's profile info page'.

All it has is a statement saying some countries have different steps to regulate what children can do online.

Any suggestions welcome as I've spent hours looking into this!

Thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

TimBurke101, Jun 5, 2023
  3. Hys3qm Win User
    Changing child's DOB but no option to do so

Hi,

I'm trying to change my son's DOB on Microsoft. All Microsoft instructions say to log in to my adult account, select him in Family and select 'Manage My child's profile info' and then choose 'Edit this
    child's personal info'

Seems straightforward but I don't get offered the 'Edit this child's personal info' option on the 'Manage my child's profile info page'.

All it has is a statement saying some countries have different steps to regulate what children can do online.

And I can't change the DOB from my son's account via the 'personal info' section.

Any suggestions welcome as I've spent hours looking into this!

Thanks

Hys3qm, Jun 5, 2023
  4. how to change dob of child account in family group

Change a DOB on Microsoft Account to make Adult a Child - tried all fixes

I accessed my son's (Child) Microsoft account from my (Adult) Microsoft account and changed his DOB, making him an adult. This was to try and fix a problem accessing XBOX.

The XBOX issue is now resolved and I'm trying to change back his DOB (to be a Child again). I have to do this from his account and I get the following error message:

Your date of birth cannot be updated at this time.

NB this is a UK account. I had previously completed the step to verify his account via my Microsoft account (including the bit to add the £0.50 credit).

I logged a call with Microsoft support 01/06/2018. After screen sharing my PC they too were unable to fix the issue.

Steps they tried were:

* Removing my son from my Family and re-adding him as a Child. He is now listed as a Child in my account Family tab but he can choose [from his account] to leave the family.

* Clearing cookies etc and attempting the change of DOB from his account.

* Trying from my (Adult) account via the Family tab and clicking the Manage my child’s profile info link. However, this just takes me to a page with the message:

In the United States, South Korea and the EU, legislation requires that children have adult consent before creating an online account. You can use this page to manage the child accounts for which you provided consent. Learn
    more

To manage restrictions for your children, view your family settings.

Clicking the 'view your family settings' link just takes me back to the Family page. My son is listed in my Family tab as a Child. I can see him but can't edit his profile info (presumably because his DOB makes him an adult).

Today I accessed my son's account via his log-in and, by changing his Country/region (to Canada), I was able to correct his DOB. However, when I log-off and go back in and try and change is back to the UK I get this message:

Convert this to a child account?

You've changed your birthdate or country to indicate that you're under 13 years of age. If this is true, legislation requires that an adult verify your age with a credit card.

If you aren't a child, please select the correct date of birth for this account.

I click 'Yes' and I get the same message:

Your date of birth cannot be updated at this time.

Even though I tried to change his Country/region (not his DOB this time).

ArthurSteventon, Jun 5, 2023
Thema:

how to change dob of child account in family group

1. how to change dob of child account in family group - Similar Threads - change dob child

2. Unable to Add child account to Family group.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Add child account to Family group.: I contacted chat support under case number 7031667301. The chat window closed before I could copy any details.My 13 year old son has a Windows PC running Windows version 11. I am unable to add him to my family group so that I can use windows parental control features to...
  3. Unable to Add child account to Family group.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Add child account to Family group.: I contacted chat support under case number 7031667301. The chat window closed before I could copy any details.My 13 year old son has a Windows PC running Windows version 11. I am unable to add him to my family group so that I can use windows parental control features to...
  4. how to change dob of child account in family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change dob of child account in family group: i am not able to change dob of my child account added in a family group as an family organiser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-dob-of-child-account-in-family-group/094006b7-d339-480c-8732-a99f2e4c6b03
  5. how to change dob of child account in family group

how to change dob of child account in family group: i am not able to change dob of my child account added in a family group as an family organiser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-dob-of-child-account-in-family-group/094006b7-d339-480c-8732-a99f2e4c6b03
  6. Change DOB on account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change DOB on account: for some unknown reason recently the DOB on my account has changed and now puts me at 13 years old, this is causing issues accessing my emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-dob-on-account/d84a8ebd-7803-404a-ade7-193a94ee161e
  7. Change DOB on account

Change DOB on account: for some unknown reason recently the DOB on my account has changed and now puts me at 13 years old, this is causing issues accessing my emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-dob-on-account/d84a8ebd-7803-404a-ade7-193a94ee161e
  8. Change DOB on account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  9. DOB changed on account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DOB changed on account: Recently my DOB has changed on my account and now says i am under 13 so cant change it back and every time i try to use my browser or email it asking for permission Any advice is greatly appreciated...
  10. DOB changed on account

DOB changed on account: Recently my DOB has changed on my account and now says i am under 13 so cant change it back and every time i try to use my browser or email it asking for permission Any advice is greatly appreciated...