Windows 10: How to change Firefox audio output without 3rd party programs?

Discus and support How to change Firefox audio output without 3rd party programs? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Haven't found a solution to this anywhere. Idea is to set all sounds to one place, say to sound card (Realtek motherboard integrated) but tell Firefox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ScothMcBeast, Jan 23, 2020.

1. How to change Firefox audio output without 3rd party programs?

Haven't found a solution to this anywhere. Idea is to set all sounds to one place, say to sound card (Realtek motherboard integrated) but tell Firefox to go to Logitech G935 headset instead. Chrome did have some solution (for other reasons Chrome won't do) but I'm out of ideas with Firefox. Solutions I have require all kinds of third party elements from various places and since I'm playing and recording music I'm not prepared to taint my system with such.

Goal is to have other person to watch stuff on Firefox with audio while I'm jamming with guitar on the same system and both have their own audio. The guitar direct delay free sound only available from direct feed from the motherboard so Firefox has to go to other audio outputs besides the integrated motherboard option.

I suppose I could go for third browser option that is safe and security wise well maintained.

Thanks for help!

:)

ScothMcBeast, Jan 23, 2020
  2. Le Boule Win User

3rd party AV program

The message you are describing may be observed if another antivirus program is still installed or there are remnants of a third party antivirus program still installed.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...b59cebc4f24/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc
    Note the statement "If you want to use Windows Defender Antivirus, uninstall all of your other antivirus programs and Windows Defender Antivirus will automatically turn on. You may be asked to restart your device."

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

For further information see the reply of quietman7 in Windows Defender

You may want to try the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include running SFC, scanning for malware with Malwarebytes and running the software removal tools for any security software (Avast,
    AVG, McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer followed by a reboot? List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

And see Configure Windows Defender in Windows
    8, 8.1 and 10

If you can't resolve this issue suggest you post back in this thread and provide additional information.

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them. | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Le Boule, Jan 23, 2020
  3. mic1217 Win User
    3rd party AV program

I'm trying to turn-on Windows Defender and I receive a message to uninstall 3rd party AV program. How do I identify the 3rd party AV program
    installed?

mic1217, Jan 23, 2020
  4. How to change Firefox audio output without 3rd party programs?

No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

How to change Firefox audio output without 3rd party programs?

1. How to change Firefox audio output without 3rd party programs? - Similar Threads - change Firefox audio

2. How to connect Tablet to Network, without 3rd party application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect Tablet to Network, without 3rd party application?: How can I connect my tablet to our computer network? We have a network of computers connected to each other, and I would like the ability to add a tablet to the network. That way we can access/view/map files from the network onto the tablet. I would like to be able to walk...
  3. How to connect Tablet to Network, without 3rd party application?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to connect Tablet to Network, without 3rd party application?: How can I connect my tablet to our computer network? We have a network of computers connected to each other, and I would like the ability to add a tablet to the network. That way we can access/view/map files from the network onto the tablet. I would like to be able to walk...
  4. How to connect Tablet to Network, without 3rd party application?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can not install 3rd party program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not install 3rd party program: Running Windows 11 Single home user. Can not install any 3rd party program. Can simply not verify the installation start. There is no option available to put in the information. Can not see the ability to allow 3rd party programs at all. I simply can not change anything that...
  6. Can not install 3rd party program

Can not install 3rd party program: Running Windows 11 Single home user. Can not install any 3rd party program. Can simply not verify the installation start. There is no option available to put in the information. Can not see the ability to allow 3rd party programs at all. I simply can not change anything that...
  7. Is there a Windows or 3rd-party program to make mass changes to filenames

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a Windows or 3rd-party program to make mass changes to filenames: I'd like to be able to change the names of a group of files in a folder by adding a constant to the beginning of the filename. For example suppose I have the following file structure.: FOLDER file1 file2Say I want to append Phil to the names, like PhilFile1 PhilFile2I'd...
  8. Is there a Windows or 3rd-party program to make mass changes to filenames

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a Windows or 3rd-party program to make mass changes to filenames: I'd like to be able to change the names of a group of files in a folder by adding a constant to the beginning of the filename. For example suppose I have the following file structure.: FOLDER file1 file2Say I want to append Phil to the names, like PhilFile1 PhilFile2I'd...
  9. Is there a Windows or 3rd-party program to make mass changes to filenames

10. How To Open Last Window/Program (Maybe 3rd Party Program?)

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Open Last Window/Program (Maybe 3rd Party Program?): Hi, so sometimes I have Notepad open and I close off the folder where that text file I opened it from. But then I accidentally close off Notepad, then a second later, I noticed that I needed that Notepad file open again. Is there any other method of Searching/Going back to...