Windows 10: How to change Lock Screen Clock format on Windows 11/10

Discus and support How to change Lock Screen Clock format on Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]Although Windows 11/10 shows a 24-hour lock format on the lock screen, you can change it to a 12-hour format using this step-by-step tutorial. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 15, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to change Lock Screen Clock format on Windows 11/10

How to change Lock Screen Clock format on Windows 11/10 [​IMG]
    Although Windows 11/10 shows a 24-hour lock format on the lock screen, you can change it to a 12-hour format using this step-by-step tutorial. It is possible to change the lock screen clock format on Windows 11/10 using Windows Settings and Control Panel. How to change Time format in Lock Screen in Windows 11/10 There […]

This article How to change Lock Screen Clock format on Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Aug 15, 2021

2. Lock screen clock format

Hello,

As we all know the lock screen clock is in 24 Hrs format. How can I change it to 12 Hrs? I am using windows 10 Home edition.

rakeshmaheshwari, Aug 15, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Windows 10 Lock Screen date format

We appreciate the information that you've given. This issue may have occurred due to the selected Format under Region. There are locations that happen to follow a certain date and time format. To correct the format, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Press Windows icon + X and select Control Panel.
    • On the Control Panel window, select Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Under Region, select Change date, time, or number formats.
    • On the Region window, under Formats tab, select
      English (United States) on the drop-down menu on Format.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    • Check your lock screen. (Attached is a reference photo)

• How to change Lock Screen Clock format on Windows 11/10 [​IMG]

Kindly get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, Aug 15, 2021
  4. How to change Lock Screen Clock format on Windows 11/10

How to change lock screen time to 24 hours format on Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the 24 hours clock settings on lock screen. We will help you with this issue.

Try the below steps and check if you are able change the clock settings.

• Sign-in as an administrator to your computer.
    • Press the
      How to change Lock Screen Clock format on Windows 11/10 start.png
      +R
      keys from the keyboard to open the Run dialog, type regedit, and click on
      OK.
    • In Registry Editor, navigate to the location to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SystemProtectedUserData
    • Expand open SystemProtectedUserData, and expand open the long
      S-1-5-21... subkey for the user account that you want to change their lock screen clock time format.
    • Under the long S-1-5-21... subkey for the user in the left pane, expand open
      AnyoneRead, and select LocaleInfo.
    • In the right pane of LocaleInfo, double click on the
      TimeFormat
      string value to modify it.
    • Type in the time format from the table below you want to display on the lock screen clock for the user, and click/tap on
      OK.
    • When finished, close Registry Editor, and sign out of the Administrator account.
    • To test, sign in to the user account that you changed their lock screen clock time format, and
      lock (
      How to change Lock Screen Clock format on Windows 11/10 start.png
      +
      L
      ) the computer to see the lock screen with the clock's new time format.

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that
    you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer to the below article to backup and restore the registry in Windows:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Note: The above links applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 15, 2021
Thema:

How to change Lock Screen Clock format on Windows 11/10

1. How to change Lock Screen Clock format on Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - change Lock Screen

2. How do i change my clock color on the windows 11 lock screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i change my clock color on the windows 11 lock screen?: I've tried everything to try to fix it but all I've found are solutions for windows 10 while I have windows 11I'm trying to change the color from white to red to match my background but nothing changes it...
  3. How do i change my clock color on the windows 11 lock screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change my clock color on the windows 11 lock screen?: I've tried everything to try to fix it but all I've found are solutions for windows 10 while I have windows 11I'm trying to change the color from white to red to match my background but nothing changes it...
  4. Cant change the clock format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change the clock format: im trying to make so it only shows from 0 to 12 but i dont see any format with pm or am how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-the-clock-format/cf9347cb-b828-414b-84b9-c8de82f21ea6
  5. Cant change the clock format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant change the clock format: im trying to make so it only shows from 0 to 12 but i dont see any format with pm or am how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-the-clock-format/cf9347cb-b828-414b-84b9-c8de82f21ea6
  6. Cant change the clock format

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Clock on locked screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clock on locked screen: I guess Windows 11 Pro has not figured out how to let us remove the clock that is in the middle of my very nice picture, ruing the view of it.Have they set it so we can remove the clock, I can't find any updates, can't get anyone on the phone other services chat doesn't get...
  8. Windows 10 changes clock format on each restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 changes clock format on each restart: I want to use "army time" like 21:00 instead of 9:00 pm since I live in sweden. Everytime I change it windows changes it back on reboot.Why? And what can I do to stop this. It's really annoying....
  9. Lock screen clock format

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen clock format: Hello, As we all know the lock screen clock is in 24 Hrs format. How can I change it to 12 Hrs? I am using windows 10 Home edition. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-clock-format/e89a5951-2208-4216-8e95-8a5c829372bf
  10. Change Lock Screen Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Lock Screen Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10: How to: Change Lock Screen Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10 How to Change Lock Screen Clock to 12 hour or 24 hour Format in Windows 10 The lock screen is the screen you see when you lock your PC (or when it locks automatically after you haven't been...