Windows 10: How to change Laptop Lid Open Action in Windows 10

Discus and support How to change Laptop Lid Open Action in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Most laptops today come with an inbuilt feature that turns on automatically when you open its lid. You can also make the screen go off […]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 7, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to change Laptop Lid Open Action in Windows 10

WinClub, May 7, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, May 7, 2020
  3. Windows moves windows when laptop lid is open/closed.

I do not see the connection to scale but I tried per your suggestions. The scale was 100%, I tried 105, 110, 90, and 95% but windows still shift from one screen to the other. For example if Firefox is on the external monitor and I open the laptop lid,
    Firefox jumps to the laptop. That is one of the least annoying but easily producible actions.

Preserved Killick, May 7, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 7, 2020
Thema:

1. How to change Laptop Lid Open Action in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - change Laptop Lid

2. Lid Open action is not working to turn on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lid Open action is not working to turn on PC: Hi there !I have a problem with some laptops, in some cases and I don't know why laptops are not turning on even though the "Lid Open Action" is set as Turn on displayI have one computer in 21h2 that is able to do it and trust me I completely shut it down and when I open the...
  3. Lid Open action is not working to turn on PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lid Open action is not working to turn on PC: Hi there !I have a problem with some laptops, in some cases and I don't know why laptops are not turning on even though the "Lid Open Action" is set as Turn on displayI have one computer in 21h2 that is able to do it and trust me I completely shut it down and when I open the...
  4. lid opening action

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lid opening action: I do not want my laptop restart when I open the lid. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lid-opening-action/49de6e4a-809b-42ce-9657-d5e8f85ca1a8
  5. lid opening action

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lid opening action: I do not want my laptop restart when I open the lid. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lid-opening-action/49de6e4a-809b-42ce-9657-d5e8f85ca1a8
  6. Laptop Lid Open Action missing from Power Options in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Laptop Lid Open Action missing from Power Options in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If the Laptop Lid Open Action is missing in Windows 11/10, then you can enable the Lid Open Action using POWERCFG. Using the Laptop Lid Open Action, you can make your laptop turn on automatically after opening the lid – or set any other action! But what if you find...
  7. How to Change Default Lid Open Action in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Change Default Lid Open Action in Windows 10: [img] In Windows 10 version 1607 and later, the Lid open action setting (if supported) in Power Options lets users specify the default action to take when the laptop (system) lid is opened when waking (resuming) from sleep, hibernate, or modern standby. Users can specify...
  8. Lid Open Action

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lid Open Action: Hi! My laptop is running on Windows 10 and it automatically turns on when I'm opening the lid. I've tried setting the lid open action to "Do nothing" but it still turns on when I'm opening the lid. I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance!...
  9. Opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening laptop lid: Hi Its somthing weird happening my laptop When i open the lid of my laptop more than 90 deg it shuts down It wont happen anything if i open it less than 90 deg I even reinstalled windows but its still not working Email me if u want to see its video: *** Email address is...
  10. Change Lid Close Default Action in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Lid Close Default Action in Windows 10: How to: Change Lid Close Default Action in Windows 10 How to Change Default Action of Closing Lid in Windows 10 The Power Options lets users specify the default action to take when the laptop (system) lid is closed. Users can specify one of the following actions to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. close the lid windows 10