Windows 10: how to change from TLS 1.1 to 1.2

Discus and support how to change from TLS 1.1 to 1.2 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, i have .net application written in .net 4.0 and have win 2008 R2 server. need to change from TLS from 1.1 to 1.2. how can i change? do i need... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Yogisetty, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Yogisetty Win User

how to change from TLS 1.1 to 1.2

Hi,

i have .net application written in .net 4.0 and have win 2008 R2 server.

need to change from TLS from 1.1 to 1.2.

how can i change?

do i need to change the .net framework to 4.5 to support TLS 1.2 or do i need to change anything on the win 2008R2 side?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

sorry if i choose the wrong community for asking question.

its very urgent.

Regards,

Yogi

:)

Yogisetty, Oct 25, 2018
  2. DoItJust Win User

DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?

Page 1-23 in the manual;

1. (2) Supports two (2) modules inserted into either the red slots or the black slots as onepair of Dual-channel memory con guration. We suggest that you install the modulesinto slots A2 and B2 for better compatibility.

DoItJust, Oct 25, 2018
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Oct 25, 2018
  4. sahil_7 Win User

Anna update 1/2 and 2/2 fail

I tried various options to no avail. Finally, did a factory reset with erase all data option. Selecting Anna 1/2 and Ovi Store update before other options did the trick on my N8.

The changes in the updates are awesome how to change from TLS 1.1 to 1.2 :)!!

@Rollindice - unfortunately, the steps in that link are not working for everyone :-|. I tried both solutions listed on that page.

sahil_7, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

1. how to change from TLS 1.1 to 1.2 - Similar Threads - change TLS

2. My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back: My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-turned-light-red-when-i-opened-my/3469dd82-7608-4a83-9420-5006e950151d
  3. My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back: My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-turned-light-red-when-i-opened-my/3469dd82-7608-4a83-9420-5006e950151d
  4. My screen turned light red when I opened my computer how do I change it back

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Crash/Malfunction of Laptop Display; Cannot change brightness of screen, change refresh...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash/Malfunction of Laptop Display; Cannot change brightness of screen, change refresh...: My "Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 15ACH6" laptop is malfunctioning, I seem to have encountered a crash of some display system. I was using Steam a videogame library and launcher when my screen went black and stopped responding. I powered down the computer, then powered it back up....
  6. Crash/Malfunction of Laptop Display; Cannot change brightness of screen, change refresh...

Crash/Malfunction of Laptop Display; Cannot change brightness of screen, change refresh...: My "Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 15ACH6" laptop is malfunctioning, I seem to have encountered a crash of some display system. I was using Steam a videogame library and launcher when my screen went black and stopped responding. I powered down the computer, then powered it back up....
  7. MS Paint - Enlarging or changing color of Resizing Dots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint - Enlarging or changing color of Resizing Dots: This has vexed me for 15 years.Is it possible to enlarge the resizing/cropping handle dots at the image edges in M.S. Paint the classic version in order to make them easier to see for someone who wears glasses.Something like changing a setting in the registry, or failing...
  8. MS Paint - Enlarging or changing color of Resizing Dots

MS Paint - Enlarging or changing color of Resizing Dots: This has vexed me for 15 years.Is it possible to enlarge the resizing/cropping handle dots at the image edges in M.S. Paint the classic version in order to make them easier to see for someone who wears glasses.Something like changing a setting in the registry, or failing...
  9. Why Windows 10 change communicate between TLS 1.0 and 1.2?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why Windows 10 change communicate between TLS 1.0 and 1.2?: Server is only enabled TLS 1.2. Clients are Windows 10 that it enable TLS 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2. I saw in a log firewall that clients failed to access website when sent the request TLS 1.0 to server and succeeded by TLS 1.2. I don't understand why client doesn't send TLS 1.2...
  10. TLS changes

in Browsers and Email
    TLS changes: Got this in a newsletter a bit ago: Browsers to block access to HTTPS sites using TLS 1.0 and 1.1 starting this month | ZDNet 151710

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to change from TLS 1.1 to TLS 1.2