Windows 10: How to change lettering size under Icons

Discus and support How to change lettering size under Icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just upgraded PC and to W10 I am asking how to adjust the text size under the desktop icons. I can enlarge the icons no problem but text size... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jerry1977M16, Jul 15, 2018.

1. How to change lettering size under Icons

I just upgraded PC and to W10 I am asking how to adjust the text size under the desktop icons. I can enlarge the icons no problem but text size stays small. Please help

:)

Jerry1977M16, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 15, 2018
  3. How to change the size of icon

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to know how to change the size of Desktop icons. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps to change the size of the icons.

1. Right click on "Desktop".

2. Select "View".

3. Customize accordingly.

To change the icon:

1.Right click on the folder you want to change the icon

2. Select "Properties".

3. Click on "Customize".

4. Click on "Change icon".

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thanks.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 15, 2018
  4. How to change lettering size under Icons

change desk icon size in windows 10

This step works once but just for the size of the icon. Then when turned off the size changes again. Even if changing the size of the icon, when opened the application text is the wrong size.

AngelaStuhr, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

How to change lettering size under Icons

1. How to change lettering size under Icons - Similar Threads - change lettering size

2. Unable to change the size of font under the icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change the size of font under the icons.: Windows 11: In spite of going into settings and adjusting the text size through the accessibility menu, the size of other fonts changes but the size of the font under the icons remains small. I also tried changing the display settings by increasing the scale. But it is of no...
  3. Unable to change the size of font under the icons.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change the size of font under the icons.: Windows 11: In spite of going into settings and adjusting the text size through the accessibility menu, the size of other fonts changes but the size of the font under the icons remains small. I also tried changing the display settings by increasing the scale. But it is of no...
  4. How to change font sizes and icon sizes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to change font sizes and icon sizes in Windows 10: Hello! Are you reading this guide from a 5 inches Windows tablet screen? Maybe from your 15 inches laptop? This guide is for anyone who wants to have better visual experience using their Windows 10 device. So, we will be guiding you through changing your resolution, fonts and...
  5. how to change icon size on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change icon size on desktop: how do I change icon size on desk top https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-icon-size-on-desktop/b7843bff-0843-401b-a295-3b71ce3068a0
  6. change size of letters in windows 10

change size of letters in windows 10: the letters on my desktop are to small I have windows 10 how do I make them larger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-size-of-letters-in-windows-10/8fdeed6c-b179-496c-b2b5-b5b88fbea22f
  7. How to change the size of menu icon title

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the size of menu icon title: I'd like to know how to make the icon title larger. Running in Win10. 129077
  8. How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons?

How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons?: How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-do-i-change-the-font-size-of-the-names-under/50291850-7360-442b-9191-cbd59aa3e445
  9. Change Desktop Icon Text Size under Fall Creator Edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Desktop Icon Text Size under Fall Creator Edition: Under 1703 I had the Desktop Icon text set to something slightly larger or bolder than the default 'out of box' font. . When I installed 1709 the fonts reverted to the default. My tired old eyes need something bigger and/or bolder but I don't remember how I did it earlier and...
  10. How to change the size of the icon on the Start Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the size of the icon on the Start Screen: As shown in the Picture below, How to I make the icons for the tiles on the start screen the same size as the tile itself? As you can see the Risen 3 icon is the full side of the medium square wher as the rest of the games the icon is smaller and centered. Is it also possible...