Windows 10: How to change from windows basic driver to nvidia driver?

Discus and support How to change from windows basic driver to nvidia driver? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, my screen had lots of artifacts so I decided to reinstall my graphics driver, however I messed up, and when I go to device manager I don't see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anonymous&dFarsgLo, Mar 27, 2021.

1. How to change from windows basic driver to nvidia driver?

Hello, my screen had lots of artifacts so I decided to reinstall my graphics driver, however I messed up, and when I go to device manager I don't see any display adapters tab, but in my system properties it says I have a windows basic driver, so whenever I try to download an nvidia graphics card it says it is not compatible even though my chip is nvidia, I do not know what to do, I cannot run lots of games and some hues are messed up can anyone help?

:)

Anonymous&dFarsgLo, Mar 27, 2021
  2. Apsy Win User

NVIDIA DRIVER 307.83

The issue still the same.

I went to NVIDIA Web site and they suggested to download a new driver

GE force 353.62. I was able to downloaded but was not able to install it due to:

"NVIDIA Installer cannot continue this graphic driver could not find compatible graphic hardware"

I don't know what to do anymore

Any other suggestion?

3. Windows 10 Nvidia Driver

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps:

Method 1 uninstall the
    Nvidia drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: uninstall the Nvidia Driver drivers.

a. Press Windows + X, Click Device
    Manager.

b. Expand Display Adapters.

c. Check if the name of the graphic card is the list.

d. Right click on it and click uninstall.

e. Once you uninstall the drivers it will prompt to restart the computer, do not restart the computer.

f. It will take default drivers in the computer.

Step 2: Reinstall the drivers.

Please download the drivers from the computer Manufacturer’s website and reinstall the drivers.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 27, 2021
  4. M0nk3y_ Win User

How to change from windows basic driver to nvidia driver?

Can't change Microsoft Basic Display Driver to my Nvidia

Hey everyone, so for the past 3 hours i've been trying to fix the issue stated in the title. I recently did a system restore and Microsoft changed my display driver to Microsoft Basic Display and I
    don't know how to change it. I've tried updating in windows because it shows the Nvidia driver I need to update to but whenever I try to update it I get this error:

nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM2.0 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 - Error 0x80070017

I've also tried to install the drivers needed through GeForce experience but I get errors too..

I have a Nvidia Gefore 960 GTX.

Any help is much appreciated

M0nk3y_, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

How to change from windows basic driver to nvidia driver?

1. How to change from windows basic driver to nvidia driver? - Similar Threads - change basic driver

2. How to reinstall NVIDIA driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to reinstall NVIDIA driver?: I had a computer that had NVIDIA Display could run and play smoothly. One day my computer screen glitched and then for a short time computer screen is back but it's like stretched. I went to Device Manager and I ACCIDENTALLY deleted NVIDIA Graphics Card, then the screen...
  3. Nvidia driver

Nvidia driver: I need help getting nvidia graphics card but i can't find a compatible nvidia driver on my windows 10 build 1909 please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-driver/068fb55a-829b-4f84-970a-9685b9e5ea56
  4. Nvidia driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia driver: There are 2 types of drivers for nvidia graphics card, dch and standard. What are the difference ? I am confuse and which what should I use ? 166926
  5. nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    nvidia drivers: nvidia drivers not installing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-drivers/5af9a81e-c835-4a7c-a508-8427ade22dee
  6. Nvidia Driver

Nvidia Driver: Nvidia display driver problem[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-driver/84d9bcd2-a355-4024-9f1a-d8583b87b57f
  7. Windows basic driver

Windows basic driver: Hi i have a ASUSVivobooks14 S410UA I just brought it this year and didnt have any problems wIth it but recently its started to glith everytime i tried to log in after entering my passowrd as in going black and flickering i reaslied the problem was with my dispaly driver i...
  8. Nvidia Driver

Nvidia Driver: I'm a bit confused. I have the latest Nvidia driver installed but WU has come up today telling me to install Nvidia driver update for Nvidia High Definition Audio. At 264Mb I'm not sure if this is the video driver or for audio. I don't use their audio anyway as I have a good...
  9. Can't change Microsoft Basic Display Driver to my Nvidia

Can't change Microsoft Basic Display Driver to my Nvidia: Hey everyone, so for the past 3 hours i've been trying to fix the issue stated in the title. I recently did a system restore and Microsoft changed my display driver to Microsoft Basic Display and I don't know how to change it. I've tried updating in windows because it shows...
  10. How to prevent Nvidia drivers from reinstalling?

How to prevent Nvidia drivers from reinstalling?: Hello, In a previous thread, I described a problem I had where my USB mouse and keyboard would freeze frequently. I could not unfreeze a USB port, but mouse and keyboard would work if I changed ports. It was suggested that I completely uninstall all Nvidia drivers and...