Windows 10: How to change local user name in windows 10 when already logged in to a microsoft account...

Discus and support How to change local user name in windows 10 when already logged in to a microsoft account... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When downloading windows in my pc in a hurry I gave the local user name O but after installing windows, I logged into my microsoft account. Now I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zahidul Haider, Nov 28, 2023.

1. How to change local user name in windows 10 when already logged in to a microsoft account...

When downloading windows in my pc in a hurry I gave the local user name O but after installing windows, I logged into my microsoft account. Now I can not change the local username as the only user that shows up is my microsoft account. Due to this in my app data all files are saved to the user O. Is there any way to change this local user name,

:)

Zahidul Haider, Nov 28, 2023

2. Change local user account name in Windows 10

Hello!

I've just reinstalled Win10 and created a second account for my wife. Unfortunately, the login names is the mail she's registered to Microsoft.

How can I change the name.

I've read an answer to same question suggesting following:

"

Follow the steps provided below to change the username and check.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account

"

I don't have that option in Win10.

Thanks for assistance

MichaelBar, Nov 28, 2023
  3. Query about changing the account name

Hi Stephanie,

Since you have already changed the name on your Microsoft account, we suggest switching into a local account, and then log back in with your Microsoft account. This way, we can be sure that any changes made to your Microsoft account will be synced to your
    local user account.

For steps on how to switch to a local account:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Switch to a local account.

To switch back to a Microsoft account:

• Follow steps 1-3 above to get to Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Nov 28, 2023
  4. Ahhzz Win User

How to change local user name in windows 10 when already logged in to a microsoft account...

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2023
Thema:

How to change local user name in windows 10 when already logged in to a microsoft account...

1. How to change local user name in windows 10 when already logged in to a microsoft account... - Similar Threads - change local user

2. How to change local user name in windows 10 when already logged in to a microsoft account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change local user name in windows 10 when already logged in to a microsoft account...: When downloading windows in my pc in a hurry I gave the local user name O but after installing windows, I logged into my microsoft account. Now I can not change the local username as the only user that shows up is my microsoft account. Due to this in my app data all files are...
  3. How to change local user name in windows 10 when already logged in to a microsoft account...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change local user name in windows 10 when already logged in to a microsoft account...: When downloading windows in my pc in a hurry I gave the local user name O but after installing windows, I logged into my microsoft account. Now I can not change the local username as the only user that shows up is my microsoft account. Due to this in my app data all files are...
  4. How to change the name when logging into a local account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the name when logging into a local account?: How to change the name when logging into a local account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-name-when-logging-into-a-local/7054d2ef-1dbe-482a-be58-a29169875607
  5. How to change the name when logging into a local account?

How to change the name when logging into a local account?: How to change the name when logging into a local account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-name-when-logging-into-a-local/7054d2ef-1dbe-482a-be58-a29169875607
  6. How to change the name when logging into a local account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name?: I just installed Windows 10 on a workstation on my network there are many computers on this internal network. Since this network is secure and I'm the only employee... the same username and password is used on all systems... mine. This makes it very simple to use the...
  8. change name of "local user"

change name of "local user": On my laptop windows 10 I am called "local user" how can I change this to my name? I know it's petty but I hate it! simple directions pretty please :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-name-of-local-user/d800757d-ee90-454b-9c52-5af36779d1cd
  9. log on with an already-established local account

log on with an already-established local account: After a recent update, local accounts do not show up on one of our pcs. The sign-in screen only accepts an e-mail address, as for a microsoft account. I can log on with my administrator Microsoft account, and the local users' folders are there, but "Other User" on the...
  10. How to change Account Name and User Name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change Account Name and User Name?: I am the sole user of my pc. Under Settings/Accounts my name is:- John Smith my email address Administrator Q1 How do I change this to just:- Pete Administator? Under This PC I have drives C, F and G In C the user is called John In F user called Pete In G...