Windows 10: How to change monitor source.

Discus and support How to change monitor source. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Here is my set up and question. I have a desktop tower running windows 10 connected to a monitor through an HDMI cable. The monitor has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jamesdaniloff, Sep 25, 2019.

1. How to change monitor source.

Hello,

Here is my set up and question. I have a desktop tower running windows 10 connected to a monitor through an HDMI cable. The monitor has multiple input connections, I have a VGA cable also connected to the monitor that is connected to my security camera system. So my question is, how do I switch from one input to another?

:)

jamesdaniloff, Sep 25, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 25, 2019
  4. How to change monitor source.

i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

How to change monitor source.

1. How to change monitor source. - Similar Threads - change monitor source

2. change the source of the app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change the source of the app: trying to install an app that does not exist in the microsoft store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-source-of-the-app/cbc13da6-4d94-43a1-8e97-ea5dad4603d8
  3. change the source of the app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change the source of the app: trying to install an app that does not exist in the microsoft store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-source-of-the-app/cbc13da6-4d94-43a1-8e97-ea5dad4603d8
  4. How to change monitor Hz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change monitor Hz: Hi! So I have a monitor with 4K 60Hz, but when I connect my laptop to the monitor with HDMI it switches to 4K 30Hz, I checked my CPU, and it says that it supports 4K 30Hz max, is there a way around to make it support 4K 60Hz? Because I am pretty used to gaming with 60Hz and...
  5. How to change monitor Hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change monitor Hz: Hi! So I have a monitor with 4K 60Hz, but when I connect my laptop to the monitor with HDMI it switches to 4K 30Hz, I checked my CPU, and it says that it supports 4K 30Hz max, is there a way around to make it support 4K 60Hz? Because I am pretty used to gaming with 60Hz and...
  6. External Monitor becomes a ghost when changing input sources

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Monitor becomes a ghost when changing input sources: I currently acquired my second Windows 10 computer. They both have a primary monitor and share a external monitor both connected to different HDMI inputs. Every time I change the input source on the external monitor Windows doesn't seem to auto detect the monitor is no longer...
  7. Change Input (Mic) Source When Changing Audio Source?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Input (Mic) Source When Changing Audio Source?: Hi there, I often switch between my speakers and my headset throughout the day. When I change the audio source of my speakers, how can I make it set the default mic as my webcam and when I change the audio source to my headset how can I make it choose my headset mic instead?...
  8. Recognize 2nd monitor has source changed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recognize 2nd monitor has source changed: This is likely something silly that I should be able to figure out but haven't found an answer yet. I run dual monitors and my primary is also connected to xbox. If boot with my primary display (display port) set to a different source (ie xbox via HDMI) - windows recognizes...
  9. how to change webcam source

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to change webcam source: hi,is there any way to change the webcam in my facebook video call because it always uses the IR camera instead of the normal webcam [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-webcam-source/55972288-49bd-46dd-a250-9fe110e1bcdf
  10. How to change Monitor Identities?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Monitor Identities?!: I've been dealing with this issue for years and nobody has ever been able to confirm an answer. I am extremely disappointed that I am unable to change the identity of my monitors. The only TEMPORARY fix occurs when I uninstall my monitors, delete their registry keys, then...