Windows 10: How to change locations of Documents or Pictures to C:\Users\username\Documents or Pictures

Discus and support How to change locations of Documents or Pictures to C:\Users\username\Documents or Pictures in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In my new computer setup, Windows 10 set up the folders Documents and Pictures under "This PC" to C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documents and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NongJin, Jun 16, 2019.

1. NongJin Win User

How to change locations of Documents or Pictures to C:\Users\username\Documents or Pictures

In my new computer setup, Windows 10 set up the folders Documents and Pictures under "This PC" to C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documents and C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Pictures. I want to set up these folders to C:\Users\username\Documents and C:\Users\username\Pictures. I tried to change location through folder properties\location\restore default. But windows did not allow me to do it, showing an error message "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied". How do I change the folders of Documents (Pictures) under "This PC" to C:\Users\username\Documents (Pictures)? Thanks.

:)

NongJin, Jun 16, 2019
  2. mrgeek Win User

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

How to change locations of Documents or Pictures to C:\Users\username\Documents or Pictures [​IMG]

mrgeek, Jun 16, 2019
  3. XTL
    xTL Win User
    Default Documents/Music/Pictures/Videos folder alternatives?

Hi Mortiferon

@ C:\Users\username\foldername. ( your user )
    ( Mine is C:\Users\Mike )
    Right click Documents, Pictures, Music, Video, > Properties > Location

How to change locations of Documents or Pictures to C:\Users\username\Documents or Pictures [​IMG]

Here you can change the default location of docs, music, pics, vids, to any other location you choose. *Smile
    ( Mine looks different because i change the name & icon on it. )

4. kudos1uk Win User

How to change locations of Documents or Pictures to C:\Users\username\Documents or Pictures

App storage changes location for documents or pictures?

I have a 10" tablet with full windows 10 Home, it has very limited storage so I'm keep to store everything on SD.

When I go settings > Storage and change all the locations to D: it appears to work but then document and pictures reverts back to OneDrive, all other folders stay as D:.

I first did it by changing everything but apps to D: which worked but when I changed apps to D: document and pictures changed back to OneDrive by itself and would not allow me to change it to D: only C: or OneDrive?

So thinking it was setting the apps location that caused the problem, I set apps back to C: and reset pictures and documents back to D: which looked like it worked but I exited out and went back in, they had reverted back to OneDrive by themselves again.

I even set them all back to C: deleted the user folder on D: and tried from scratch with same result?

Anyone know why this is happening?

kudos1uk, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

1. How to change locations of Documents or Pictures to C:\Users\username\Documents or Pictures - Similar Threads - change locations Documents

2. *SOLVED* Changing my Pictures and Documents Saving Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    *SOLVED* Changing my Pictures and Documents Saving Location: Hey,Recently I factory resetted my computer, and as soon as I got it resetted I uninstalled OneDrive, but now the thing is theres still a OneDrive folder in C:\Users\XXXXwhich is actively backing up my pictures and documents, when I click on the properties of the Pictures...
  3. *SOLVED* Changing my Pictures and Documents Saving Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *SOLVED* Changing my Pictures and Documents Saving Location: Hey,Recently I factory resetted my computer, and as soon as I got it resetted I uninstalled OneDrive, but now the thing is theres still a OneDrive folder in C:\Users\XXXXwhich is actively backing up my pictures and documents, when I click on the properties of the Pictures...
  4. *SOLVED* Changing my Pictures and Documents Saving Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change my Pictures and Documents Saving Location

Change my Pictures and Documents Saving Location: Hey,Recently I factory resetted my computer, and as soon as I got it resetted I uninstalled OneDrive, but now the thing is theres still a OneDrive folder in C:\Users\XXXXwhich is actively backing up my pictures and documents, when I click on the properties of the Pictures...
  6. Change my Pictures and Documents Saving Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change my Pictures and Documents Saving Location: Hey,Recently I factory resetted my computer, and as soon as I got it resetted I uninstalled OneDrive, but now the thing is theres still a OneDrive folder in C:\Users\XXXXwhich is actively backing up my pictures and documents, when I click on the properties of the Pictures...
  7. Change my Pictures and Documents Saving Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive

Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive: My Windows 10 laptop died. I pulled the hard drive out and have it in a case which I can connect to new laptop Windows 11. I am unable to find "Pictures," "Documents," Where do I look? I don't seem to be able to find or access "my" files and folders, only System folders....
  9. Unable to change location of Documents or Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to change location of Documents or Pictures folder: When I bring up the Document Properties window, and click on the Location tab, the window id missing the 3 buttons (Restore Default, Move, Find Target) that everyone else seems to have. And the path field is not editable. Any ideas? 155160
  10. Unable to change location of pictures and documents folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to change location of pictures and documents folders: When I try to change the location of the documents folder and the pictures folder, I get a message, "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied." I get this message whether or not I choose to move the files...