Windows 10: How to change from Minimal Safe Mode to Safe Mode with Networking without login?

Discus and support How to change from Minimal Safe Mode to Safe Mode with Networking without login? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I cannot log into 64-bit Microsoft Windows 10 Home. What happened was I used MSCONFIG to activate Minimal Safe Mode boot. However, before rebooting I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NicoleSharp100, Feb 26, 2019.

1. How to change from Minimal Safe Mode to Safe Mode with Networking without login?

I cannot log into 64-bit Microsoft Windows 10 Home. What happened was I used MSCONFIG to activate Minimal Safe Mode boot. However, before rebooting I only had my Windows PIN written down and not my Microsoft password. I figured that Minimal Safe Mode without Networking would use the local-machine Windows PIN instead of the Microsoft password to log in. But for some reason it is the other way around. So I cannot log into Minimal Safe Mode using my Windows PIN, and I did not know what my Microsoft password was. I was able to successfully reset my Microsoft password from a Linux livedisc (so I can log into here at least), but I still cannot log into Microsoft Windows since the machine is locked into Minimal Safe Mode without Networking (so it cannot detect the changed Microsoft password unless Networking is enabled). Attempting to press and hold the Shift key while selecting the power icon to enable Safe Mode with Networking via F5 does not work. I am guessing that the MSCONFIG setting is overriding the ability of the machine to enable Networking without a Windows login. Is there anything else that I can do to get back into Windows if I do not know the old Microsoft password? I think if I can simply enable Networking, then Safe Mode should recognize the new Microsoft password and allow me to log in and disable Safe Mode from MSCONFIG.

The reason I went into Safe Mode in the first place was to do a System Restore, since Bitdefender Antivirus was preventing that. I see that there is an available option to still do the System Restore that I initially intended to do, without logging into the machine. Will a System Restore also reset MSCONFIG to disable always booting the machine into Minimal Safe Mode? Otherwise I will still be locked out after the System Restore. The only other option I can think of is to reinstall Windows, but I really want to avoid that if possible.

It would be really good if Microsoft could allow the choice to use either the local-machine Windows PIN or the Microsoft password to log into Minimal Safe Mode, or if there was a way to enable Networking from the login window, without logging in.

:)

NicoleSharp100, Feb 26, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Safe Mode Minimal/ Can't login

I have recently went into safe mode so that I could delete a file that was very difficult to delete.However, since I put safe mode on MINIMAL, I am not able to login since there isn't a network(I typed my correct PIN and it says it is not working so I'm
    guessing that could be the reason). Is there a way I can turn off safe mode without having to login, so I can get a network and be able to access my computer. Please help, I am panicking.

AlessiaHolmes, Feb 26, 2019
  4. How to change from Minimal Safe Mode to Safe Mode with Networking without login?

Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

How to change from Minimal Safe Mode to Safe Mode with Networking without login?

1. How to change from Minimal Safe Mode to Safe Mode with Networking without login? - Similar Threads - change Minimal Safe

2. In Safe Mode with Networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Safe Mode with Networking: I went into Safe Mode with Networking to see if I can uninstall windows apps that have greyed out uninstall buttons, like XBox Game bar, but when I am in safe mode none of the apps show up. In fact it shows only 3 apps installed. Action center won't open when clicked. Trying...
  3. In Safe Mode with Networking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Safe Mode with Networking: I went into Safe Mode with Networking to see if I can uninstall windows apps that have greyed out uninstall buttons, like XBox Game bar, but when I am in safe mode none of the apps show up. In fact it shows only 3 apps installed. Action center won't open when clicked. Trying...
  4. In Safe Mode with Networking

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. No networking on safe mode?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No networking on safe mode?: I went to safe mode in search of malware/s and I found out networking on safe mode is not feasible. Is that for all W10 versions? Is there a way around it? 170654
  6. No networking on safe mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    No networking on safe mode?: I went to safe mode in search of malware/s and I found out networking on safe mode is not feasible. Is that for all W10 versions? Is there a way around it? 170654
  7. Networking in safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Networking in safe mode: Hi. Hope you are doing well. I have an HP laptop and it was working perfectly until recently, as soon as I sign-in to my Microsoft account the screen starts to Flicker wildly, when I try to open the task manager it prompts an error related to 'd3d12.dll not found'. After...
  8. Safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe mode with networking: No matter what I try safe mode with networking refuses to work for me. Im running windows 10, it's an evoo laptop submitted by /u/sjredditor15 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fwns17/safe_mode_with_networking/
  9. Login from safe mode minimal to with networking.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Login from safe mode minimal to with networking.: So i put my laptop on safemode minimal. It won't let me login at all with either Microsoft password or normal login. It won't connect to the internet either. I can't find the troubleshoot option as it goes straight into the enter password page. How should I proceed?...
  10. Safe mode not being minimal

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode not being minimal: Sorry for the crap title, I couldn't think of a better way to word it *chuckle But anyway I'm having a strange problem on one of my computers, where when I boot into safe mode, the resolution is set to 800x600 as expected but all the drivers are loaded like a normal startup...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change from safe mode to safe mode with networking