Windows 10: How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...

Discus and support How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My Windows 10 administrator account has become associated with my childs Microsoft account / email and I now can't access certain apps and settings due... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by adamh2018, Mar 6, 2022.

1. adamh2018 Win User

How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...

My Windows 10 administrator account has become associated with my childs Microsoft account / email and I now can't access certain apps and settings due to Family restrictions, crippling my computer.How can i change the Microsoft account associated with my local administrator account back to my own, returning full access to my machine and files.Background:My son had recently been forced to migrate from a Mojang account to a Microsoft account - requiring me to setup a Family account to give him access to Minecrafts full features. I was installing Minecraft java edition on my PC for him to try wi

:)

adamh2018, Mar 6, 2022
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Mar 6, 2022
  3. Local account to administrator

Just to be straight with terminology.

You can set up your device with a local account or Microsoft account.

Within each of these options you can then either be an Administrator or a Standard user.

If you go Start, Settings, Account and click on Your Info is it listing you as a local account and just below that are you Standard or Administrator.

Caledon Ken, Mar 6, 2022
  4. How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...

How to change the administrator account associated email

David, if the option is not present to change to a local account which is shown in the tutorial, then the alternative is to create a new local account and not a Microsoft account. Sign in into it, copy over your files and then delete the old account in
    Family and other users.

At any time in the future you can associate that new local account with your old Microsoft account or create a new Microsoft account to associate the local account with following the steps in the other tutorial I gave.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Mar 6, 2022
Thema:

How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...

1. How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After... - Similar Threads - change Microsoft account

2. How to change Local Account to Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Local Account to Administrator: I can't change Local to Administrator so this is how it look like: Enter Username and Passwordbut I'm on my only account so please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-local-account-to-administrator/a1bed261-609c-4af9-96ac-651d22812ac2
  3. How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...: My Windows 10 administrator account has become associated with my childs Microsoft account / email and I now can't access certain apps and settings due to Family restrictions, crippling my computer.How can i change the Microsoft account associated with my local administrator...
  4. How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...: My Windows 10 administrator account has become associated with my childs Microsoft account / email and I now can't access certain apps and settings due to Family restrictions, crippling my computer.How can i change the Microsoft account associated with my local administrator...
  5. Switching the Microsoft account associate with my local account

Switching the Microsoft account associate with my local account: Currently my local account is associated with my mum's Microsoft account since she bought this laptop quite a while ago. But now I'm the one fully using the laptop and I want to switch the Microsoft account to my Microsoft account since I already have one. Is there anyway I...
  6. How to remove a Microsoft account associated with a local account on Windows 10

How to remove a Microsoft account associated with a local account on Windows 10: I believe this problem is the same as the one described here:How to change email associated with Windows 10 user account? - Microsoft CommunityHowever, I don't believe that the answers understood the problem, so I am trying again with this question. Both my PC and laptop are...
  7. Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator: My son's Microsoft account is associated with the Local Admin account the only account I ever use on my PC. The local account is mine and contains all my applications, settings, preferences and hours of customisation. This association was formed without my consent simply...
  8. Microsoft account associated with Administrator account issue

Microsoft account associated with Administrator account issue: I want to change the Microsoft account associated with the administrator account on my laptop. I have tried to look for solutions, but what I have found is mostly just make another account and turn it into an admin account or reset the laptop. I want to keep all my files...
  9. Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator

Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator: My son's Microsoft account appears to be associated with the Local Admin account the only account I ever use on my PC. This results in : 1 my son's email address appearing under "Your Info" 2 my PC being subject to my son's screen time via "Family" settings. Under...
  10. change local account username associated with a microsoft account?

change local account username associated with a microsoft account?: My first name is "Mathew". On all my windows 10 devices, I prefer to login using my microsoft account. (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) On all of these devices, the default local user name is always "mathe", missing the "w". My home directory is...