Windows 10: How to Change Log In (PIN) Screen

Discus and support How to Change Log In (PIN) Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every where I look I get info on how to change the LOCK screen but I don't want to do that, I want to change the LOG IN (Enter PIN) screen; they're... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by h8bigbiz, Nov 17, 2019.

1. h8bigbiz Win User

How to Change Log In (PIN) Screen

Every where I look I get info on how to change the LOCK screen but I don't want to do that, I want to change the LOG IN (Enter PIN) screen; they're totally different.

:)

h8bigbiz, Nov 17, 2019

2. Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, Nov 17, 2019
  3. pin log in

Hi Keith,

You can change your PIN by following the steps below:

• Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) > Accounts >
      Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Change.
    • Enter your current PIN, enter and confirm the new PIN, then click OK.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Nov 17, 2019
  4. How to Change Log In (PIN) Screen

How do you reset windows 10 log on pin password

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Sign-in options on the log on screen. Select Microsoft account.
    • Try logging in using Microsoft account and password.
    • Once you log into the system, try to change the PIN under accounts/sign-in page.
    • Select the Start
      How to Change Log In (PIN) Screen [​IMG]
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Try to reset the PIN.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

How to Change Log In (PIN) Screen

1. How to Change Log In (PIN) Screen - Similar Threads - Change Log PIN

2. Lock screen log in pin changed to Microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen log in pin changed to Microsoft account password: My laptop required me to use a 4 digit pin from the lock screen - it now uses my Microsoft account password - I did not ask for this change. How do I change it back to 4 simple numbers that have nothing to do with my Microsoft account??...
  3. Lock screen log in pin changed to Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen log in pin changed to Microsoft account password: My laptop required me to use a 4 digit pin from the lock screen - it now uses my Microsoft account password - I did not ask for this change. How do I change it back to 4 simple numbers that have nothing to do with my Microsoft account??...
  4. Lock screen log in pin changed to Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Password to PIN change for log in to pc

Password to PIN change for log in to pc: I had my PC to log in with PIN, this has now changed to password and I cannot change it back to PIN in settings. Also I had another family member on my account child and he is unable to log in with either password or pin previously PIN and forgot password function is not...
  6. Change from PIN to password to log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change from PIN to password to log in: Forgive me if this has already been asked. I recently fell for the "sign in with a PIN" to log in to Windows. I now feel that this has WEAKENED my security by allowing a 1 in 9999 chance of accessing my system, whereas my previous 20+ character alpha-numeric and Case...
  7. Change from PIN to password to log in

Change from PIN to password to log in: Forgive me if this has already been asked. I recently fell for the "sign in with a PIN" to log in to Windows. I now feel that this has WEAKENED my security by allowing a 1 in 9999 chance of accessing my system, whereas my previous 20+ character alpha-numeric and Case...
  8. Change Min Pin Length for Logging in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Min Pin Length for Logging in?: So, I was a fool and installed MS Teams on my home machine and linked it to my work account. I had reasons for this, but let's not dwell on my being a fool. By linking to my work account, it updated the min pin length for logging in. I've removed Teams and gone to 'Access...
  9. problems changing log in PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    problems changing log in PIN: How do I change the PIN I use to log-in to my computer? I know that I'm supposed to go to the sign-in options and change it under the "Windows Hello Pin" but it says that the option is unavailable and it asks me to log in to a school or work Microsoft account it doesn't...
  10. Changing PIN without being logged in.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing PIN without being logged in.: I'm having trouble logging in to my Microsoft account because I don't remember my pin. When I click on 'forgot my pin', it tells me to change the pin using the settings on the account. However, I am not logged in so I can't. The account I am trying to login to is my second...