Windows 10: How to change location of the User Account Controls UAC consent prompt force?

Discus and support How to change location of the User Account Controls UAC consent prompt force? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; By default the UAC consent prompt pops open in a new virtual screen which is a hassle. How do I get it to appear in my main desktop's screen? Zach... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zachary Uram, Oct 11, 2020.

1. How to change location of the User Account Controls UAC consent prompt force?

By default the UAC consent prompt pops open in a new virtual screen which is a hassle. How do I get it to appear in my main desktop's screen?

Zach

:)

Zachary Uram, Oct 11, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User
    UAC (User Account Control)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get better clarity, please let us know:

• When you say “I lost my UAC password”, do you mean you do not remember the password of the administrator account?
    • Are you using a standard account to login to the computer?
    • Are you using a local account or Microsoft account?
    • How many user accounts do you have on your computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to the issue?

Ideally, the UAC prompt comes up when an administrative task is performed using a standard account. Whenever a UAC prompt comes up, you will need to enter the administrator account’s password to provide the permission.

For more information, see the section The consent and credential prompts
    in the article
    How User Account Control works

Please reply with more information on the issue to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 11, 2020
  3. How to change location of the User Account Controls UAC consent prompt force?

User Account Control

Hello Ridho,

To enable the User Account Control (UAC) on Windows 10, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Choose between two options to enable UAC:
      • Notify when apps try to make changes to your computer.
      • Always notify when installing or making any changes to your computer.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Yes or enter your password to finalize the change.
    Steps to disable User Account Control (UAC).

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Click Yes or enter your password.
    • Set the settings to Never notify.
    • Click OK to save the settings.
    Regards.

Devlin Sco, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

How to change location of the User Account Controls UAC consent prompt force?

1. How to change location of the User Account Controls UAC consent prompt force? - Similar Threads - change location User

2. How To Disable UAC User Account Control for specific program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Disable UAC User Account Control for specific program: sorry my English is badIs there a way to disable UACuser Account Control in Windows 10 for just one program?So, I want to play games via Steam Link, but when i start the game, it nothing happenbut it played. Steam Link fail to start the game because of UAC blocking all...
  3. How To Disable UAC User Account Control for specific program

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Disable UAC User Account Control for specific program: sorry my English is badIs there a way to disable UACuser Account Control in Windows 10 for just one program?So, I want to play games via Steam Link, but when i start the game, it nothing happenbut it played. Steam Link fail to start the game because of UAC blocking all...
  4. How to force the User Account Control UAC yes/no dialog window to stop appearing in virtual...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to force the User Account Control UAC yes/no dialog window to stop appearing in virtual...: Whenever I run an untrusted program in Windows 11 the UAC pops up a dialog box in a window on a virtual desktop screen not my desktop with all the apps open and asks if I want this program to make changes to this device. Is there any way I can have this dialog window open on...
  5. How to force the User Account Control UAC yes/no dialog window to stop appearing in virtual...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force the User Account Control UAC yes/no dialog window to stop appearing in virtual...: Whenever I run an untrusted program in Windows 11 the UAC pops up a dialog box in a window on a virtual desktop screen not my desktop with all the apps open and asks if I want this program to make changes to this device. Is there any way I can have this dialog window open on...
  6. User Account Control UAC pin requirement?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Control UAC pin requirement?: Hi,Every time my daughter needs to take a exam thru Respondus, Inc Lockdown Brower application, a pop-up message from User Account Control shows up on the desktop. It mentions: to continue enter an admin user name and pin. Is there any way I can disable the pin requirement...
  7. UAC User Account Control

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    UAC User Account Control: Hello, I lost my UAC password, how can I reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-user-account-control/7def82c3-79cf-4843-8489-7dca9434c4b1
  8. problem with user account control (uac)

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem with user account control (uac): hey. i tried to turn on my pc yesterday and i got a problem with a file beeing removed. i then restarted my whole pc, and i thought it was fixed. but then my administrator confirmation wouldnt work. this means that i cant download apps and edit settings. i have tried to go to...
  9. Change UAC prompt Behavior for Standard Users in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change UAC prompt Behavior for Standard Users in Windows: How to: Change UAC prompt Behavior for Standard Users in Windows How to Change User Account Control (UAC) prompt Behavior for Standard Users in Windows When administrator account before starting a program or task that requires a full administrator access token. This...
  10. Change User Account Control (UAC) Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change User Account Control (UAC) Settings in Windows 10: How to: Change User Account Control (UAC) Settings in Windows 10 How to Change User Account Control (UAC) Settings in Windows 10 User Account Control (UAC) helps prevent malware from damaging a computer and helps organizations deploy a better-managed desktop...