Windows 10: How to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage)

Discus and support How to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just bought a dell inspiron operating with windows 10. The default settings were to save files to the C drive which was home to apps, general... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ally, Jul 1, 2018.

1. ally Win User

How to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage)

I have just bought a dell inspiron operating with windows 10.
    The default settings were to save files to the C drive which was home to apps, general settings etc.
    I want to be able to save all my files, photos, music etc to the D drive which is 1TB of storage.
    I have tried to do this but been unsuccessful and now things are saving all over the place and my quick access links aren't working properly either.

Is there a way of restoring how files are stored to factory settings without having to restore the whole computer?

:)

ally, Jul 1, 2018

2. Can´t change the default storage drive.

Hello.

I changed the default storage drive (from C: to DHow to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage) :) in "Settings>>System>>Storage, however the Windows continues to install all apps in C: drive. Any suggestion?

HelderCardoso_0707, Jul 1, 2018
  3. Maryssa22 Win User
    Change program download drive from C to D

My program default download drive is C, but it has much less storage space on it than my D drive. How can I change the default drive for program downloads to D so as to keep my C drive faster and functioning well.

Maryssa22, Jul 1, 2018
  4. How to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage)

C drive full D drive empty.

Hi,

For us to effectively assist you, kindly provide us the information we need below:

• Kindly verify the total amount of your storage drive.
    • Are you using multiple hard drives?
    • If not, then your hard drive is partitioned. Have you tried transferring the other files over to drive D:?

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Jul 1, 2018
Thema:

How to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage)

1. How to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage) - Similar Threads - change file path

2. in windows 10 how do you change drives from c to d my C drive is just for windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    in windows 10 how do you change drives from c to d my C drive is just for windows?: Hi; I have 2 drives C for windows 10 operating system 118 gig ssd drive and 1t for everything else. How do you change the C drive to my D drive. I need a simple way to do this, and can I change all ready installed programs from c to d drive[ex: iTunes]. I hope someone in...
  3. Loss Of Drive Storage Limit on the C: drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loss Of Drive Storage Limit on the C: drive: This might be hard to explain so an Image May help. The following shows my storage limits on each of my drives (The E and F drives or for backup). [ATTACH] As of Recently I have noticed that my main C: drive has had its storage limit drop down. When I had first gotten my...
  4. Recovery Storage and C Drive Storage

Recovery Storage and C Drive Storage: Hello- I have a computer with 1TB on it for storage but yet everything goes to recovery and my c Drive is almost empty????? HELP!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-storage-and-c-drive-storage/1839d27f-7ca9-45b1-b2c4-cfc8aab92efe"
  5. How to change E Drive to D

How to change E Drive to D: On my Windows 10 Surface I have attached two extra separate hard drives via USB cables. For the last 12 months one was D: the other G:. Now they show up as E: and G: I have lots of links to files on my D: drive. How do I rename this E: back to D:?...
  6. Storage: OS and local drive

Storage: OS and local drive: My computer says I have 40.8 MB free of 449 MB on the local disk E: and 848 GB out of 921 GB on my OS C: drive. It seems that I have a lot of storage left on this computer so how do I use some of those 848 GB's?...
  7. Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change "D" drive to "C" drive.: How do I copy all files on my "C" drive onto my current "D" drive (including bootup files and Windows 10), then change my "D" drive to "C" drive and my my old "C" drive to "D" drive?...
  8. Wish to change drive order - Drive 1 is currently D: and Drive 2 is C:

Wish to change drive order - Drive 1 is currently D: and Drive 2 is C:: I'm currently configuring a new PC with Windows 10 Pro - it has two identical 2TB hard drives. Somehow (and don't ask me how) the drive order has become mixed up and volume C: is on drive 2 while volume D: is on drive 1. The boot drive must be drive 2 given that volume C: is...
  9. Laptop doesn't boot because OS is on D: drive instead of C: drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop doesn't boot because OS is on D: drive instead of C: drive: My laptop doesn't boot because OS is on E: drive instead of C: drive [img] When I try to boot it up (it somehow boots up as windows 8.1 instead of my OS windows 10), it gives a BSoD and shows the error code 0xc000021a. I created a bootable USB drive with windows 10...
  10. C: Drive and D: Drive files switched after upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    C: Drive and D: Drive files switched after upgrade: Sorry, didn't exactly know where to post this. So recently I had my Windows Vista upgraded to Windows 10 (also upgraded various hardware). Today I was fiddling around and customizing it, when I noticed that all of my files that were previously saved on my C: Drive were...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change file path to d drive

2. 888 pokers storage on local drive