Windows 10: How To Change MAILTO: Protocol To OEClassic or Thunderbird? (W10CE)

Discus and support How To Change MAILTO: Protocol To OEClassic or Thunderbird? (W10CE) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The developer of the programme in question is in Bosnia and I'll give him his due, replies to service requests are within minutes usually. Quite... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ex_Brit, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Ex_Brit Win User

How To Change MAILTO: Protocol To OEClassic or Thunderbird? (W10CE)

The developer of the programme in question is in Bosnia and I'll give him his due, replies to service requests are within minutes usually. Quite amazing,
    Here's a quote from his response to my service request sent this morning (note in 2 you are the MVP mentioned):

Ex_Brit, Jan 8, 2018
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hopefully the developer will be able to get that bit sorted soon so folks can select it as a default app.

Brink, Jan 8, 2018
  3. Ex_Brit Win User
    I don't understand the bit about extracting the mailto contents to an editor....what editor?

Ex_Brit, Jan 8, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

I'm not sure what he meant either.

Brink, Jan 8, 2018
  5. Ex_Brit Win User
    Oh well, wait for the problems to be ironed out I guess. Thanks. ;-)

Ex_Brit, Jan 8, 2018
  6. Edwin New Member
    Me neither! *Confused
    If I click on a mailto link or mailto shortcut, I want the 'Compose' window to open immediately! Period!

How To Change MAILTO: Protocol To OEClassic or Thunderbird? (W10CE) [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 9, 2018
  7. Ex_Brit Win User
    I just want the MailTo to open the email client of my choice, not what Microsoft thinks I should be using.

;-)

Ex_Brit, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How To Change MAILTO: Protocol To OEClassic or Thunderbird? (W10CE) - Similar Threads - Change MAILTO Protocol

2. How to change the FTP default protocol to windows explore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the FTP default protocol to windows explore?: Since all browsers have removed ftp url support I have been using IE as my default protocol. In June Microsoft will be removing IE from windows, so I wanted to just change the default protocol app to windows explore but I can't windows 10 does not consider explore an App what...
  3. thunderbird

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    thunderbird: I can't get the reply and the other one's up on my computer. Jim Bates 860-361-6805 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thunderbird/50269599-4041-4eb1-8178-0befe3763d4d
  4. Using Thunderbird

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Thunderbird: Hi, hope it's ok to ask here .... the Mozilla Forum is a right PITA, assuming there is one after looking for ages! The Help tells you BS.. e.g. I want to enter multiple recipients to an email message and it says Type a recipient directly into the address field, then press...
  5. How change default MailTo: to an app not listed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How change default MailTo: to an app not listed?: I use an application by the name of Outlook Express Classic which is very much like the Outlook Express program that was discontinued by Microsoft. I want this to be my only email client program. I was able to make it my default App for eml files, but I am unable to make it...
  6. How to change default Batch Rename protocols?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change default Batch Rename protocols?: For my job, I do a large amount of saving documents from one location to another, and renaming sequential files. How do I get the default batch rename feature to change from adding a (1), (2), (3), etc... at the end of the file, and instead change it to -1,-2,-3, etc...? Eg,...
  7. Need to change to an app for the MAILTO protocol, a different client, that is on my...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to change to an app for the MAILTO protocol, a different client, that is on my...: How can I change to an app for the MAILTO protocol, a different client, that is on my computer, but not on theMICROSOFT STORE........I was always able to simply select my APP from MY PC, but now there is no option to do this, only the suggestion order toSEARCH THE MICROSOFT...
  8. Mailto: in Browsers not working

in Browsers and Email
    Mailto: in Browsers not working: Good Day, I have recently upgrade to windows 10 and the mailto: links dont work anymore. Running outlook 2013. When I go to a webpage with a clickable email it no longer opens outlook new message. I tried to check the default programs, made sure that outlook is the default...
  9. Mailto Links

in Browsers and Email
    Mailto Links: Win 10 Ms Edge (and Chrome) How do I make mailto links in websites point to Gmail? Currently every time I click a mailto it gives a choice of Gmail or Outlook. I wish it default to Gmail, and if possible not the app but the program. 20308
  10. Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10: I would like to change the default MAILTO Protocol in Windows 10 to a program of my choice but it won't let me choose anything other than Thunderbird or Microsoft Mail. How do I select a specific program (in my case it is OEClassic). Thanks. 9971