Windows 10: How to change Mac trackpad scrolling direction in Windows 10 Dual Boot setup

Discus and support How to change Mac trackpad scrolling direction in Windows 10 Dual Boot setup in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]PC users running a macOS dual boot with Windows 10, will feel the difference […] This article How to change Mac trackpad scrolling direction... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 15, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to change Mac trackpad scrolling direction in Windows 10 Dual Boot setup

WinClub, Feb 15, 2021

2. How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

Thanks; yes, those are great directions and did work to change the direction of the wired mouse that came with the computer. But the mouse I'm using doesn't show up as a mouse in the hardware list, so I can't follow the rest of those steps. I need the mouse to appear on the list of mice in order to complete this sequence.

salishsong, Feb 15, 2021
  3. How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

I have a new computer (Dell) and have never before had a PC (Macs only). I connected my favorite mouse, a Logitech M325, and it's working in the normal way. But I want to change the scroll direction to Natural Scrolling - what I'm used to. I've followed the directions available online. Under Mice - Hardware in Control Panel, there's just one mouse listed, an HID-Compliant mouse. First, I assumed that was the one I was using, so I changed it. Turns out that applied to the wired mouse that came with the computer and its scroll direction was successfully changed, as I found out when I plugged it back in. So these directions would work with my computer, but my mouse just isn't showing up as an HID-compliant mouse in the Mice area. I think I found it though...listed as a keyboard. And keyboards don't appear to have a path with a numeric string where I could change the digit to reverse scrolling. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to fix the scrolling - either how to get my mouse to show up in the Control Panel as a mouse, or a work-around. Thanks.

salishsong, Feb 15, 2021
  4. How to change Mac trackpad scrolling direction in Windows 10 Dual Boot setup

Precision Trackpad Scrolling Broken Since Creators Update

This is a revival of
    this thread
    . It was locked for an unknown reason, despite the issue clearly still being relevant.

Ever since over a year ago when the initial Creators Update dropped, scrolling on precision trackpads has been a hot mess. The effects of the update include:

• Certain applications experience extreme stutter while scrolling with a precision trackpad(example). The graphics seem to only update when
      there is a decent break in between scroll events.
    • Applications such as Windows Explorer, Notepad, Notepad++, etc that would have normally scrolled line-by-line at a fast rate now scroll several lines at a time(depending on the value in Settings>Devices>Mouse) at a slow rate. This leads to much less precise
      scroll that you would expect from a precision trackpad. Windows Explorer has since been specifically fixed in the Fall Creators Update, but all other applications are left in the dust.

It's been said that the reason for these issues is due to precision trackpads now using mouse scroll events, in contrast to the previous method of directly manipulating scrollbars just as touchscreens do. While it does seem to make sense to use actual scroll
    events, the previous method of scrolling provided a vastly better experience.

This thread is meant to be both a question and a suggestion. The suggestion being to revert back to the old method of scrolling. The question being, is there any (even hacky) method to restore old precision trackpad scrolling functionality? It's been over
    a year now, and it's been thoroughly frustrating to not have any fix for this.

Brett Butcher, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

How to change Mac trackpad scrolling direction in Windows 10 Dual Boot setup

1. How to change Mac trackpad scrolling direction in Windows 10 Dual Boot setup - Similar Threads - change Mac trackpad

2. Feature Request: Change Mouse & Trackpad Scroll Direction?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Feature Request: Change Mouse & Trackpad Scroll Direction?: Hello,As a Designer I work very often with both Windows and MacBooks devices and there's a big difference between the Mouse Scroll direction on the platforms. MacOS does offer an option to change the scroll direction from "Natural" to what windows use - which is un-natural,...
  3. Feature Request: Change Mouse & Trackpad Scroll Direction?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature Request: Change Mouse & Trackpad Scroll Direction?: Hello,As a Designer I work very often with both Windows and MacBooks devices and there's a big difference between the Mouse Scroll direction on the platforms. MacOS does offer an option to change the scroll direction from "Natural" to what windows use - which is un-natural,...
  4. Feature Request: Change Mouse & Trackpad Scroll Direction?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to uninstall Linux in Windows 10 Dual Boot setup

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Linux in Windows 10 Dual Boot setup: [ATTACH]You may have installed Ubuntu or any other Linux distro on your PC alongside […] This article How to uninstall Linux in Windows 10 Dual Boot setup first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Trackpad Scroll Reversed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trackpad Scroll Reversed in Windows 10: I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and it reversed the trackpad scroll. The only option under touchpad in settings is sensitivity. I have an ASUS laptop, and I think my trackpad has a ELAN driver. I have ASUS Smart Gesture installed, but there is no option to...
  7. how to restore from a Windows 10 backup in a Mac dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to restore from a Windows 10 backup in a Mac dual boot: Ihave a newer amacabook Pro which I have it as a dual boot with Windows 10. Had some physical damage and after the repair had to restore the Mac OS backupwith dual boot and Windows 10. Problem is I had a separate Windows full image backup and dont know how to restore the...
  8. How do I change scrolling orientation with trackpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change scrolling orientation with trackpad: Just the title. I have a MacBook Pro with Windows 10 on bootcamp, and it is annoying for me that in macOS and every touch device I have the "natural" way of scrolling (moving my fingers up moves down), however in Win10 it is inverted and I want to change it, but I haven't...
  9. Dual Boot Setup for Windows 10

Dual Boot Setup for Windows 10: Hi, I have recently installed an SSD on the M.2 slot of my laptop. It came with a Mechanical 1Tb HDD. First, I installed the M.2 SSD on the motherboard and installed Windows 10 on it. A new clean setup. At this point of time my HDD was not connected. Next, I connected the...
  10. How to dual boot Windows 10 and Mac OSX

How to dual boot Windows 10 and Mac OSX: I want to dual boot my PC which has a pre installed windows 10 with mac OSX. I have only one HDD. I have searched many forums and sites but was not able to find any suitable help. Please help me out. 26021

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot