How to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage)

Discus and support How to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just bought a dell inspiron operating with windows 10. The default settings were to save files to the C drive which was home to apps, general... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ally, Jul 1, 2018.

1. ally Win User

I have just bought a dell inspiron operating with windows 10.
    The default settings were to save files to the C drive which was home to apps, general settings etc.
    I want to be able to save all my files, photos, music etc to the D drive which is 1TB of storage.
    I have tried to do this but been unsuccessful and now things are saving all over the place and my quick access links aren't working properly either.

Is there a way of restoring how files are stored to factory settings without having to restore the whole computer?

:)

ally, Jul 1, 2018
  2. HelderCardoso_0707 Win User

Can´t change the default storage drive.

Hello.

I changed the default storage drive (from C: to DHow to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage) :) in "Settings>>System>>Storage, however the Windows continues to install all apps in C: drive. Any suggestion?

HelderCardoso_0707, Jul 1, 2018
  3. Maryssa22 Win User
    Change program download drive from C to D

My program default download drive is C, but it has much less storage space on it than my D drive. How can I change the default drive for program downloads to D so as to keep my C drive faster and functioning well.

Maryssa22, Jul 1, 2018
  4. Jomel_Santos Win User

C drive full D drive empty.

Hi,

For us to effectively assist you, kindly provide us the information we need below:

• Kindly verify the total amount of your storage drive.
    • Are you using multiple hard drives?
    • If not, then your hard drive is partitioned. Have you tried transferring the other files over to drive D:?

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Jul 1, 2018
Thema:

1. How to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage) - Similar Threads - change file path

2. Changing file association

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing file association: Adobe acrobat reader is associated with ascm files. I need to change the association so that I can open an ascm file with Adobe digital reader so that I can read a book. Thanks...
  3. "Change Icon..." yields a Medium-size icon only when I select an ICO file -- why and how do...

"Change Icon..." yields a Medium-size icon only when I select an ICO file -- why and how do...: I have valid ICO files (created from PNG files by IrfanView from the Windows Store). If my desktop icon view is set to Large icons (right-click on desktop -> View -> Large icons) and if I right click on a shortcut on my desktop, select Properties -> Shortcut tab -> Change...
  4. Excel file text formatting completely changed after 7/10/2108 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Excel file text formatting completely changed after 7/10/2108 update: Opened some years-old .xls personal files that I use and update on almost a daily basis just now, and was dismayed to see everything about the displayed text and column formatting had changed completely...even the font on the worksheet title tabs. Is there a good way to...
  5. Deleting/Changing File Permission Issue

Deleting/Changing File Permission Issue: [IMG]I recently tried deleting two folder duplicates and found out that I needed permission to delete these folders from TrustedInstaller. I searched up ways to do so, but i got stuck when I encountered the window that mentions ‘Object Name’ and such. I was confused on what...
  6. How to change a .package file back to an "Unknown application" when opened

How to change a .package file back to an "Unknown application" when opened: Hi, I decided one day to play around with my .package file and accidentally pressed an app for the "open with" option. Now all my .package files go into photo albums when opened. The icon of the .package files also look like the photo album icon. I have watched many...
  7. Change Taskbar so it shows file Names

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Taskbar so it shows file Names: Hi, I saved a number of Jpg and Gif files that I need to have open and easily toggle between. The files open in Microsoft Photo(I think) and I want to be able to see the file names in the Taskbar so I can toggle between them more easily. Right now they all just say photo in...
  8. how do I change the default apps for a file type?

how do I change the default apps for a file type?: I know how to go to default apps and change default apps for a file type, but for example, I am trying to associate google sheets for .gsheets files or even excel for .gsheets files. Windows 10 has them defaulted to googlesyncdrive and only offers me that option or to go to...
  9. changing file size for trash bin recycling in Win10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    changing file size for trash bin recycling in Win10: Hi all, the trash bin (or recycle bin? Sorry, I dont have the english version) takes files up to a certain size. Everything above that size is automatically deleted without being recycled. For example, you delete a 10MB-PDF and it disappears into the trash bin. If you delete...
  10. changing file size for trash bin recycling in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    changing file size for trash bin recycling in Win10: Hi all, the trash bin (or recycle bin? Sorry, I dont have the english version) takes files up to a certain size. Everything above that size is automatically deleted without being recycled. For example, you delete a 10MB-PDF and it disappears into the trash bin. If you delete...