Windows 10: How to change hover action and still keep single-click behavior

Discus and support How to change hover action and still keep single-click behavior in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In folder options, I have selected "Single click to open an item". I want to keep this feature, but it has an unintended consequence. When saving a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by garringtonZX, Jan 16, 2019.

1. How to change hover action and still keep single-click behavior

In folder options, I have selected "Single click to open an item". I want to keep this feature, but it has an unintended consequence. When saving a new file (such as a download), if I hover for an instant over another file name in the same folder, Win 10 selects that file's name for the file I'm getting ready to save. This has caused me to unintentionally overwrite several valuable files. Can these functions be separated?

:)

garringtonZX, Jan 16, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 16, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Change system language on a single language licence

Yes it is possible to change the language on Windows 10 Single Language

Click the link below for a step by step on how to do that. That page also lists all the links for the different language packs:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31698742/ho...

DaveM121, Jan 16, 2019
  4. csatennis Win User

How to change hover action and still keep single-click behavior

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

How to change hover action and still keep single-click behavior

1. How to change hover action and still keep single-click behavior - Similar Threads - change hover action

2. Single Click Setting not Staying on Single Click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Single Click Setting not Staying on Single Click: Have a Windows 10 Pro laptop, all updates are current. I set my system to single click on for mouse. Restart the system and it goes back to double click settings. Have tried several times now and it keeps happening. This is a fresh installation of W10 in last couple weeks....
  3. Single click hover time edit in registry DWORD, Please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Single click hover time edit in registry DWORD, Please help: I love single click to open. However, hover time is actually slower than me double-clicking on icon to open. I adjusted this setting so far and no change. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse (DWORD) MouseHoverTime = <ms> Any other settign Im missing? I want it to...
  4. Mouse Issues - Double Click Action on Single Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Issues - Double Click Action on Single Click: Win 10 Pro Workstation Intel Xeon, 16Gb, 2x500Gb SSD - Computer 2 months old. - All updates and patches via Windows and Dell Support Assistant When I single click on a menu button, radio button, menu item, or check box it acts as if I've double clicked. So if its a...
  5. Remove "click by hovering".

Remove "click by hovering".: I've recently got a new PC with Windows 10 Home on it. There is this feature where if you leave the cursor hovering over something clickable for a few seconds it will automatically click it. I only use the touchpad not a mouse. I want to turn this feature off but I can't...
  6. How to disable hover to select while using 'single-click to open files (point to select)' ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable hover to select while using 'single-click to open files (point to select)' ?: I use single-click on dolphin in KDE but on Windows 10 it also enables some sort of hover to select (I prefer CTRL) How do I disable it? I also checked if the setting was enabled in Control Panel Items\Ease of Access Center\Make the mouse easier to use it wasn't. submitted...
  7. Mouse is still laggy when hovering or wanting to click on something...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse is still laggy when hovering or wanting to click on something...: So, I successfully had the SSD installed and the computer is running much faster. Only now, my mouse is still has lag and it also feels slow to respond at times. What can I do to fix this mouse? 139387
  8. Mouse is still laggy when hovering or wanting to click on something...

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse is still laggy when hovering or wanting to click on something...: So, I successfully had the SSD installed and the computer is running much faster. Only now, my mouse is still has lag and it also feels slow to respond at times. What can I do to fix this mouse? 139387
  9. How do I change to single click?

How do I change to single click?: I have windows 10. I have to double click everything. How do I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-to-single-click/09291246-2602-444c-b96d-9e94acc71b63
  10. single click

single click: I am trying to change my settings on Microsoft 10 to be able to not have to double-click, but single click only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/single-click/b893ac61-55a1-4c3e-8d2d-6c2e3bd3bc09