Windows 10: How to change File and Folder permissions in Windows 10

Discus and support How to change File and Folder permissions in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Every file and folder on Windows 10 has permission attributes. It gives your authority to edit, read, write, execute, and modify it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 14, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to change File and Folder permissions in Windows 10

WinClub, Nov 14, 2019
  2. tom acito Win User

how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

this is for a file... how for a folder and ALL subfolders and files

thanks.

tom acito, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 14, 2019
  4. How to change File and Folder permissions in Windows 10

how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you trying to give permission to particular files and folders?
    I suggest you to follow the below step and check if it helps.

• Once you choose the file that you want to give permission, right click on it.
    • Click on properties and go to security tab, check whether any permission have been set.
    • After you have viewed the permissions that are already set, you can now click on the Advanced Button that is right below the "Permissions for Authenticated Users"
    • Once you have clicked Advanced, a box like this should appear, the "Permission Entries" box, which shows all the permissions that are set for the users. Now, after you have spotted the user whose permissions you wish to change, click "Change Permissions.
    • Click on the user you would like to edit, and then click the option that says "Change Permissions" which is right below the box.
    • Once that is clicked, you are going to get the same box pop up, but this time, you can actually edit the options. You do that by clicking the "Administrators" user again, and this time, you are going to click the "Edit" option.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

How to change File and Folder permissions in Windows 10

1. How to change File and Folder permissions in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - change File Folder

2. Can't change folder permissions Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't change folder permissions Windows 10: All started with a problem of crashing of Protection History tab. This problem appeared a couple of weeks ago. Before that there was no problems with that tab. I found a solution here:...
  3. Can't change folder permissions Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change folder permissions Windows 10: All started with a problem of crashing of Protection History tab. This problem appeared a couple of weeks ago. Before that there was no problems with that tab. I found a solution here:...
  4. how to restrict access to change security permissions for files and folders

how to restrict access to change security permissions for files and folders: i want to restrict access to change security settings in user folder like everything will be greyed out and you can't click it shown in the image above i want to do this for my "User" folder as last time all permission for groups was denied and the next time i opened my...
  5. how to restrict access to change security permissions for files and folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to restrict access to change security permissions for files and folders: i want to restrict access to change security settings in user folder like everything will be greyed out and you can't click it shown in the image above i want to do this for my "User" folder as last time all permission for groups was denied and the next time i opened my...
  6. how to restrict access to change security permissions for files and folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Change folder permissions in Windows 10

Change folder permissions in Windows 10: I've seen many similar questions within the discussion group but have not resolved my issue. I noticed that after upgrading my system, all folders are Read Only. When I sign in as the administrator and remove this barrier and apply the change, it does not actually apply the...
  8. Changing folder permissions

Changing folder permissions: Hi, I have run into a problem when trying to run a neural network on jupyter notebook. This network ran on a mac previously but I have moved it to windows because I would like to use a GPU to allow for more efficiency. The problem involves it accessing the folders containing...
  9. Windows does not allow changes in file or folder permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows does not allow changes in file or folder permissions: I am trying to get control of a large number of picture files in a number of folders. I have tried to set permissions, but no matter what I do, the os will not allow me to set the new permissions or get control of the folders. I can add myself to the list of owners, but...
  10. Change Permissions of OneDrive Shared Files and Folders

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Permissions of OneDrive Shared Files and Folders: How to: Change Permissions of OneDrive Shared Files and Folders How to Change Permission Level of Shared OneDrive Files and Folders You can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 tablet, or Windows 10...