Windows 10: How to CHANGE Keyboard shortcut to move a window between two or more screens

Discus and support How to CHANGE Keyboard shortcut to move a window between two or more screens in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We can move the window from one screen to another using Windows Key + Shift + Arrow Key. I was wondering is there a way we can change the shortcut to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rohit Kishore Gupta (RKG), Aug 28, 2019.

1. How to CHANGE Keyboard shortcut to move a window between two or more screens

We can move the window from one screen to another using Windows Key + Shift + Arrow Key. I was wondering is there a way we can change the shortcut to lets say CTRL + ~ or something else.

I hate to take my hand away from the mouse when juggling through various documents. In the past I have been using Actual Multiple Monitors that had a feature to override this. however due to change in security policy I had to uninstall this software.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

:)

Rohit Kishore Gupta (RKG), Aug 28, 2019

2. Keyboard shortcuts change

Hi Pandax,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What shortcuts you wish to change specifically on Windows 10 including shortcuts which start with Windows logo?

• Do you use Windows 10 on Desktop/Laptop?
    Keyboard shortcuts are combinations of two or more keys that you can use to perform a task that would typically require a mouse or other pointing device. Keyboard shortcuts can make it easier to work with your PC, saving you time and effort as you
    work with Windows and other apps. You may try the below steps on Windows 10 to change the settings related to Keyboard on Windows 10 and check if it helps.

• Open Start menu and type
      Settings in the search bar.

• Click on Ease of access.

• Select Keyboard and you can change the options as you wish.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 28, 2019
  4. How to CHANGE Keyboard shortcut to move a window between two or more screens

How to change the default keyboard layout shortcut.

Hi,

I would like to inform you that presently you may change the default keyboard layout by pressing
    Windows key + space and I would like to inform you that it is not possible to change the keyboard shortcut for the keyboard layout.

• If you would like to create shortcut for the applications, please follow the below steps:
    • Right click on the application and select properties.
    • Enter a key combination in the Shortcut key field. The combination must be CTRL + ALT + a letter / number.

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

How to CHANGE Keyboard shortcut to move a window between two or more screens

1. How to CHANGE Keyboard shortcut to move a window between two or more screens - Similar Threads - CHANGE Keyboard shortcut

2. keyboard shortcut to move cursor between 2 monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard shortcut to move cursor between 2 monitors?: Windows 11Is there a keyboard shortcut to move the cursor between 2 monitors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-shortcut-to-move-cursor-between-2/31c64548-5daa-4601-9b08-9275c1df6876
  3. keyboard shortcut to move cursor between 2 monitors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard shortcut to move cursor between 2 monitors?: Windows 11Is there a keyboard shortcut to move the cursor between 2 monitors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-shortcut-to-move-cursor-between-2/31c64548-5daa-4601-9b08-9275c1df6876
  4. how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows?: how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-keyboard-shortcut-to-switch-between/e770a10a-8228-44ae-b180-a4dd2c57a03c
  5. how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows?: how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-keyboard-shortcut-to-switch-between/e770a10a-8228-44ae-b180-a4dd2c57a03c
  6. how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to change keyboard shortcut to switch between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change keyboard shortcut to switch between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10: Virtual Desktops on Windows 10 are widely used by people to group and decentralize their computer deskwork. The application allows you to run more than one desktop interface on a single computer, for you to be able to manage multiple tasks at the same time on a single...
  8. Is there a way to move a window between desktops with a keyboard shortcut?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to move a window between desktops with a keyboard shortcut?: Hi, I'm returning to Windows after a year of Linux. One thing that I really miss is the ability to move windows between desktops with a simple keyboard shortcut. Is there a way to do this on windows? AutoHotKey or PowerToys maybe? submitted by /u/AmitGold [link]...
  9. Cant drag screen / use keyboard shortcuts to move between displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant drag screen / use keyboard shortcuts to move between displays: Hi, I seem to have lost the ability to move windows to other displays using the shortcut keys. Dragging a maximiesed window also isn't possible. Any ideas? Thanks in advance...
  10. How to get mouse to move between the two monitors.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to get mouse to move between the two monitors.: I have a Toshiba Satellite s55 and a dell monitor. Can get home screen on monitor but if I choose 2 as the monitor I can't get the mouse to come back to my laptop....