Windows 10: How to change install location of windows 10 apps?

Discus and support How to change install location of windows 10 apps? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys, I can only save it to 1 place which is D:\ but I want to save it in D:\Program Files (x86). Every time I move the folder or rename it, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PerterPan, Nov 15, 2018.

1. PerterPan Win User

How to change install location of windows 10 apps?

Hi guys,

I can only save it to 1 place which is D:\ but I want to save it in D:\Program Files (x86). Every time I move the folder or rename it, it makes another. Is there a way around this?

Help me asap....

:)

PerterPan, Nov 15, 2018
  2. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

How to change install location of windows 10 apps? [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

3. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Nov 15, 2018
  4. How to change install location of windows 10 apps?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

How to change install location of windows 10 apps?

1. How to change install location of windows 10 apps? - Similar Threads - change install location

2. Change install location on Windows 10 Media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change install location on Windows 10 Media: I was trying to dual boot both Windows 11 C: and Windows 10 F:When i came in the installer, there was NO option to change the install drive location.May i ask where is it?...
  3. Change install location on Windows 10 Media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change install location on Windows 10 Media: I was trying to dual boot both Windows 11 C: and Windows 10 F:When i came in the installer, there was NO option to change the install drive location.May i ask where is it?...
  4. In Windows 11 - How to change the location where microsoft store apps are installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11 - How to change the location where microsoft store apps are installed?: I foiund a 2021 similiar question but the solution seems not to work in the Windows 11 current version.Currently the microsoft app store by default install the app in the C:\Program Files\WiindowsApps folder. I would like to move this fiolder on another drive. How do we do...
  5. In Windows 11 - How to change the location where microsoft store apps are installed?

In Windows 11 - How to change the location where microsoft store apps are installed?: I foiund a 2021 similiar question but the solution seems not to work in the Windows 11 current version.Currently the microsoft app store by default install the app in the C:\Program Files\WiindowsApps folder. I would like to move this fiolder on another drive. How do we do...
  6. Will changing storage location for apps ruin the installation of apps already installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will changing storage location for apps ruin the installation of apps already installed?: I've just discovered the ability to change the location where files are saved:Settings > Storage > Advanced storage settings > Where new content is savedIn the section labeled "New apps will save to:", does this mean all apps going forward will go to the new location D:, and...
  7. Will changing storage location for apps ruin the installation of apps already installed?

Will changing storage location for apps ruin the installation of apps already installed?: I've just discovered the ability to change the location where files are saved:Settings > Storage > Advanced storage settings > Where new content is savedIn the section labeled "New apps will save to:", does this mean all apps going forward will go to the new location D:, and...
  8. Can't change install location for Microsoft Apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't change install location for Microsoft Apps: I have been trying to change the install location of my apps from my main ssd to a larger secondary drive but because of TrustedInstaller i don't have the permission to make this change. I have tried dozens of tutorials and suggestions online to rectify this but it still...
  9. About changing the install location for new windows apps.

About changing the install location for new windows apps.: There was a post I found and I linked to it in a microsoft support ticket, the post is now gone but I saved a cached version: " How to change install directory for xbox (beta) app gamepass on pc If you are like myself and use a modist sized drive for windows and use a larger...
  10. How to change default app installation location?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change default app installation location?: Please someone tell me how to change default app installation location. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-app-installation-location/c1cf08e2-1608-400a-a055-38938e1ca8da

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change the install location on pc