Windows 10: How to change email adress used for Windows account?

Discus and support How to change email adress used for Windows account? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; For my Windows 10 account, I used a certain email address. Since this is not the address that holds my Office 365 license, I want to change the email... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by trhanslator, Apr 14, 2021.

1. How to change email adress used for Windows account?

For my Windows 10 account, I used a certain email address. Since this is not the address that holds my Office 365 license, I want to change the email address I use to log into Windows.

Is this possible? Or do I then need to create a new admin with the correct address?

So:

• I have two different MS accounts, linked to two different email accounts e.g. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.
    • I log in to Windows 10 as an admin, using *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. This email address is shown in the Admin info under My MS account.
    • I constantly get a notification that there is an issue with my MS account, probably because I'm logged in via *** Email address is removed for privacy *** while my Office 365 and OneDrive are linked to the other address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

How can I fix this?

:)

trhanslator, Apr 14, 2021

2. Changed Microsoft account email adress, can't login to PC

So I changed my email adress (added a new one, changed to primary and removed the old one) for my Microsoft account using my laptop. Everything worked fine there.

Now I want to log in to my desktop machine and it won't let me because it's still linked to my old email adress. Requesting a password change does not work since it just resets the password for my laptop, but not my desktop.

All my previous passwords do not work either.

I got access to the machine as administrator via some cmd trickery but I still want to log in to my "old" account obviously.

Any suggestions?

Can I somehow change the email adress registered to this "local microsoft account" to link it up with my actual one?

//Edit:

This is weird. I just tried to convert the local account I created to a Microsoft account using my new email adress and I couldn't because "This account is already in use on this PC" or something. So it HAS a reference to my new email adress but it won't
    let me sign in with my current OR old password.

TehMightyPotato, Apr 14, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Apr 14, 2021
  4. How to change email adress used for Windows account?

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

How to change email adress used for Windows account?

1. How to change email adress used for Windows account? - Similar Threads - change email adress

2. How to change my Email adress to my Microsoft Bing account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my Email adress to my Microsoft Bing account: How to change my Email adress to my Microsoft Bing account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-email-adress-to-my-microsoft-bing/49298316-24fa-4978-81c5-7d691539b8d9
  3. How to change my Email adress to my Microsoft Bing account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change my Email adress to my Microsoft Bing account: How to change my Email adress to my Microsoft Bing account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-email-adress-to-my-microsoft-bing/49298316-24fa-4978-81c5-7d691539b8d9
  4. How to change my Email adress to my Microsoft Bing account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Change email adress on account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change email adress on account: Hi I have a problem too change my e.mail adress on my account. The adress that i use in my account is deleted and i can not change too my new adress? Could you please help ? Best regards Inge H hagen...
  6. Change email adress on account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change email adress on account: Hi I have a problem too change my e.mail adress on my account. The adress that i use in my account is deleted and i can not change too my new adress? Could you please help ? Best regards Inge H hagen...
  7. Change email adress on account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. adresse email

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    adresse email: comment récupérer une adresse email mis par erreur sur un site domaine ré server https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adresse-email/54b0f604-939f-4299-b053-4cf28ac78eec
  9. Changed Microsoft account email adress, can't login to PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changed Microsoft account email adress, can't login to PC: So I changed my email adress added a new one, changed to primary and removed the old one for my Microsoft account using my laptop. Everything worked fine there. Now I want to log in to my desktop machine and it won't let me because it's still linked to my old email adress....
  10. change primary email adress in Account profile

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    change primary email adress in Account profile: I changed isp provider a few days ago and my old email address is no longer valid. I simply need to change the email address associated with my Microsoft acccount but under manage my account there doesn't seem to be any means to allow that. Can you help?...