Windows 10: How to change file icons? Win10

Discus and support How to change file icons? Win10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [read the title]I've found how to change folder, shortcut, driver ... icons.Still nothing on changing file icons except of course changing the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by N.bg, Mar 19, 2023.

1. N.bg Win User

How to change file icons? Win10

[read the title]I've found how to change folder, shortcut, driver ... icons.Still nothing on changing file icons except of course changing the default app e.g.: Word for .docx.If I were to create a game onto an .exe file, how might I change its icon like on Steam games?Thanks in advance!

:)

2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 19, 2023
  4. How to change file icons? Win10

I Can't Change My File's Icons

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from the computer by answering the following questions:

• The file’s icon which you are trying to change, is that file open? If yes, please close the file and check.

Please mention the steps you tried, to change the file’s icon.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

How to change file icons? Win10

1. How to change file icons? Win10 - Similar Threads - change file icons

2. How to change file icons? Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change file icons? Win10: [read the title]I've found how to change folder, shortcut, driver ... icons.Still nothing on changing file icons except of course changing the default app e.g.: Word for .docx.If I were to create a game onto an .exe file, how might I change its icon like on Steam games?Thanks...
  3. How to change file icons? Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change file icons? Win10: [read the title]I've found how to change folder, shortcut, driver ... icons.Still nothing on changing file icons except of course changing the default app e.g.: Word for .docx.If I were to create a game onto an .exe file, how might I change its icon like on Steam games?Thanks...
  4. Changing Default Icons in Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Default Icons in Win10: How do you change the default icons that are used by Windows 10? Search results have been pretty muddy. This just doesn't seem like it should be this difficult. I'm mostly interested in folders and file types (mp3, mp4, pdf, etc.) Btw, I've been changing icons individually...
  5. Is it possible to change the win10 taskbar icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to change the win10 taskbar icon?: What it says on the tin, just wondering if it's possible and how. Windows 10 v20H2 172792
  6. how to change the icon of an mp4 file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to change the icon of an mp4 file?: im trying to make something but i want to change the thumbnail of the file but i dont know how submitted by /u/alliumCepa857 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0llxf/how_to_change_the_icon_of_an_mp4_file/
  7. Files changed their icons

Files changed their icons: I don't really know how to ask this question but something changed and I am not sure how to get it back. I have a lot of svg files because I have a Cricut and that uses that type of file. In my Cricut Design space folder in explorer I have them broken down into different...
  8. How to Change PDF file icon to another icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Change PDF file icon to another icon: I have a Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop running Windows 10 and Microsoft programs. I downloaded the Lenovo User Guide for the S340. The icon for the user guide is PDF. I want to change this icon from PDF to Lenovo. I found the Lenovo icon in ico form and downloaded it to my...
  9. changing file icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing file icons: Hello, i was cleaning out a folder today sims 4 and i accidently opened the package file in notepad and it changed all my files and icons to a notepad please how do i fix this? ive tried restoring to previous window settings but it never worked, heres a photo for referance,...
  10. How to change file icons on desktop

How to change file icons on desktop: If a file is saved on the desktop it is often not possible to change the icon associated with it. For example a pdf file usually has an Adobe Acrobat Reader icon which cannot be changed. However it is possible to change the icon if the file is saved elsewhere, for example in...