Windows 10: How to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage)

Discus and support How to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just bought a dell inspiron operating with windows 10. The default settings were to save files to the C drive which was home to apps, general... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ally, Jul 1, 2018.

1. ally Win User

How to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage)

I have just bought a dell inspiron operating with windows 10.
    The default settings were to save files to the C drive which was home to apps, general settings etc.
    I want to be able to save all my files, photos, music etc to the D drive which is 1TB of storage.
    I have tried to do this but been unsuccessful and now things are saving all over the place and my quick access links aren't working properly either.

Is there a way of restoring how files are stored to factory settings without having to restore the whole computer?

:)

ally, Jul 1, 2018

2. Can´t change the default storage drive.

Hello.

I changed the default storage drive (from C: to DHow to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage) :) in "Settings>>System>>Storage, however the Windows continues to install all apps in C: drive. Any suggestion?

HelderCardoso_0707, Jul 1, 2018
  3. Maryssa22 Win User
    Change program download drive from C to D

My program default download drive is C, but it has much less storage space on it than my D drive. How can I change the default drive for program downloads to D so as to keep my C drive faster and functioning well.

Maryssa22, Jul 1, 2018
  4. How to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage)

C drive full D drive empty.

Hi,

For us to effectively assist you, kindly provide us the information we need below:

• Kindly verify the total amount of your storage drive.
    • Are you using multiple hard drives?
    • If not, then your hard drive is partitioned. Have you tried transferring the other files over to drive D:?

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Jul 1, 2018
Thema:

How to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage)

1. How to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage) - Similar Threads - change file path

2. how to move file folders from C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to move file folders from C drive to D drive: How do I move folders from C drive to D drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-file-folders-from-c-drive-to-d-drive/ba455194-5c95-4cf4-8fb6-2be2a8242972
  3. Files copying from c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files copying from c drive to d drive: Why are all my files from my c drive also being put into my d drive. Ive tried to deleting files from one drive because i assumed they'd stay installed on the other drive but anything i remove from one drive is deleted from the other drive. Because that wasn't working right i...
  4. Files copying from c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files copying from c drive to d drive: Why are all my files from my c drive also being put into my d drive. Ive tried to deleting files from one drive because i assumed they'd stay installed on the other drive but anything i remove from one drive is deleted from the other drive. Because that wasn't working right i...
  5. D drive Storage moved to C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive Storage moved to C drive: My G drive 195 GB is totally free. If I try to copy any files to the G drive it showing not enough space cause my c drive has only 25 Gb free. Anything I try to copy in Disk 0465 GB- D, E, G Volume takes spaces in the C drive. There is a video also.What can I do now?? Disk...
  6. D drive Storage moved to C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive Storage moved to C drive: My G drive 195 GB is totally free. If I try to copy any files to the G drive it showing not enough space cause my c drive has only 25 Gb free. Anything I try to copy in Disk 0465 GB- D, E, G Volume takes spaces in the C drive. There is a video also.What can I do now?? Disk...
  7. D drive Storage moved to C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Transfer File from C Drive to D Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer File from C Drive to D Drive: Hi, I am wanting to re-link my default folder from C Drive and transfer all files over to D Drive. How do I do that? Regards Chung https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-file-from-c-drive-to-d-drive/a2298baa-2832-4aae-ab78-4e9a5115d2f3
  9. How to move stuff from OS C: drive to D D: drive safely.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move stuff from OS C: drive to D D: drive safely.: Hello, I am asking how to move some important file library locations music, documents, pictures, perhaps even my desktop files and more to my D drive since my OS drive is almost full. Yes, I don't understand how computers work but i messed up before and wish not to do it...
  10. Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change "D" drive to "C" drive.: How do I copy all files on my "C" drive onto my current "D" drive (including bootup files and Windows 10), then change my "D" drive to "C" drive and my my old "C" drive to "D" drive?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change storage from c to d

2. how can change path of program from c to d

3. change settings on c drive

4. change c drive path to d drive,
  5. hpw to change storage from c to d,
  6. how to change from os drive to d,
  7. how to change instalation path from c drive to d drive,
  8. cant change drive for storage from C to D drive,
  9. change installation path to d drive,
  10. how to change the path from c drive to d drive,
  11. how to set paths to c drive,