Windows 10: How to change from two-finger scrolling back to one-finger scrolling?

Discus and support How to change from two-finger scrolling back to one-finger scrolling? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This morning, I decided to make the jump to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, and I have to say, the design looks simpler to use, but this new OS software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Takitae, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Takitae Win User

How to change from two-finger scrolling back to one-finger scrolling?

This morning, I decided to make the jump to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, and I have to say, the design looks simpler to use, but this new OS software has done something with my touchpad. Originally, on my Windows 8.1, I was able to scroll through whatever web pages or folders in my computer with one finger using my touchpad. With this new update, initially, I thought it broke my touchpad completely, but the problem has been narrowed down to having to now use two fingers to scroll in the most awkward way as this touchpad doesn't seemed to be designed for two finger scrolling. Is there a way for me to change this back? Would I have to revert back to Windows 8.1 to get my one finger scrolling back?

The laptop I am using is a Gateway NE56R34u, and the touchpad is an ELAN. Any and all help would be much appreciated.

:)

Takitae, Aug 24, 2015
  2. LisaLAM:) Win User

Toshiba Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10 scrolling issues

I have upgraded from the Window 7 to the Windows 10.

* Before, I was able to scroll on my touchpad with one finger, and now I can still scroll up/down, but I have to use two fingers to do so.

* Help, I want the one finger scrolling to come back, and so how do I do that.

*I went to the control panel and found the two finger scrolling, but nothing for the one finger scrolling. Is this not available anymore?

Hopefully, this can be easily fixed.

Thank you for your help in advance! How to change from two-finger scrolling back to one-finger scrolling? :)

LisaLAM:), Aug 24, 2015
  3. How to activate one finger scroll Asus

Hello - that didn't work....unchecking the TWO finger scroll - does just that - disables TWO FINGER SCROLL.....what I am looking for is a ONE finger scroll on my touchpad - which is what I had in windows 7 and 8..... I know I am not alone in wanting this....google
    one finger scroll/windows 10 and see....does ANYONE know how to get ONE finger scrolling??? Thanks How to change from two-finger scrolling back to one-finger scrolling? :)

DoogerPopper, Aug 24, 2015
  4. me75006 Win User

Would Gateway drivers for their touchpad be one area to explore ?

I was looking at a Logitech touchpad, and it appears their drivers are what controls the response/numbers of fingers/digits.

me75006, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

1. How to change from two-finger scrolling back to one-finger scrolling? - Similar Threads - change finger scrolling

2. scrolling with two fingers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scrolling with two fingers: Hello, My laptop is having an issue, the two finger scroll doesn't work. I really can't work without it. It doesn't show any settings to turn it on as well. I need it asap....
  3. scrolling with two fingers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scrolling with two fingers: Hello, My laptop is having an issue, the two finger scroll doesn't work. I really can't work without it. It doesn't show any settings to turn it on as well. I need it asap....
  4. scrolling with two fingers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No two finger scroll

in Windows 10 Customization
    No two finger scroll: After installing Windows 10 Home on my laptop after getting it back from a computer repairman, I do not have the options or the choice to select two finger scroll. Why do I not have the option to use two finger scroll? My laptop doesn't have the original factory motherboard...
  6. two finger scroll

two finger scroll: Hi I'm having trouble trying to fix my scrolling but the setting people tell me to use I don't have them. The two finger scroll settings is supposed to be in touchpad setting but it's not[ATTACH]...
  7. Two Finger Scrolling.

Two Finger Scrolling.: Two finger scrolling option didn't show in my windows10. Please help me. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-finger-scrolling/1890bdac-a9a6-4680-925f-4d059f0aaaa0
  8. One-finger scrolling

One-finger scrolling: I'm sorry for my question, I'm just tired of it. Who decided that two-finger scrolling would be ok for all human beings on the planet? I receive again and again emails from various laptop manufacturers that new laptops do not have a touchpad setting "one-finger scrolling". I...
  9. Chiral scrolling and one finger scrolling

Chiral scrolling and one finger scrolling: Why was this changed in Windows 10? I rely on these features and now they no longer exist! WHY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chiral-scrolling-and-one-finger-scrolling/2a23b984-124b-466b-a27d-1adfb90c995f
  10. Two finger scrolling

Two finger scrolling: Ok so my two finger scrolling is somehow disabled on this new laptop I got. It was used before but idk how it got disabled...please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/two-finger-scrolling/acee641a-42b3-4e8d-99c4-5d2a3ae91cd0