Windows 10: How to Change Hardware Reserved Memory

Discus and support How to Change Hardware Reserved Memory in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I currently have 12gb of RAM installed on my PC but exactly 8.0gb is reserved for hardware. I have looked around online and have found 3 solutions all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AllOfTheNamesAreTaken, Jul 2, 2022.

1. How to Change Hardware Reserved Memory

I currently have 12gb of RAM installed on my PC but exactly 8.0gb is reserved for hardware. I have looked around online and have found 3 solutions all of which failed to yield any successful results, these results being: editing registry edit, changing msconfig advanced boot options and switching RAM stick slots. I used to only 10gb hardware reserved but after changing UAF settings in BIOS to "Auto" the reserved amount changed to 8. I swear I have looked everywhere and even managed to nearly brick my computer in the process. Any sort of research online always leads back to "Modify msconfig adv

:)

AllOfTheNamesAreTaken, Jul 2, 2022

2. Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB

In the opening post it displayed:

""my hardware reserved memory remains 298MB, I want to change this to 2GB""

There was no explanation of why you want to increase hardware reserved memory.

Please explain what you are trying to accomplish.

In all cases end users complain that they are no getting the maximum use out of their installed RAM and want to decrease the hardware reserved RAM.

Again please explain why you want to increase it.

questions_, Jul 2, 2022
  3. Anna Bon Win User
    Hardware reserved memory

Got that Nikola. The error you are getting which is the "hardware reserved" is almost related to BIOS. Since the previous steps did not work, let us check if the steps below will make any difference on the issue:

1. Delete some files that you are no longer using.

2. Re-instate the old BIOS. If it is still not working, install the newer BIOS instead.

3. Check possible issues with the physical RAM. Check whether you have bad memory modules and if standoff cards are used. Make sure that the memory arrangement is correct.

Let us know if there's any changes.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Jul 2, 2022
  4. Jay Jap Win User

How to Change Hardware Reserved Memory

What is Hardware Reserved memory and can it be changed?

Hello John,

The Hardware Reserve is a memory that is reserved for use by the BIOS and some drivers for other peripherals. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you update your BIOS to isolate/fix the issue. We would also suggest that you
    reach out to the manufacturer of your computer to get assistance on how to update your BIOS.

For further queries, feel free to post back.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jul 2, 2022
Thema:

How to Change Hardware Reserved Memory

1. How to Change Hardware Reserved Memory - Similar Threads - Change Hardware Reserved

2. Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB: Hello I open my laptop to check my ram sticks then when I put it back my 2gb reserve became 4gb so how do I change the 4gb to 2gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-hardware-reserved-memory-to-2gb/a8e6d6d2-be05-4a62-8d5f-2ae6d4a13882
  3. Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB: Hello I open my laptop to check my ram sticks then when I put it back my 2gb reserve became 4gb so how do I change the 4gb to 2gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-hardware-reserved-memory-to-2gb/a8e6d6d2-be05-4a62-8d5f-2ae6d4a13882
  4. Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Change Hardware Reserved Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Change Hardware Reserved Memory: I currently have 12gb of RAM installed on my PC but exactly 8.0gb is reserved for hardware. I have looked around online and have found 3 solutions all of which failed to yield any successful results, these results being: editing registry edit, changing msconfig advanced boot...
  6. How to Change Hardware Reserved Memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Change Hardware Reserved Memory: I currently have 12gb of RAM installed on my PC but exactly 8.0gb is reserved for hardware. I have looked around online and have found 3 solutions all of which failed to yield any successful results, these results being: editing registry edit, changing msconfig advanced boot...
  7. Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB: Hello I just installed a RAM module on my laptop, but my hardware reserved memory remains 298MB, I want to change this to 2GB, I found out how to change this but I am not sure to what value I am supposed to enter as I don't know what unit it is. Could someone please tell me...
  8. Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB: Hello I just installed a RAM module on my laptop, but my hardware reserved memory remains 298MB, I want to change this to 2GB, I found out how to change this but I am not sure to what value I am supposed to enter as I don't know what unit it is. Could someone please tell me...
  9. Change Hardware reserved memory to 2GB

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. "hardware reserved" memory.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "hardware reserved" memory.: Recently booted up my pc after a bios reset (computer blue screened) and I noticed a lack in performance compare to my computer's normal speed. Looked in task manager and it is classing 8gb of my 16 that's installed as "hardware reserved". I'd like to know why this is, what I...