Windows 10: How to change identity verification method for purchases

Discus and support How to change identity verification method for purchases in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I'm wondering how to change identity verification method from pin to password when making purchases. For example, I have two windows 10 PCs:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SrdjanMax, Sep 6, 2019.

1. SrdjanMax Win User

How to change identity verification method for purchases

Hello,

I'm wondering how to change identity verification method from pin to password when making purchases.

For example, I have two windows 10 PCs:

On one PC when I want to make a Roblox purchase I get asked to enter my password to complete the purchase. I'm paying with my paypal which is linked with my Microsoft account.

However, if I want to do the same purchase on my other PC, I just get asked for my pin to complete the purchase. It is the same pin I use to log in to my account when I turn on the PC. I do not like this because my kids also know my pin (they use it to log in and play games). How can I change this to something else such as a password. I still want to use my pin to log in to my PC/account. I just want to use a different identity verification method for purchases.

Thank you,

SM

:)

SrdjanMax, Sep 6, 2019
  2. Satya42 Win User

Regarding the Verification of the Identity- while requesting for a change in the Password

Whenever I want to change the Password , I run into some problem. And that is regarding
    the Verification of the Identity. A Microsoft Window drops down saying
    Verify your identity and below that two options appear .(i) Phone Call & (ii) Phone text

My problem is that recently we have changed our Home Phone and as such we cannot verify with the old phone number (which we remember)because we are not in a position to receive the Call or the Text from our old Phone Number.As such we can neither change
    the Security question nor can change the Password as we cannot verify the OLD PHONE NUMBER. And I hesitate to put in the old telephone number which in the absence of the verification would lead to a TOTAL BLOCK OUT OF OUR EMAIL ACCOUNT.

Kindly advise how to solve this problem or how to include the new telephone number etc. FOR THE VERIFICATION OF THE IDENTITY.

Besides this why should Microsoft ask for "Adding a Window Phone" why not any other phone please.

Satya42, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Brink, Sep 6, 2019
  4. How to change identity verification method for purchases

Microsoft Account Trusted Devices & Identity Verification Apps

This may be an extremely dumb question, bear with me. Apparently to access my Outlook mail from abroad I have to acquire a portable device either defined as 'trusted' or equipped with an Identity Verification App. My question is : can this be any device
    (Android, Apple, or Windows), or does it have to be a Windows device ? Can I purchase an Identity Verification App which MS will recognise from the Google App store ?

Thanks.

tic-toc(2), Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

How to change identity verification method for purchases

1. How to change identity verification method for purchases - Similar Threads - change identity verification

2. My verification method is a landline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My verification method is a landline: I have been bitlocked out of my laptop and can’t get the key because Microsoft doesn’t call landlines with a verification code anymore. I tried to add a new method but it takes 30 days so I recovered my account. Now I can’t add a new method because I have to wait an extra 30...
  3. My verification method is a landline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My verification method is a landline: I have been bitlocked out of my laptop and can’t get the key because Microsoft doesn’t call landlines with a verification code anymore. I tried to add a new method but it takes 30 days so I recovered my account. Now I can’t add a new method because I have to wait an extra 30...
  4. System identity verification failure

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    System identity verification failure: Greetings,Actually, someone tried to log in my account who i don't know and the security system of microsoft does his job by blocking the user who tried access my account. Then what happened was, i received an email and hours later, i was ask to verify my identity. That...
  5. Identity verification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Identity verification: I am attempting to request an identity verification code however I am continuously receiving a message stating "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later". How soon will this problem be rectified ?...
  6. Google increasing transparency with advertiser identity verification

in Windows 10 News
    Google increasing transparency with advertiser identity verification: We’re committed to giving our users transparency, choice and control when it comes to the ads they see on our platforms. That’s why we’ve long offered tools like Ad Settings which allows people to control how ads are personalized or even...
  7. How to change the monitor identities?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to change the monitor identities?: As the title says, I want to know how can I change my monitor's identities? I want the big monitor to be the number 1, and the small one to be number 2, if I made myself clear enough. Is there a way to do this? [img] 147758
  8. How to change Personal Vault verification method from email to pin after initial setup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change Personal Vault verification method from email to pin after initial setup: I just set up Personal Vault in One Drive. I did not see an option to use a pin. I currently enter my email address and receive a code to access. How can I change my verification method from email code to pin?...
  9. How to change verification method for Personal Vault? If at all possible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change verification method for Personal Vault? If at all possible: On Protect your OneDrive files in Personal Vault I read " We guide you through setting up your Personal Vault with a strong authentication method or a second step of identity verification, such as your fingerprint, face, PIN, or a code sent to you via email or SMS. "...
  10. How to change Monitor Identities?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Monitor Identities?!: I've been dealing with this issue for years and nobody has ever been able to confirm an answer. I am extremely disappointed that I am unable to change the identity of my monitors. The only TEMPORARY fix occurs when I uninstall my monitors, delete their registry keys, then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change verification method windows