Windows 10: How to change from AHCI to RAID without reinstalling Windows 10

Discus and support How to change from AHCI to RAID without reinstalling Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I change from AHCI to RAID without reinstalling Windows 10, so I can use a MSATA SSD for caching with IRST?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PhillipPitalo, Feb 7, 2019.

1. How to change from AHCI to RAID without reinstalling Windows 10

How do I change from AHCI to RAID without reinstalling Windows 10, so I can use a MSATA SSD for caching with IRST?

:)

PhillipPitalo, Feb 7, 2019
  2. DJKatz49 Win User

AHCI to RAID without reinstalling Windows in WIN10

Registry tweaks are available for changing from AHCI to RAID without reinstalling Windows for earlier versions of Windows.

However, the edits (such at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/922976 ) do not apply to Windows 10.

Anybody know the registry edits that work for Windows 10?

DJKatz49, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Funkyecat Win User
    Changinr Raid to AHCI

I don't have Raid! I want to change to AHCI. When I trie normally it won't boot.

Funkyecat, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

How to change from AHCI to RAID without reinstalling Windows 10

RAID vs AHCI mode

IDE = the old standard
    AHCI = IDE + NCQ and hotswap support
    RAID = same as AHCI, but the ability to use RAID modes.

If you change a drive in/out of RAID, it has to be formatted. So yes, you have to reinstall windows if you use RAID at a later date. You do NOT need RAID to have multiple drives.

Mussels, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

How to change from AHCI to RAID without reinstalling Windows 10

1. How to change from AHCI to RAID without reinstalling Windows 10 - Similar Threads - change AHCI RAID

2. How to change from raid to ahci?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change from raid to ahci?: Hi , I want to change my sata ssd controller form raid to ahci.. I watched many solutions , all of them told to boot to safe mode and then enter bios to change raid to achi.. But the problem is that i am having a laptop where the bios is only having simple settings , no...
  3. How to change from raid to ahci?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change from raid to ahci?: Hi , I want to change my sata ssd controller form raid to ahci.. I watched many solutions , all of them told to boot to safe mode and then enter bios to change raid to achi.. But the problem is that i am having a laptop where the bios is only having simple settings , no...
  4. Change from Raid to AHCI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change from Raid to AHCI: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 -7000- i5- 7573 came with SSD SanDisk X400 M.2 2280 256GB-1012 card, ok! in the Bios it is in Raid mode, and I would like to change it to AHCI, is it possible to make that change? Thanks JP...
  5. How do I change Windows 10 from AHCI to AMD RAID?

How do I change Windows 10 from AHCI to AMD RAID?: Emphasis on the AMD. I have found dozens of articles that state that you either need to boot into safe boot and let Windows install the driver or you enable the driver by altering a few registry entries from a '3' to a '0' (iaStor, iaStorSVC, ahciStor, etc), some articles...
  6. Changing RAID to AHCI without reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing RAID to AHCI without reinstalling Windows 10: Hi there, I have a Dell XPS 13 7390, x64, Microsoft Windows 10 Home, IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 2304 Mhz, 4 core, bios: 1.4.0, latest version, 16,0 GB. I need to change my setting from RAID to AHCI, but want to avoid a new installation of Windows 10...
  7. Switch from Raid to AHCI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch from Raid to AHCI: Is there a way to switch from Raid to AHCI without losing everything and having to reinstall Windows again? 104898
  8. AHCI or RAID

AHCI or RAID: Hi. I have just purchased a Dell XPS 15 Laptop with a single 512gb SSD. I am wanting to clean install Windows 10 but am unsure whether to place the BIOS in RAID or AHCI? I have heard the read/write SSD speeds are similar once in windows. Would one of these interfaces...
  9. Switch from AHCI to RAID

Switch from AHCI to RAID: I have Windows 10 Pro installed on an SSD in AHCI mode. I would like to add a RAID 1 array to this system for storage but I understand some registry tweaks must be made before I can change my BIOS from AHCI to RAID mode or I'll end up hosing Windows. I've read that the...
  10. WIndows Reinstall Switch From RAID to AHCI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows Reinstall Switch From RAID to AHCI: Hello all, My laptop (specs listed in other under system specs) uses a Samsung PM830 SSD. Samsung Magician says it doesnt support this drive, even though the online documentation says it does. The only reason for this that Ive been able to find is because the laptop is set...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change ahci to raid

2. ahci to raid without reinstall

3. changing from ahci to raid

4. achi to raid windows 10,
  5. ahci vs interl rst,
  6. How do I change to AHCI without having to reinstall Windopws 10,
  7. windows 10 da ahci a raid,
  8. lenovo RST to ACHI,
  9. how to change windows ahci to raid,
  10. how to change drive from ahci to raid windows 10,
  11. ahci to raid,