Windows 10: How to change Microsoft username in users directory

Discus and support How to change Microsoft username in users directory in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Good day,My name is Christian, But windows have forever been cutting my name down to Chris under the user's directory. How easy is it to change it so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Christian Steinmann1, Jun 6, 2022.

1. How to change Microsoft username in users directory

Good day,My name is Christian, But windows have forever been cutting my name down to Chris under the user's directory. How easy is it to change it so it says, Christian?Since you can't just rename the folder.

:)

Christian Steinmann1, Jun 6, 2022
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jun 6, 2022
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Changing User Directory and updating files

Changing the name of the users profile directory is problematic because so many services are hung off of this setting. Open a command prompt and type
    set to see just some examples.

In practice what you suggest in creating a new user is probably the most reliable solution. Bear in mind that if you use a Microsoft Account to create it then it will take that name, not always ideal. I tend to create a local account with the username I
    want then once the profile has been created convert it to a Microsoft Account, the profile folder then remains as I want it.

HairyFool, Jun 6, 2022
  4. How to change Microsoft username in users directory

change admin username account

Hi
    vasilisnikolo

Are you logged in with the Microsoft account or a local account?

You can follow the steps below to change the username and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select the User Account for which you want to select the password.
    • Click on Change the username.
    • Click on Change Name button.
    Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jun 6, 2022
Thema:

How to change Microsoft username in users directory

1. How to change Microsoft username in users directory - Similar Threads - change Microsoft username

2. How to change username under C:/Users/username folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change username under C:/Users/username folder?: I have a Microsoft account which I have been using for a long time. Recently i restored my pc to factory settings OEM settings and i was asked to connect it to my Microsoft account while it was setting up windows 11.Now the problem is, the username folder the pc is showing is...
  3. How to change username under C:/Users/username folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change username under C:/Users/username folder?: I have a Microsoft account which I have been using for a long time. Recently i restored my pc to factory settings OEM settings and i was asked to connect it to my Microsoft account while it was setting up windows 11.Now the problem is, the username folder the pc is showing is...
  4. Changing usernames in home directory.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing usernames in home directory.: Good day. A long time ago I setup a particular user under windows. I made a mistake somehow and left out a character though. Since then, I've reinstalled many times on multiple times. Also, on different computers. I specifically tried different usernames at setup however that...
  5. Changing usernames in home directory.

Changing usernames in home directory.: Good day. A long time ago I setup a particular user under windows. I made a mistake somehow and left out a character though. Since then, I've reinstalled many times on multiple times. Also, on different computers. I specifically tried different usernames at setup however that...
  6. How to change Microsoft username in users directory

How to change Microsoft username in users directory: Good day,My name is Christian, But windows have forever been cutting my name down to Chris under the user's directory. How easy is it to change it so it says, Christian?Since you can't just rename the folder....
  7. Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change

Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change: Hello all,I am having an issue where my username is causing errors in other software. The reason is because my username has a space in it, and certain engineering software I use cannot reach files in that folder or any subfolders.To remedy this I changed my username by...
  8. Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change: Hello all,I am having an issue where my username is causing errors in other software. The reason is because my username has a space in it, and certain engineering software I use cannot reach files in that folder or any subfolders.To remedy this I changed my username by...
  9. How to change the name in the user directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the name in the user directory: I tried using Regedit but then I can only access a temporary account. Command prompt doesn’t let me change user names despite running as admin. submitted by /u/showandabe [link] [comments]...
  10. How to change c:/users/*username*?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change c:/users/*username*?: When I first set up my PC, it set up my username as my email which was something really stupid I made when I was 12. I can't seem to find out how to change it and all the tutorials make it seem really complicated. Surely there has to be an easy way to change it, right?...