Windows 10: How to change file icons using custom icons (Win 10 /64/ 1903)

Discus and support How to change file icons using custom icons (Win 10 /64/ 1903) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been using File Types Manager for years without a problem. But since the Win 10 / 64 1903 update the 'Browse' function no longer works. How can we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by orealius, Oct 15, 2019.

1. orealius Win User

How to change file icons using custom icons (Win 10 /64/ 1903)

I've been using File Types Manager for years without a problem. But since the Win 10 / 64 1903 update the 'Browse' function no longer works. How can we access and use custom icons for files (such as an mp3 file) without File Types Manager?

:)

orealius, Oct 15, 2019

2. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, Oct 15, 2019
  4. XPEHOPE3 Win User

Two bugs in GPU-Z - icon and version number

I ran into the very same issue with the latest GPU-Z version at Win 10 x64 - I rename the desktop shortcut and after some time I see blank icon for it, and reinstall-rename solution also won't survive restart. The solution I came up with was to extract the icon from GPU-Z and use it instead. This is yet to disappear after multiple restarts.

XPEHOPE3, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

1. How to change file icons using custom icons (Win 10 /64/ 1903) - Similar Threads - change file icons

2. File Explorer Custom Icon & Details Pane Custom Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Custom Icon & Details Pane Custom Icon: I changed my default folder icon to a custom one of my preference so that all folders use this icon.I did it by following the steps in this reg edit method below"How to Change All Default Folder Icons in Windows 11 At Once" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tC04Nb8UUgTheres 3...
  3. File Explorer Custom Icon & Details Pane Custom Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Custom Icon & Details Pane Custom Icon: I changed my default folder icon to a custom one of my preference so that all folders use this icon.I did it by following the steps in this reg edit method below"How to Change All Default Folder Icons in Windows 11 At Once" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tC04Nb8UUgTheres 3...
  4. I want to change a .bat file's icon to a custom icon. how?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change a .bat file's icon to a custom icon. how?: Hey there, I need some help with this. I tried following some tutorials online but i dont have a clue! also please dont question the .bat, its a personal project....
  5. I want to change a .bat file's icon to a custom icon. how?

I want to change a .bat file's icon to a custom icon. how?: Hey there, I need some help with this. I tried following some tutorials online but i dont have a clue! also please dont question the .bat, its a personal project....
  6. I want to change a .bat file's icon to a custom icon. how?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. how to change the icons and customize the icons in win11 taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change the icons and customize the icons in win11 taskbar: subject https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-icons-and-customize-the-icons-in/6f2f0f3b-9b73-49df-9126-4ee98e445cdd
  8. how to change the icons and customize the icons in win11 taskbar

how to change the icons and customize the icons in win11 taskbar: subject https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-icons-and-customize-the-icons-in/6f2f0f3b-9b73-49df-9126-4ee98e445cdd
  9. Folder Icons in Win 10 64-bit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Icons in Win 10 64-bit: Old hat subject, but very puzzling. I was able to use a 3rd Party Folder colorizer ["Marker", free version] to colour the icons for both theProgram Files Folder on both my Win 10 pcs. This despiteWindows refusing in "Properties". Anyway, I just noticed that the 64-bitPrograms...
  10. Custom File Icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom File Icons?: I've got a program that creates various file types; some of these are associated with the program and display its icon. Is it possible to keep the file association, but change the icons for some of the associated types so they stand out in a listing? If so, then ideally...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change drive icons win 10