Windows 10: How to change log on purchased computer

Discus and support How to change log on purchased computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I purchased a laptop with Windows 10 installed. I have added several accounts to the computer but cannot remove the log in name of the previous owner.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by (PLEIADES), Jan 20, 2019.

1. How to change log on purchased computer

I purchased a laptop with Windows 10 installed. I have added several accounts to the computer but cannot remove the log in name of the previous owner. He sent it to me with the Admin account having an open password so that I can do what I want, but his name comes up as the default log in when the computer is started. How do I go about changing his account showing up?

:)

(PLEIADES), Jan 20, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 20, 2019
  3. change log-in picture

Hi Paul,

Are you referring to picture on the log in screen of the computer? If yes, follow the steps below:

• Click Windows key.
    • Type Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • On the left pane, click Your email and accounts.
    • Select the user account, to change the picture. Click Browse.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Jan 20, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

How to change log on purchased computer

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

How to change log on purchased computer

1. How to change log on purchased computer - Similar Threads - change log purchased

2. How to change the email for Bedrock and Java purchase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the email for Bedrock and Java purchase: I bought and downloaded Minecraft Java and Bedrock edition on the Microsoft store on my laptop, I realized I bought it on another email I don't really use, I normally use another email because I use the email for my bedrock account. Is there any way to change the email that I...
  3. change purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change purchase: I purchased windows 11 home, wanted windows 11 pro. can you change the purchase and provide a new product Key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-purchase/cd973111-b499-410a-92ea-dcc23a080596
  4. change purchase

change purchase: I purchased windows 11 home, wanted windows 11 pro. can you change the purchase and provide a new product Key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-purchase/cd973111-b499-410a-92ea-dcc23a080596
  5. How to log in into my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to log in into my computer?: I will start by sayng that i have never believed that a company who own a software can lock me out from using my personal computer. So my windows upgraded from 10 to 11. Today i had some free time and i wanted to do a fresh install. Everything was ok loged with my Microsoft...
  6. How to log in into my computer?

How to log in into my computer?: I will start by sayng that i have never believed that a company who own a software can lock me out from using my personal computer. So my windows upgraded from 10 to 11. Today i had some free time and i wanted to do a fresh install. Everything was ok loged with my Microsoft...
  7. How do I change my log in for Microsoft games purchase?

How do I change my log in for Microsoft games purchase?: My Microsoft log in is fine and works, but when I go to purchase something within a game, for some reason the log on enters a +1 in front of my phone number so the password won't work. I have looked everywhere in my settings and can't locate where the +1 phone number is so I...
  8. change log in name on new computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    change log in name on new computer: How do I change the log in name on my new computer? We now have two computers but because I set each one up my name comes up when my husband goes to log in. I want to have his name on the log in page instead of mine. Thank you,...
  9. HOW TO CHANGE PASSWORD ON MY COMPUTER LOG IN ONLY

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HOW TO CHANGE PASSWORD ON MY COMPUTER LOG IN ONLY: when I attempt to change my password to get onto my computer the page asks me to enter a password that I now use but it does not recognize it. It want me to type in my email password which is different from my log in password when I turn my computer on. How can I change my...
  10. Change of Plans - Regarding a Computer Purchase

in Windows 10 Support
    Change of Plans - Regarding a Computer Purchase: I wanted to make a new thread on this case because my other one isn't really getting much attention. Anyway, so I decided not to go with the computer that Computer Works (The local computer shop) was selling. The HP Slimline looked nice, but they found out that some of the...