Windows 10: How to change Image Thumbnail Size in Windows 11/10

Discus and support How to change Image Thumbnail Size in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]Do you want to change the thumbnail size of images on your Windows 11/10 PC? A thumbnail is basically a small graphical representation of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 26, 2023.

1. WinClub New Member

How to change Image Thumbnail Size in Windows 11/10

How to change Image Thumbnail Size in Windows 11/10 [​IMG]
    Do you want to change the thumbnail size of images on your Windows 11/10 PC? A thumbnail is basically a small graphical representation of a big-size photo or video. While exploring your photos on a computer, the thumbnail helps you identify the images you are actually looking for. You don’t have to manually search for […]

This article How to change Image Thumbnail Size in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 26, 2023

2. In Windows 10, how can I enlarge thumbnail size?

Even after selecting Extra large icons, the thumbnails are too small for me to discern the images. I completed the steps for:

1. Option 1: 'To Turn On Thumbnail Previews in File Explorer'.
    2. Changing Image Thumbnail Size per this Registry Hack Method.

But my thumbnails have not enlarged.

Greek - Area 51 Proposal, Apr 26, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 26, 2023
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Icon+Thumbnails Sizes Are Too Small and Unable to Change in Windows 10

Hi Ash,

It is possible that icons/thumbnails size was unable to change due to corrupted system components or corrupted registry. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Could you tell us if you've made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you tried to change the icons/thumbnails sizes?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Have you tried checking for updates?
    • Have you tried changing what you have set to its default?

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.
    How
    to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Apr 26, 2023
Thema:

1. How to change Image Thumbnail Size in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - change Image Thumbnail

2. How to change a single thumbnail size only, not all of them?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change a single thumbnail size only, not all of them?: I know about holding CTRL and using the mouse wheel, but that changes all of them. I’m trying to create a very important new to do list and want the icon to be a bit larger than the others near it (in this example, on desktop). Google searches don’t provide much, except...
  3. How to change the Windows 11 taskbar size

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Windows 11 taskbar size: The current development version of Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system has changed the taskbar and the provided customization options significantly. If you prefer a smaller taskbar size, you may have noticed that the option to use small taskbar buttons that exists in...
  4. How to change Taskbar size on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Taskbar size on Windows 11: [IMG]Windows 11 will be launched before the year-end, and although some features have been removed, several new ones have been added. Microsoft brings you a new task menu, widgets window, search field, and UI options with recently launched Windows 11 OS. Along with changes,...
  5. How to display image thumbnails in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to display image thumbnails in Windows 10?: OK I know this is an age-old question, but I've never been able to display any images since I bought my Surface Pro 4 new, I always get the image icon rather than the actual image. On the various desktops I have it's never been a problem. The image flashes briefly when I...
  6. How to make the thumbnails of the whatsapp images visible ? (Thumbnails of images in the...

How to make the thumbnails of the whatsapp images visible ? (Thumbnails of images in the...: [IMG] submitted by /u/FarPrune1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gbjhvu/how_to_make_the_thumbnails_of_the_whatsapp_images/
  7. Max File Explorer Thumbnail Image Size?

Max File Explorer Thumbnail Image Size?: [ATTACH] While set to \"Extra Large Icons\", the Thumbnail size remains the same as \"Large Icons\" while spacing simply grows I have performed the following: Did the obvious File Explorer->View Ribbon->Extra Large Icons but all it does is change the size of spacing...
  8. How to change default image size and resolution?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change default image size and resolution?: Whenever I save a pic e.g. I downloaded a 200kb pic from the internet, opened in powerpoint, edited it then right-clicked save as picture OR I downloaded a 200kb pic from the internet, edited it in the default photos app and then saved it, the image sizes are HUGE . 3 MB at a...
  9. Windows 10 and 768x768 thumbnail size?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 and 768x768 thumbnail size?: Hi Everyone, I'm not sure if this is something coming to windows 10 or if its there but not available on my system. I was under the impression with windows 10 came the extra extra large icon sizes (512 and 768) to better support higher resolution displays. I have a 980ti...
  10. Change Size of Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Size of Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10: How to: Change Size of Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10 How to Change the Size of Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you...