Windows 10: how to change from uefi to LEGACY BIOS on imac 2011 with windows 10?

Discus and support how to change from uefi to LEGACY BIOS on imac 2011 with windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have windows 10 on my mid 2011 imac 21.5" computer. Every driver is working perfectly except for the sound drivers. I am told that the reason for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thediamonddbz, Jan 12, 2020.

1. how to change from uefi to LEGACY BIOS on imac 2011 with windows 10?

I have windows 10 on my mid 2011 imac 21.5" computer. Every driver is working perfectly except for the sound drivers. I am told that the reason for this is because i downloaded windows through a efiboot, instead of a bios boot. I was wondering how i can change my boot from uefi to legacy bios on a gpt partition? It would be preferable to to not have to install and reinstall windows 10 but if there really is no other way I guess thats whats going to have to happen. i do not have a windows 10 disc as i got it through a bootable usb with the windows 10 iso on it. thank you for any and all help!

:)

Thediamonddbz, Jan 12, 2020

2. Convert Mid-2011 iMac from UEFI to Legacy BIOS.

Hello!

I have a mid-2011 iMac with which I am dual booting windows 10 and macOS high sierra. Since it is not compatible with bootcamp, I made a bootable usb drive and used that instead. This all worked very well except for that Windows does not recognize my sound
    card. I have tried to fix this for hours and hours, but eventually read that the iMac must be in legacy BIOS for this to work. Looking at some answers on the internet, every way to change the computer from UEFI to Legacy BIOS I found has confused me and would
    risk my hard drive getting wiped.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone had a relatively simple way to do this and could lay it out very clearly for me as I am not that knowledgeable with how all of these boot systems work.

I cannot put my Mac partition at risk but am willing to delete my Windows one and install Windows again if necessary.

Thank you so much for helping!

P.S. I am not sure whether I should have posted this on the Apple or Microsoft forums but hopefully this will work.

JasperJain, Jan 12, 2020
  3. dac81048 Win User
    Problem Regarding Bios Change from UEFI to Legacy

I have hp pavilion p045tx with windows 10 pro. I recently install Ubuntu with windows 10 so for that I convert my bios setting from UEFI to Legacy mode for install third party software like wireless Driver and all in Ubuntu.
    But after every restart the bios setting change to default and that is to UEFI mode and that will cause an problem of no OS detect. Every time I have to go to bios setting and enable the legacy mode to start my OS. Can anyone suggest me what to do in this
    case.

dac81048, Jan 12, 2020
  4. 72westy Win User

how to change from uefi to LEGACY BIOS on imac 2011 with windows 10?

Legacy to UEFI

I'm debating moving to UEFI form my now legacy BIOS (Award Software Int.) the mother board is a GA-Z68XP-UD3 rev1.0 on the the following link it shows a UEFI BIOS U1J )UEFI BIOS)

GA-Z68XP-UD3 (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

Currently I'm running the legacy F10 BIOS. Does installing the UEFI BIOS automatically take care of everything to get to the UEFI BIOS? Installing the UEFI BIOS following the instructions using the Q-flash method GIGABYTE How to Reflash Motherboard BIOS

What's steps do I take and in what order?

Much appreciated

72westy, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

how to change from uefi to LEGACY BIOS on imac 2011 with windows 10?

1. how to change from uefi to LEGACY BIOS on imac 2011 with windows 10? - Similar Threads - change uefi LEGACY

2. How to change Windows 10 from Legacy mode to UEFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Windows 10 from Legacy mode to UEFI: I want to install Windows 11, but can't do that since Windows isn't installed in UEFI mode, according to EVGA's Precision X1 and the PC Health app.I want to reinstall Windows in UEFI mode without data loss, so I looked at this article linked below. Could someone inform me if...
  3. How to change Windows 10 from Legacy mode to UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change Windows 10 from Legacy mode to UEFI: I want to install Windows 11, but can't do that since Windows isn't installed in UEFI mode, according to EVGA's Precision X1 and the PC Health app.I want to reinstall Windows in UEFI mode without data loss, so I looked at this article linked below. Could someone inform me if...
  4. UEFI settings. I change Bios from Legacy & UEFI to UEFI only but it reboots back to bios...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI settings. I change Bios from Legacy & UEFI to UEFI only but it reboots back to bios...: As shown above the Bios does not want to take the change. I also did UEFI on all the rest like network etc but again Bios did not take the change so everything back to legacy and all works fine. But I need to change to UEFI to get Win 11. I changed to TMP with no problems...
  5. UEFI settings. I change Bios from Legacy & UEFI to UEFI only but it reboots back to bios...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UEFI settings. I change Bios from Legacy & UEFI to UEFI only but it reboots back to bios...: As shown above the Bios does not want to take the change. I also did UEFI on all the rest like network etc but again Bios did not take the change so everything back to legacy and all works fine. But I need to change to UEFI to get Win 11. I changed to TMP with no problems...
  6. Changing from LEGACY BIOS to UEFI BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing from LEGACY BIOS to UEFI BIOS: Hello,First time posting here. I want to change from LEGACY to UEFI, I'm thinking:Will the computer be able to boot?I use it regularly, and I hope it works after this changover!I am not a computer geek. But I do know how to get into BIOS.Thanks...
  7. Changing From UEFI To Legacy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Changing From UEFI To Legacy: Hi Chaps, Anyone know how to change from UEFI To Legacy On My PC? (Check My PC) Thanks, - - - Updated - - - [QUOTE=;2103864]Hi Chaps, Anyone know how to change from UEFI To Legacy On My PC? (Check My PC)(First One) Thanks, 170159
  8. how to change legacy to uefi

how to change legacy to uefi: I want to change my bios legacy to uefi bc my bios and old my laptop info: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name BERNARD-LAPTOP System Manufacturer Acer System...
  9. Convert Mid-2011 iMac from UEFI to Legacy BIOS.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Convert Mid-2011 iMac from UEFI to Legacy BIOS.: Hello! I have a mid-2011 iMac with which I am dual booting windows 10 and macOS high sierra. Since it is not compatible with bootcamp, I made a bootable usb drive and used that instead. This all worked very well except for that Windows does not recognize my sound card. I...
  10. Changing from Legacy Bios to UEFI, settings in bios and Windows 10

Changing from Legacy Bios to UEFI, settings in bios and Windows 10: I used the Windows converting program MBR2GPT.exe to convert my SSD to GPT and it reported it had done it. I then rebooted and entered the bios and changed one setting from Legacy ROM to EFI Compatible ROM and another setting called 'UEFI Boot' from Disabled to Enabled and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install windows on mac 2011 with legacy

2. how to chage bios mode to legacy macbook

3. change uefi to bios bootcamp

4. change boios from uefi to legacy imac ,
  5. imac 2011 uefi,
  6. How do I change my bios from legacy to UEFI?,
  7. legacy bios boot macbook,
  8. legacy bios imac 2011,
  9. can i change bios mode on macbook uefi to legacy,
  10. how to change bootcamp windows bios mode to mac compatible,
  11. how to change bios to legacy mode imac,