Windows 10: How to change individual file icon in Windows 10

Discus and support How to change individual file icon in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; An icon has attached itself to an MP4 file that I created and it bears no relationship to what the file is about and I want to remove it. Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MyDayIsGood_777, Mar 16, 2020.

1. How to change individual file icon in Windows 10

An icon has attached itself to an MP4 file that I created and it bears no relationship to what the file is about and I want to remove it.

Windows 7 had an option to change the file icon, but windows 10 doesn't.

Most of the searches online relate to windows 7 or to change icons for a file type - I don't want that.

One file in windows 10.

Should be simple and it was in 7.

:)

MyDayIsGood_777, Mar 16, 2020

2. How can I customize individual folder icons in Windows 10?

Hi Laurie,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with changing folder icons on Windows 10.

We can change the individual folder icons by following steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Folder.

2. Then click on Properties.

3. Click on Shortcut tab.

4. Then click on Change icon.

5. Select the different icon from the list or browse the icons.

Please get back to us with an update on customizing issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Mar 16, 2020
  4. lx07 Win User

How to change individual file icon in Windows 10

Custom icons for individual files

Well, you could change the icon for all .docx to a picture of a telephone or whatever (Change a File Types Icon in Windows 7) but not individually afaik, no.

Thema:

How to change individual file icon in Windows 10

1. How to change individual file icon in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - change individual file

2. How to change file icons? Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change file icons? Win10: [read the title]I've found how to change folder, shortcut, driver ... icons.Still nothing on changing file icons except of course changing the default app e.g.: Word for .docx.If I were to create a game onto an .exe file, how might I change its icon like on Steam games?Thanks...
  3. how to change the icon of an mp4 file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to change the icon of an mp4 file?: im trying to make something but i want to change the thumbnail of the file but i dont know how submitted by /u/alliumCepa857 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0llxf/how_to_change_the_icon_of_an_mp4_file/
  4. Change hidden files/folders attribute for individual files or folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change hidden files/folders attribute for individual files or folders: Ref previous article at: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/cannot-change-view-hidden-files-for-a-specific/d362a9a3-07cd-47af-8e97-6ae4a124c29a Issue: The folder attribute "show hidden files and folders" in the folder view options is,...
  5. Assign individual app for individual .url files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Assign individual app for individual .url files: I'm starting to seriously question the intelligence of the people who design windows 10, but anyway. I've been doing some looking, and it seems you can't set an individual .url file to launch with an individual program. As far as I can tell, you can only set GLOBAL default...
  6. Icons as individual entities on the taskbar in Windows 10

Icons as individual entities on the taskbar in Windows 10: How can I make each window on the taskbar show as an individual entity (like it used to do automatically) rather than, for example, multiple browser windows are hiding in one icon. Other programs also group up like this. In addition I can find no way to remove my user name...
  7. Icons as individual entities on the taskbar in Windows 10

Icons as individual entities on the taskbar in Windows 10: How can I make each window on the taskbar show as an individual entity (like it used to do automatically) rather than, for example, multiple browser windows are hiding in one icon. Other programs also group up like this. In addition I can find no way to remove my user name...
  8. Icons as individual entities on the taskbar in Windows 10

9. How to change file icons on desktop

How to change file icons on desktop: If a file is saved on the desktop it is often not possible to change the icon associated with it. For example a pdf file usually has an Adobe Acrobat Reader icon which cannot be changed. However it is possible to change the icon if the file is saved elsewhere, for example in...
  10. Custom icons for individual files

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom icons for individual files: How can I change the icon for an individual file? For example, I have a phonelist.docx Word file on my desktop and would like to change the icon from the default Word icon to a telephone icon. How can that be done? 33083