Windows 10: How to change from Organizer to Child account in Windows Family?

Discus and support How to change from Organizer to Child account in Windows Family? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am 19 and have an Organizer, Administrator account that I use for my PC, and in attempt to keep "adult" content away from me, I am looking to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CaRoJin, Oct 27, 2020.

1. How to change from Organizer to Child account in Windows Family?

I am 19 and have an Organizer, Administrator account that I use for my PC, and in attempt to keep "adult" content away from me, I am looking to use the Windows 10 Family controls and a friend to keep me from going on any adult sites, but I cannot find a way to change my account from an Organizer to a Child, and the idea of creating a new account and switching my PC to that account (and perhaps losing my settings, not to mention me only having 1 email to use) sounds like a pain. Is there any way I can change my account to Child and have my friend be the Organizer, or do I have to make a new account?

submitted by /u/CaRoJin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CaRoJin, Oct 27, 2020
  2. JS1701 Win User

Can a local user be changed to a child account?

Windows 10 Home
    ver 1909

Hello,

I'm trying to see if there's a way to change a local account (standard user) to a child account so it can be managed in the Microsoft Family?

I tried to follow the steps here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-c8f8cca1d52f

but there's no option for "family and other users".

They do not have Microsoft accounts. Do I need to basically create a new child account at Windows setup?

Any assistance appreciated.

JS1701, Oct 27, 2020
  3. How to change an "other users" account to a family child account

I have the exact same problem. I have read this entire thread and still find no solution to the problem. My computer has updated to windows 10 as well. My child's account is now under the
    other users accounts and I want to transfer him to a
    family child account without having to create a new account and be able to place child restriction settings. However, the solution you provided doesn't help. This is what your instruction entails...

If your child already has a user account on your PC, you can still add them to your family.

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap
      Change PC settings.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click
      Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

• Tap or click Accounts, and then tap or click Other accounts.

• Select the account you want, and then tap or click Edit.

If your child doesn't have a standard user account, see the previous To create a new child's account steps.

• In the Account type list, select Child and then tap or click
      OK. ---->>> This part doesn't exist. It only gives you the option to change account type from
      local account to administrator. What I want to do is move the existing account to family CHILD account! PLEASE PROVIDE NEW SOLUTION ASAP!!!! THANK YOU!

GianinaClark, Oct 27, 2020
  4. How to change from Organizer to Child account in Windows Family?

Changing Adult Account to Child Account

Hi Peter,

To rectify your issue in converting an account from child/teen to an adult, we suggest that you try these steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other users on the left pane.
    • Select the adult account and click Change account type.

In addition you may also check this
    Forum article
    to know more details about Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

How to change from Organizer to Child account in Windows Family?

1. How to change from Organizer to Child account in Windows Family? - Similar Threads - change Organizer Child

2. how to change dob of child account in family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change dob of child account in family group: i am not able to change dob of my child account added in a family group as an family organiser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-dob-of-child-account-in-family-group/094006b7-d339-480c-8732-a99f2e4c6b03
  3. how to change dob of child account in family group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change dob of child account in family group: i am not able to change dob of my child account added in a family group as an family organiser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-dob-of-child-account-in-family-group/094006b7-d339-480c-8732-a99f2e4c6b03
  4. how to change dob of child account in family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Family Organizer cannot remove child from Family in Family Safety

Family Organizer cannot remove child from Family in Family Safety: Family Organizers cannot remove child from Family.Device screen time limits do not work.All troubleshooting has been followed.MS online chat support was not able to fix the problem.Tech support needed to fix problem....
  6. Family Organizer cannot remove child from Family in Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Organizer cannot remove child from Family in Family Safety: Family Organizers cannot remove child from Family.Device screen time limits do not work.All troubleshooting has been followed.MS online chat support was not able to fix the problem.Tech support needed to fix problem....
  7. Family Organizer cannot remove child from Family in Family Safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Change currency for child in family account

Change currency for child in family account: I am unable to add money to my child account in family group.My settings everithing in UK and in british £Same for first childBut the second child account wants me to add money in dollars even when address, region, language are all set UK.and when I click to add 10$ because...
  9. How can I change Family account from Organizer to Member?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How can I change Family account from Organizer to Member?: When Windows 365 was originally shared with my wife's computer it landed in her administrator account and that's where it continues to function. For security reasons, it should be in a user or Member account, but I can find no way to change it. I've tried to change her...
  10. Change Family Organizer and move Organizer to kid account

Change Family Organizer and move Organizer to kid account: When I set up my kids Xbox I used my gmail account. That account has now been taken over by my son. I now need to change the account organizer from the gmail account to my other email, and then make that gmail my kids account so he doesn't lose his status and everything we...