Windows 10: How to change keyboard shortcut for task view (Win-Tab by default)

Discus and support How to change keyboard shortcut for task view (Win-Tab by default) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello chaps, I love task view (the thing which happens when you Win-Tab). On previous versions of windows I used a 3rd party app to perform a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mcplums, Aug 26, 2015.

1. mcplums Win User

How to change keyboard shortcut for task view (Win-Tab by default)

Hello chaps,

I love task view (the thing which happens when you Win-Tab). On previous versions of windows I used a 3rd party app to perform a similar function, but now that it is baked into windows I'd like to use the official method.

The problem is that I have previously triggered it by a pressing a special key on my mouse- which triggers a specific keyboard shortcut. Now unfortunately I am unable to tell my mouse software to trigger Win-Tab when I press this key. I imagine this is because the Windows key is a special key which only the OS can recognise, not other programs- am I right in this?

Given this, the only way I can trigger task view via a mouse click is changing the required shortcut. Is this possible? Perhaps via the registry?

Thanks!

:)

mcplums, Aug 26, 2015

2. windows 10 task view change keyboard shortcuts

How do you change the keyboard shortcuts for the task view?

BlackPetey, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Excel windows 10

Select the keyboard shortcut Win+X, Control Panel (View by small icons), Region, Formats tab, Additional settings button, Currency tab. Make the changes and click
    Apply and OK.

Gerry C J Cornell, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

How to change keyboard shortcut for task view (Win-Tab by default)

1. How to change keyboard shortcut for task view (Win-Tab by default) - Similar Threads - change keyboard shortcut

2. How to change task view keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change task view keyboard shortcuts: how to I can change task view keyboard shortcuts?go to next virtual desktop, go to Previous virtual desktop,and create new virtual desktop SHORTCUTS....
  3. How to change task view keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change task view keyboard shortcuts: how to I can change task view keyboard shortcuts?go to next virtual desktop, go to Previous virtual desktop,and create new virtual desktop SHORTCUTS....
  4. How to change task view keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how do I change the keyboard shortcut for accessing task view?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do I change the keyboard shortcut for accessing task view?: so, by default, the shortcut is (win) + (tab). and I feel that this is garbage, as I'm switching way too often to use a multi ey shortcut. now, I'm only using this OS for work, and otherwise, I use Linux, so I'm used to being able to control what my computer does, and how it...
  6. How do I change default tab in "Win+." shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change default tab in "Win+." shortcut: I tried googling it, but there seem no options whatsoever, I am stuck with useless emojis when I am intending to use additional symbols, mathematical and punctuation that aren't present on the keyboard. I found this feature very useful and helpful, but switching from emojis...
  7. Changing keyboard default shortcuts

Changing keyboard default shortcuts: Hello everyone I am studying German at the moment, so would like to like change some of the keyboard shortcuts to make typing certain words easier. To explain what I mean: At the moment, if I push control + alt + a, for instance, I get á. I would like to change the...
  8. Win + Tab doesn't open task view anymore

Win + Tab doesn't open task view anymore: I think I pressed a combination of buttons on accident and now my win + tab shortcut selects things. How to I switch it back to task view?...
  9. Disable Win + Tab Task View Window Animation

Disable Win + Tab Task View Window Animation: So you can turn off the "sliding" animation when switching between Virtual desktops when unchecking "Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing" in the Performance Options; this prevents you from seeing any animations when you switch between virtual desktops. However,...
  10. ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view: how to change the look of ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view? [img] I use ssd. and i want to turn on delayed startup. is it good or bad? 106661