Windows 10: how to change local administrator password for all computers in domain?

Discus and support how to change local administrator password for all computers in domain? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello all, I am working in a Windows environment with about 400 users. Some of our laptops have local admin accounts that were created with random... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Angel_337, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Angel_337 Win User

how to change local administrator password for all computers in domain?

Hello all, I am working in a Windows environment with about 400 users. Some of our laptops have local admin accounts that were created with random passwords and I would like to reset them all to something else without having to manually access each laptop. I know there used to be a way to do this from Group Policy but it has been disabled. Any advice/tips are appreciated! Thanks

:)

Angel_337, Jan 27, 2023
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password - Microsoft Support

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jan 27, 2023
  3. Can't login as local user after adding a computer to a domain

Here are the steps I took. Please tell me if I should have done differently.

1. On the server end add the user and computer to the domain in advance.

2. Fresh install windows 10 and make the first username Admin.

3. Once at desktop rename PC to match PC name on domain i.e. Workstation001.

4. Add computer to mydomain.local and when asked for username and password I entered the credentials for the new user.

5. Restarted the PC and signed into mydomain\newuser without any problems.

However now when I try to access the original local Admin account by typing 'Workstation001\local Admin' as the username and then the password. It keeps saying password invalid.

So I logged back into the domain account and tried resetting the password to Admin and then tried signing in as admin again, still no luck.

Currently there are 2 accounts on the computer one of them is a local/domain account for newuser and the other is a local Admin account which I cannot access.

What kind of glitch is this? Should I have not joined the domain through the original Admin account and instead added a local user to the PC 'newuser' and then sign in as that user locally then add them to the domain through their own local account? I didn't think this was necessary.

bluetea55z, Jan 27, 2023
  4. RWOne Win User

Can't login as local user after adding a computer to a domain

Your logon username for local is incorrect.

If the username created was "Admin", then the local machine logon is:

Workstation001\Admin (Omit "Local") It already knows you are logging onto the machine from the machine header.

RWOne, Jan 27, 2023
Thema:

1. how to change local administrator password for all computers in domain? - Similar Threads - change local administrator

2. How to change local administrator password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change local administrator password?: I create a local account and I forgot the password. How to change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-local-administrator-password/4b1c0819-9c10-4513-aac3-aa88fe249e92
  3. How to change local administrator password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change local administrator password?: I create a local account and I forgot the password. How to change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-local-administrator-password/4b1c0819-9c10-4513-aac3-aa88fe249e92
  4. How to allow local administrator accounts to access all files on the computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to allow local administrator accounts to access all files on the computer?: I've recently created a local account on my PC to separate my personal computer use and workspace, however the local account doesn't have access to a lot of files tied to my other account, even though it's an admin. How do I solve this?...
  5. how to change local administrator password for all computers in domain?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change local administrator password for all computers in domain?: Hello all, I am working in a Windows environment with about 400 users. Some of our laptops have local admin accounts that were created with random passwords and I would like to reset them all to something else without having to manually access each laptop. I know there used...
  6. how to change local administrator password for all computers in domain?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to change local administrator password for all computers in domain?: Hello all, I am working in a Windows environment with about 400 users. Some of our laptops have local admin accounts that were created with random passwords and I would like to reset them all to something else without having to manually access each laptop. I know there used...
  7. How to change Local Account to Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Local Account to Administrator: I can't change Local to Administrator so this is how it look like: Enter Username and Passwordbut I'm on my only account so please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-local-account-to-administrator/a1bed261-609c-4af9-96ac-651d22812ac2
  8. Joining domain changes all my local accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Joining domain changes all my local accounts: I am adding new laptops into an existing domain and recently within last 6 weeks or so every time I try to add a new laptop to the local domain the local account I created at startup gets changed to a standard account as do all the others I've tried. When I join to the domain...
  9. Windows 10, change local administrator password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10, change local administrator password: I have one computer in my home with one user account and that account is administrator . It is connected to a online Microsoft (Microsoft live?) account with my email as user name. I use a local password to log in to my computer. My local password and my online Microsoft...
  10. Domain Users not receiving Local Administrators Permissions

in Windows 10 Support
    Domain Users not receiving Local Administrators Permissions: Hey all, I am currently testing Windows 10 for implementation at the company I am working at and so far everything is working pretty good. When setting up computers we always add Domain Users as a member of the local administrators group so to be able to have certain...