Windows 10: how to change .jar to java in choose defualt apps by file type

Discus and support how to change .jar to java in choose defualt apps by file type in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello i went to Settings, Apps, Default apps, then Scrolled down to Choose default apps by file type. then i Scrolled down to .jar and pressed on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Parker wand, Apr 10, 2021.

1. how to change .jar to java in choose defualt apps by file type

hello

i went to Settings, Apps, Default apps, then Scrolled down to Choose default apps by file type. then i Scrolled down to .jar and pressed on it to change it to java but java didn't appear as one of the apps, i checked and used every method and i have java downloaded, please help me

:)

Parker wand, Apr 10, 2021

2. Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.

Have you tried the second solution?

"Open the Settings app. Navigate to the System > Default apps.

Scroll all the way down and select Choose default apps by file type.

Locate the .jar file type and choose a default application.

This method offers limited options and you can only choose applications recognized by Windows 10. Fortunately, there’s another method that you can try. To change file associations, do the following:

Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu and choose Control Panel from the list.

When Control Panel opens, select Default Programs.

Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

Locate the .jar file on the list and double-click it.

A list of suggested applications will appear. Click on More apps.

Scroll all the way down and choose Look for another app on this PC.

Locate the javaw.exe file. By default, the application should be located in Program Files folder. Select the application and choose it as a default for .jar files.

Optional: Some users recommend changing the parameters of javaw.exe. To do that, simply locate the file and create its shortcut. Right-click it and navigate to the Properties. Now, locate the Target file and add -jar “%1” % . Be sure to select this newly created
    shortcut in Step 7.

You can also change file association by right clicking the jar file and choosing Open With > Choose another app. After doing that, follow the steps 5 to 8 from the above"

DouglasMillar69, Apr 10, 2021
  3. WildOne Win User
    Windows 10 reassociate .jar files to java

See if this will help:
    go to settings, System, default apps, choose default app by file type....see if you can set .jar file....

WildOne, Apr 10, 2021
  4. temp02 Win User

how to change .jar to java in choose defualt apps by file type

.java to .jar file

As a side note to Easy Rhinos comment, you can only jar .class files, meaning that you need to compile all the .java files and them jar the .class files resulting from the compilation. Example:
    Code: javac Test.java jar cf Teste.jar Test.class[/quote]

temp02, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

how to change .jar to java in choose defualt apps by file type

1. how to change .jar to java in choose defualt apps by file type - Similar Threads - change jar java

2. Can't find .jar files in "Choose default apps by file type"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find .jar files in "Choose default apps by file type": When I try to find the .jar extension so I can change its default app, it is literally not there. I've seen screenshots, and I do everything right, yet the .jar extension isn't even there for me....
  3. Can't find .jar files in "Choose default apps by file type"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find .jar files in "Choose default apps by file type": When I try to find the .jar extension so I can change its default app, it is literally not there. I've seen screenshots, and I do everything right, yet the .jar extension isn't even there for me....
  4. Can't find .jar files in "Choose default apps by file type"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Java / Jar files / "open with"

Java / Jar files / "open with": Every time I try to open a jar file it opens java and then later says java cannot install because of the program I am trying to delete. When I try to delete java "jre-8u341-windows-x64" it says the program is open in "jre-8u341-windows-x64" and does not allow me to delete it....
  6. Java / Jar files / "open with"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java / Jar files / "open with": Every time I try to open a jar file it opens java and then later says java cannot install because of the program I am trying to delete. When I try to delete java "jre-8u341-windows-x64" it says the program is open in "jre-8u341-windows-x64" and does not allow me to delete it....
  7. Java / Jar files / "open with"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. .jar file not working with java

.jar file not working with java: How do I open .jar files in a different, more simplified way and why won't my Java work as it should?My .jar file opens and closes as soon as I open it. I downloaded it for Minecraft, and every time I try and double click to open, rather nothing happens, or the Java's command...
  9. Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.: I like playing Minecraft, and I like to play with friends. So I tried to download the sever.jar file and it downloaded a download but, when I wnt to open this file it brought me to internet explorer manage download files page. It asked me if I wanted to save, open, or save...
  10. Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.: I like playing Minecraft, and I like to play with friends. So I tried to download the sever.jar file and it downloaded a download but, when I wnt to open this file it brought me to internet explorer manage download files page. It asked me if I wanted to save, open, or save...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Java jar setings apps

2. How to install default app for java