Windows 10: How to change gliding cursor behavior in Windows 10 Mail (Outlook)?

Discus and support How to change gliding cursor behavior in Windows 10 Mail (Outlook)? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Mail has been working great for me. However, there is a preference issue with the typing cursor that I would like to change. In most programs,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NotQuiteAmish, Jun 21, 2019.

1. How to change gliding cursor behavior in Windows 10 Mail (Outlook)?

Hello,

Mail has been working great for me. However, there is a preference issue with the typing cursor that I would like to change. In most programs, such as Google Chrome or the File Manager, when you type a key on your keyboard, the blinking cursor automatically snaps straight to the space right after the newly typed character. This is the desired style.

However, in Mail (Outlook?) for Windows 10, when you type a character the blinking cursor glides to the space after the character you just typed. It's a minor thing, but I find this really distracting and unresponsive.

Is there any way to turn off the "gliding typing cursor" effect in Mail?

Thanks

--------------------------------------------

Windows 10

Mail (Outlook) ver. 16005.11629.20174.0

:)

NotQuiteAmish, Jun 21, 2019
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Jun 21, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Jun 21, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

How to change gliding cursor behavior in Windows 10 Mail (Outlook)?

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This was going to be my suggestion as well. I just wasn't sure if it worked with XP. It is definitely way better than Outlook Express, and I actually prefer it to regular Outlook as well.

newtekie1, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

How to change gliding cursor behavior in Windows 10 Mail (Outlook)?

1. How to change gliding cursor behavior in Windows 10 Mail (Outlook)? - Similar Threads - change gliding cursor

2. Changing cursor behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing cursor behavior: Does someone have any ideas how to make windows to move cursor to end of line with down arrow if no lines are below, like in macOS? Without using another shortcuts or buttons. submitted by /u/Windows-1251 [link] [comments]...
  3. Recent Windows 10 taskbar behavior change for Outlook late Sept 2020

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent Windows 10 taskbar behavior change for Outlook late Sept 2020: 2020-09-22 My Outlook 365 taskbar behavior has changed in the last couple of days. It no longer shows that it Outlook is open when minimized to the taskbar. As I always keep mail and calendar tasks open but normally minimized this is very inconvenient. I can no longer...
  4. Erratic behavior, especially the cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Erratic behavior, especially the cursor: I have an older Toshiba Satellite Laptop. It has Windows 10 Home. Intel core i5-4210U, 6 GB RAM, 750GB HD. Internet is via Wi-Fi. About 2 weeks ago, half of the key board stopped working... I have a mini keyboard so I plugged that it and was able to use. A few days ago,...
  5. Outlook and Windows 10 Mail

Outlook and Windows 10 Mail: Can I use Windows 10 Mail and Outlook simultaneously on my computer? I am trying to help someone who uses only Windows 10 Mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-and-windows-10-mail/16eee4ad-f811-469a-bb9d-72a239abce06
  6. windows 10 mail - not outlook

windows 10 mail - not outlook: email in my subfolders are gone. how do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-not-outlook/1f412a20-e41f-44f9-a844-263f1705064d
  7. Outlook Mail/Windows 10 Mail

Outlook Mail/Windows 10 Mail: I have multiple email accounts. Two Outlook and two Chrome. I don't see any reference to including all email addresses in one location under each specific email address. What am I missing. Is there a purpose to making everything a "snipe hunt" to find your stuff?...
  8. Windows 10 Mail for Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail for Outlook: Is there a way I can view all messages without switching back and forth between Focused and Other. Do not like this "feature". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-for-outlook/dde7b44c-77b5-4443-83d6-c22da61a080e
  9. how do you change the default mail app from windows 10 mail to outlook?

how do you change the default mail app from windows 10 mail to outlook?: One of your answers is to change the default mail app from Windows 10 mail to outlook. No way to find out how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-default-mail-app-from/f7bcfcf6-b2d0-4e2a-a822-018d8cc57dfc
  10. Windows 10 changes Outlook default behavior

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 changes Outlook default behavior: In upgrading from Windows 8 to Win10, it's changed a number of default settings which I can't figure out how to change. First, when I send a message in Outlook 2013, it returns me to the desktop instead of the Inbox. THis is incredibly annoying. Does anyone know how to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cursor behavior in windows 10

2. registry gliding cursor behavior

3. change cursor in windows 10 outlook