Windows 10: How to change Microsoft account associated with Xbox profile (?)

Discus and support How to change Microsoft account associated with Xbox profile (?) in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I go about changing my Microsoft account that's currently associated with my Xbox account to a different one? I'm aware of the "aliases" thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sugar Bertie, Sep 19, 2019.

1. How to change Microsoft account associated with Xbox profile (?)

How do I go about changing my Microsoft account that's currently associated with my Xbox account to a different one? I'm aware of the "aliases" thing that you can do, but that doesn't work for existing Microsoft accounts.

:)

Sugar Bertie, Sep 19, 2019

2. xbox 1 microsoft account switching

Thanks for getting back to us.

You may proceed with the steps provided on this
    link
    on how to change the email address associated with your Microsoft account. Updating the email address of your Microsoft account will automatically change the Microsoft account you're using on your Xbox profile. The
    steps on that page won't delete or affect your Xbox profile. This will just update your profile's login credentials.

Note: You may need to wait up to 24 hours for the changes to take effect.

Catherine Cus., Sep 19, 2019
  3. xbox 360 profile & microsoft account

I have changed my password. Now when I try to log in on the xbox 360 I get “ This Microsoft account is associated with a different xbox live profile. Try a different account, I only have 1 profile, my grandchildren have several. Can you provide guidance
    or tell me what I am doing wrong.

Greg

GregSchang, Sep 19, 2019
  4. How to change Microsoft account associated with Xbox profile (?)

xbox 1 microsoft account switching

Hi,

Removing your Xbox account from the Xbox One console won't delete your profile. You can re-add the account after removing it. To clarify your concern, may we know if you're referring to removing your Xbox account but still have access to apps and games you've
    downloaded on the Xbox One console?

If you're referring to changing the email address associated with your Xbox profile, this won't affect your login credentials with apps like Facebook. Refer

How to change the email address associated with your Microsoft account
    for the steps.

Refer to this
    link
    for more information on how to add or remove a Microsoft account on Xbox One.

Catherine Cus., Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

How to change Microsoft account associated with Xbox profile (?)

1. How to change Microsoft account associated with Xbox profile (?) - Similar Threads - change Microsoft account

2. How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...: My Windows 10 administrator account has become associated with my childs Microsoft account / email and I now can't access certain apps and settings due to Family restrictions, crippling my computer.How can i change the Microsoft account associated with my local administrator...
  3. How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...: My Windows 10 administrator account has become associated with my childs Microsoft account / email and I now can't access certain apps and settings due to Family restrictions, crippling my computer.How can i change the Microsoft account associated with my local administrator...
  4. Change email associated with Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change email associated with Microsoft account: Hi,Last night when logging on to my PC I accidentally clicked on 'forgot password'. There were no issues as I simply clicked cancel and continued. However, I did notice that the re-set information was going to be sent to an old email address that I no longer use and which...
  5. Change email associated with Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change email associated with Microsoft account: Hi,Last night when logging on to my PC I accidentally clicked on 'forgot password'. There were no issues as I simply clicked cancel and continued. However, I did notice that the re-set information was going to be sent to an old email address that I no longer use and which...
  6. Change email associated with Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Change account name associated with Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change account name associated with Microsoft account: I just bought a new Dell XPS and when I signed in, I noticed the user path it gave me was "andre". I think I remember seeing this on my previous laptop, but I don't remember how I fixed it. My microsoft account is under Andrew *Last Name* and my associated email is...
  8. How to change the microsoft account associated with a machine?

How to change the microsoft account associated with a machine?: Hello. I am a recent graduate who built my computer about 2 years ago. Back then, I had microsoft office given by the school. Later I moved away and lost access to office, so in order to gain it back I used my parents' credentials. Since then, my entire user account on this...
  9. Changing Microsoft account associated with a profile

Changing Microsoft account associated with a profile: My child somehow associated his Microsoft account from school with the main profile on our home PC and we can't figure out how to change/remove it. He's essentially taken over that profile. Any and all suggestions appreciated shy of saving local data wiping it....
  10. Change the Microsoft account associated with a logon?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change the Microsoft account associated with a logon?: So we setup a MS account for my daughter, using her email address, but accidentally put in my birthdate so it got created as an adult account. This means I can't add the account to my "Family" so I can setup parental controls. According to Microsoft, there is no way to change...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change the microsoft account associated with xbox account