Windows 10: how to change function keys?

Discus and support how to change function keys? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just bought a new asus laptop and would like to change how the function keys work. I don't wanna have to press Fn+ f11 to increase the sound. I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by W.C. Blitzy, Jun 17, 2019.

1. how to change function keys?

I just bought a new asus laptop and would like to change how the function keys work. I don't wanna have to press Fn+ f11 to increase the sound. I want to just press f11.

How do I go about this?

:)

W.C. Blitzy, Jun 17, 2019

2. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jun 17, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    how to change the Function key settings

Hi,

Thank you for replying back with the status of this issue.

I would suggest you to refer to the following suggestions provided by Try 3 replied on February 15, 2015 and check if it helps.

How do I change the Function Key settings?

How do I change the Function Key settings?

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 17, 2019
  4. how to change function keys?

The function "Change language bar hot keys " has a bug.

Hi Chen,

We would like to know more about your concern. Kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Were the hotkeys settings on your Windows 10 computer ever worked before?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you reconfigure your hotkeys settings by setting your key sequence to Not Assigned. To do this refer to the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Language > Advanced Settings.
    • Under Switching input methods, select Change language bar hot keys.
    • Select Between input languages, and then click Change Key Sequence.
    • Set Switch Keyboard Layout to Not Assigned.
    • Restart your computer.
    Once you're done with the process, you may then proceed to reconfigure your language bar hot keys to your desired settings. You may follow the steps above and select your preferred keyboard layout.

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Monica Cam, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

how to change function keys?

1. how to change function keys? - Similar Threads - change function keys

2. How to change function to quick acces key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change function to quick acces key?: Hi. I bought a new notebook and over the Function Keys F1, F2, F3, etc it has a couple of great quickaccess such as raising or lowering the volume and brightness, etc. The thing is, one of the most important ones is pause/play media and is not here. I want to change the F7...
  3. How to change function to quick acces key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change function to quick acces key?: Hi. I bought a new notebook and over the Function Keys F1, F2, F3, etc it has a couple of great quickaccess such as raising or lowering the volume and brightness, etc. The thing is, one of the most important ones is pause/play media and is not here. I want to change the F7...
  4. Function keys changing again and again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Function keys changing again and again: Hey,I have an annoying problem: often times, my function keys will start moving around. In my laptop, a combination of Fn+right arrow should be the equivallent of "End" on a classic keyboard. However, often times this stops working, and instead "Delete" starts acting like...
  5. Keys randomly change functions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keys randomly change functions: The keys on my laptop randomly start doing different things. It's kind of like a shortcut I guess? I tried to press 'T' to talk in a game, but it just put the game in windowed mode and brought up the taskbar. I restarted my laptop and it's working again, but it will most...
  6. Change function keys?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change function keys?: What would be the best way about doing this? I want to change my function keys so when I press F1 it would register as windows+G to open game bar or F2 for game bar to take a screen shot or F3 to record video. I do use some function keys but other then F11 I never use these...
  7. Changing Key Function on HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Key Function on HP Laptop: Somehow (%!**) the key for the @ sign on my HP laptop has shifted from the correct location to another key. Can anyong help me get it back to where it should be (i.e. on the '2' key? Thanks...
  8. Changing functions on keys on mouses

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing functions on keys on mouses: I have recently bought a Logitech pro mouse with 3 buttons in the thumb area. I am trying to use these to improve my gaming skills in different games. But one of the button are preset to open a recent window that has been opened.(EX: I'm on Fortnite I click this button and it...
  9. How do I change the function key setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I change the function key setting: How do I change the function keys on my HP Envy Laptop - Windows 10, so that I do not have to hit fn key each time I wish to use the F2, F3, or F4...functions. Currently, the keyboard is setup to adjust brightness, volume, sound etc. Any suggestions would be helpful....
  10. How to change Function/Action keys default?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Function/Action keys default?: Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer has developed a little glitch where every time I turn it on it switches the function keys to default, instead of the special action keys. I've tried switching it in settings but it does nothing. I've tried switching it in the Bios...