Windows 10: How to change laptop battery designed capacity

Discus and support How to change laptop battery designed capacity in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, anyone know how to re-setting laptop battery designed capacity?? i mod my old laptop battery, since the old battery only last for 1 hour... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeoSetiyadi, Dec 28, 2020.

1. How to change laptop battery designed capacity

Hi all,

anyone know how to re-setting laptop battery designed capacity??

i mod my old laptop battery, since the old battery only last for 1 hour less....

i give brand new battery in the battery pack, change from 4 x 18650 2200mAH cell to 8 x 22650 5000mAH cell "paralleled", soldered to original battery controller/ BMS.

It was worked, but the next problem is the laptop charged only up to origin capacity mWH before i recelled the battery pack, around 27513 mWH it show 100% full charged. Meanwhile it should be around 146000 mWH for 100% full charged capacity. I tried to manually calibrate the battery few times, but still the capacity stay same, the new battery pack can last 1 hour 50 minute compare to old battery last only 50 minute - 1 hour.

appreciate if someone can assist me for reset the BMS/ battery controller.
    How to change laptop battery designed capacity e6fa2901-057a-40a3-a47e-f2fb29dd91db?upload=true.png

:)

LeoSetiyadi, Dec 28, 2020

2. My Battery Design Capacity Changed?

I have interesting problem.

In the past my laptop battery life was just 1 hour and then I searced why this thing is so low and, I noticed my laptop battery capacity is 24.000mWh.

I did calibration my battery and this amounth decreased 20.000mWh. After that yesterdey my laptop battery increased 29.000mWh.

My real capacity is 60.000 mWh. That`s why windows is using just %50 portion of my battery.

How can I change this amounth?

Current amounths from diagnostic:

Current Battery Value: 17.850mWh

Full Charged Capacity: 29.184 mWh

Designed Capacity: 29.184 mWh

OzgurCoban, Dec 28, 2020
  3. G.B.JH Win User
    Got new battery but cannot recognize or too high design capacity

Hello

I just changed my battery for laptop.

It’s working but the charging meter doesn’t increase from 0.

Battery report shows design capacity is -1 and an error saying “battery capacity unknown ~ could be a bios problem”.

A third party app(smarter battery) shows design capacity as like 4 billions? numbers don’t make sense.

The battery and laptop both are LG.

I tried the manual calibration changing battery plan, still didn’t work, and in bios menu there was no power option.

G.B.JH, Dec 28, 2020
  4. baskhara Win User

How to change laptop battery designed capacity

Acer battery won't charge

What if the battery unremoveable? Should I disassemble and remove it? also there is a switch underneath the case and around the RAM slot that prevent the laptop to turn on when the case is open and without the charger. Is that the same as removing the battery? although when turned on with charger, the laptop still see the battery. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I took the report, the design capacity was 41.440 mWh but full charge capacity is now 25.752 mWh. Is it that bad? Before this happened I believe HWMonitor also show the same number with 38% Wear Level.
    Here's the report file

baskhara, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

How to change laptop battery designed capacity

1. How to change laptop battery designed capacity - Similar Threads - change laptop battery

2. Design capacity is equal to full charge capacity in battery report

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Design capacity is equal to full charge capacity in battery report: My battery report is acting very weird... it shows the design capacity equal to that of full charge capacity and both are decreasing over time. Can anyone help?I use my laptop plugged in most of the time.every week I drain the battery to 10-15% for its health so I shouldn't...
  3. Design capacity is equal to full charge capacity in battery report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Design capacity is equal to full charge capacity in battery report: My battery report is acting very weird... it shows the design capacity equal to that of full charge capacity and both are decreasing over time. Can anyone help?I use my laptop plugged in most of the time.every week I drain the battery to 10-15% for its health so I shouldn't...
  4. Battery Full Charge Capacity reporting error - More than double Design capacity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Full Charge Capacity reporting error - More than double Design capacity: I dont use my new 3 months old Thinkpad often but it is now reporting the Full Charge Capacity as being more than double the Design Capacity which is surely as error. Full Charge is 121.21Wh while Design Capacity is 50.5Wh. Sorry just cant seem to upload the pic. I would like...
  5. laptop battery capacity drain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop battery capacity drain: I bought a laptop late august this year and noticed my battery capacity suddenly dropped almost to 50 percent its previous capacity in just a days charge.. Going back i can remember i plugged it on my bed and forgot it charging so it over charged like 2 hours at 100 percent...
  6. laptop battery capacity drain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop battery capacity drain: I bought a laptop late august this year and noticed my battery capacity suddenly dropped almost to 50 percent its previous capacity in just a days charge.. Going back i can remember i plugged it on my bed and forgot it charging so it over charged like 2 hours at 100 percent...
  7. laptop battery capacity drain

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Interpreting a Battery Health Report: Full Charge Capacity Exceeds Design Capacity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Interpreting a Battery Health Report: Full Charge Capacity Exceeds Design Capacity: Before purchasing a replacement battery for my PC, I ran a Battery HealthReport because the battery on my laptop will no longer power it for more than afew minutes. My question about the report relates to the "Battery CapacityHistory" section. For my PC the Full Charge...
  9. My Battery Design Capacity Changed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Battery Design Capacity Changed?: I have interesting problem. In the past my laptop battery life was just 1 hour and then I searced why this thing is so low and, I noticed my laptop battery capacity is 24.000mWh. I did calibration my battery and this amounth decreased 20.000mWh. After that yesterdey my...
  10. Battery design capacity fluctuates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery design capacity fluctuates: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/derekamoss [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ffxalh/battery_design_capacity_fluctuates/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to restore battry design system

2. edit battery design capacity

3. modding laptop battery