Windows 10: How to change download folder

Discus and support How to change download folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I open Chrome,I try to save a web page.Instad of downloading with Chrome,it saves and downloads to my desktop with Microsoft Edge.It won't open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NATALIA1040, Oct 26, 2021.

1. How to change download folder

When I open Chrome,I try to save a web page.Instad of downloading with Chrome,it saves and downloads to my desktop with Microsoft Edge.It won't open with Microsoft Edge.How do I make Chrome download it?

:)

NATALIA1040, Oct 26, 2021

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 26, 2021
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Oct 26, 2021
  4. monim1 Win User

How to change download folder

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

How to change download folder

1. How to change download folder - Similar Threads - change download folder

2. changing the location of the downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing the location of the downloads folder?: I accidentally moved the downloads folder to disk d without creating any files, and the entire disk d became downloads.The problem is that the files in the d folder are included in the downloads folder and I cannot move them back to the c disk because there is no space. Even...
  3. changing the location of the downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing the location of the downloads folder?: I accidentally moved the downloads folder to disk d without creating any files, and the entire disk d became downloads.The problem is that the files in the d folder are included in the downloads folder and I cannot move them back to the c disk because there is no space. Even...
  4. How to change download folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change download folder: When I open Chrome,I try to save a web page.Instad of downloading with Chrome,it saves and downloads to my desktop with Microsoft Edge.It won't open with Microsoft Edge.How do I make Chrome download it?...
  5. How to change download folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change download folder: When I open Chrome,I try to save a web page.Instad of downloading with Chrome,it saves and downloads to my desktop with Microsoft Edge.It won't open with Microsoft Edge.How do I make Chrome download it?...
  6. How to change downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change downloads folder?: For some reason when I installed a new hard drive and moved some stuff over, the D:\ path became the downloads folder, and acts like one. My new downloads folder (D:\Downloads), is not. How do I change this without moving all of the files? submitted by /u/N26_real [link]...
  7. How change the default Download folder from OneDrive to another folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How change the default Download folder from OneDrive to another folder: Out new Win10-Home seems to send new downloads to OneDrive as a default. We do not want or need the OneDrive software and desire to delete OneDrive as soon as we can. How do we direct future downloads to a new Download folder or any other folder of our choice? 161218
  8. Changing downloads folder location

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing downloads folder location: I accidentally changed my downloads folder location to D:\ partition. I want to change it to a folder called DOWNLOADZ_NEW in D:\ partition, how do I do it? I'm using Windows 10 version 1909. (build 18363.628) This is how the downloads folder looks like in the left side...
  9. How to change the Download folder in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Download folder in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The new Microsoft Edge web browser is pretty awesome, right? We agree. At first, we were skeptical, but after using it for a while, we can say for certain that it’s worth the effort. Now, it’s not yet perfect, but [...] This post How to change the Download...
  10. How to Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge Chromium: How to: How to Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge Chromium How to Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge Chromium Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web...