Windows 10: How to change language on login screen

Discus and support How to change language on login screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried googling everything and nothing works so far, login screen is on english but when i login it still says it in croatian "Dobro došli" instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sai_Kahleek, Mar 4, 2021.

1. How to change language on login screen

I tried googling everything and nothing works so far, login screen is on english but when i login it still says it in croatian "Dobro došli" instead of "Welcome".

submitted by /u/Sai_Kahleek
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sai_Kahleek, Mar 4, 2021
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Change login / welcome screen language

Hi folks

changing language on login screen is hidden in the old control panel. Note language change is fine for rest of windows but for the login screen it's a bit fiddly.

You need to enter the control panel by entering run at the windows icon and enter control panel.

now choose region in the control panel and in the popup choose the 3rd tab administrative.

Choose copy settings (top part) - then choose welcome screen on the next opoup -- ist button.

my settings are in icelandic -- but the popups etc are the same for ENG or other languages -- don't forget to add keyboard support as well though if using language with (significantly) different character set.

How to change language on login screen [​IMG]

How to change language on login screen [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 4, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

How to change language on login screen

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

How to change language on login screen

1. How to change language on login screen - Similar Threads - change language login

2. How to change email in login screen ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change email in login screen ?: Hope someone can help me. I wish to change the email in the lock screen with my 2nd email but i am having trouble doing it. I've added the 2nd email in the Microsoft account as primary alias but the email in the screen hasn't changed....
  3. How to change email in login screen ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change email in login screen ?: Hope someone can help me. I wish to change the email in the lock screen with my 2nd email but i am having trouble doing it. I've added the 2nd email in the Microsoft account as primary alias but the email in the screen hasn't changed....
  4. How to change language for this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change language for this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jojojohannn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g63om3/how_to_change_language_for_this/
  5. how to change the login screen picture?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change the login screen picture?: how to change the login screen picture? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-login-screen-picture/60765387-4f92-4d76-9ae9-e39839983077
  6. how to change language ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change language ?: I d'ont speak English but only french. I thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-language/d88298fd-de48-45b0-adee-3f5f1d1a6336
  7. How to change the initial login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the initial login screen: They are often changing the initial login screen which is most annoying when the put up a pic that I do not like. Can we stop them form doing that?*Mad 68204
  8. Login screen language change disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Login screen language change disabled: My password for my Microsoft account is in English and I cant change the language for greek !!!And there is not possible to make the password greek. help I cant use my computer!!!PLEASEE 10718
  9. Change login / welcome screen language

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change login / welcome screen language: Hi folks changing language on login screen is hidden in the old control panel. Note language change is fine for rest of windows but for the login screen it's a bit fiddly. You need to enter the control panel by entering run at the windows icon and enter control panel....
  10. How to change the language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change the language: During installing W10, I clicked the wrong language, making some squares in Start Menu are labelled with language which I cannot read. How do I change to the right language? 19369