Windows 10: How to change file back to folder?

Discus and support How to change file back to folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, and let me tell something before. First, I have searched the way to change the file back to folder on the internet with various combination of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BanyongLaw, Oct 30, 2018.

1. How to change file back to folder?

Hello, and let me tell something before.

First, I have searched the way to change the file back to folder on the internet with various combination of words. Second, I tried to do those ways, and they did not work at all. I used the check disk to find any disk drive problem twice. There was an error, but it had no detail showed and could not be solved. I used antivirus programs, including Microsoft Safety Scanner, to scan virus, and there was no virus or infected file. Recently, I desperately phoned Microsoft Support for help, and they said they had limited resource and left me frustrated. So now, my last straw, it is time to ask for help here.

The problem happened to my colleague. She said that her work folder turned into a file, and after I saw the issue, I found out that she accidentally added "." in between a word (eg. "From Desktop.2016".) I know it is a human error, and I cannot blame her for it. Right now, after trying my best to solve the problem, it still is a file with file type 2016. So, please tell me how to fix it. The magnitude of the problem is huge because inside the said folder, there are lots of important and highly valued files.

Thanks.

:)

BanyongLaw, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Frogger Win User

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile How to change file back to folder? :)

Frogger, Oct 30, 2018
  3. monim1 Win User
    EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Oct 30, 2018
  4. mrgeek Win User

How to change file back to folder?

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

How to change file back to folder?

1. How to change file back to folder? - Similar Threads - change file folder

2. Why onedrive change my folder name? How to change it back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why onedrive change my folder name? How to change it back?: Onedrive change my Desktop into Thai language "เดสก์ท็อป" and I don't like it. Also change other folder like Pictures.No one want this feature. Could you remove it or add option to not to change folder name or help me revert it back to English?...
  3. Why onedrive change my folder name? How to change it back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why onedrive change my folder name? How to change it back?: Onedrive change my Desktop into Thai language "เดสก์ท็อป" and I don't like it. Also change other folder like Pictures.No one want this feature. Could you remove it or add option to not to change folder name or help me revert it back to English?...
  4. How to change folder icons back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change folder icons back: After the recent windows update, every folder icon now displays a sort of mini icon of one of the files inside the folder. I don't like how this looks at all. Why would windows do this? How can I change all of my folder icons back to being just the folder icon?...
  5. How to change folder icons back

How to change folder icons back: After the recent windows update, every folder icon now displays a sort of mini icon of one of the files inside the folder. I don't like how this looks at all. Why would windows do this? How can I change all of my folder icons back to being just the folder icon?...
  6. How to restrict File folder ownership changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restrict File folder ownership changes: Hi,I have an external hard drive with a certain folder that I don't want anyone else but myself to view. I was successfully about to change the permissions to only allow my user account to view the account, even on other computers. I did this via security permissions in...
  7. How to restrict File folder ownership changes

How to restrict File folder ownership changes: Hi,I have an external hard drive with a certain folder that I don't want anyone else but myself to view. I was successfully about to change the permissions to only allow my user account to view the account, even on other computers. I did this via security permissions in...
  8. Files not backing up but folders are.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files not backing up but folders are.: OneDrive seems to be working correctly but in my picture directory, the folders are there but all of them are empty. Pictures are still in the folders on the local computer. How can I make OneDrive attempt to sync again? It syncs without errors but not updating the folders....
  9. How to change the presentation of files in the file/folder browser

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change the presentation of files in the file/folder browser: Hi, I could use a little help in taking control of the manner in which the file browser presents the files. I have a C drive and 4 data drives. Each data drive has it's unique structure and should be presented as such. For example: in the most of the music drive I want to...
  10. How to change list of folders/files in File History back utility

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change list of folders/files in File History back utility: I was trying the File History backup utility and of course it defaulted to a preset of folders/files as I did not "Remove" any. Actually what I really want to is only backup a single folder that I warehouse selected data in (C\special docs) What I need to do is remove all the...