Windows 10: How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt

Discus and support How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all,I made a seemingly pretty dumb decision of selecting 8 cores in msconfig after reading only the available amount would be showing. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JMNBG, Mar 18, 2023.

1. JMNBG Win User

How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt

Hi all,I made a seemingly pretty dumb decision of selecting 8 cores in msconfig after reading only the available amount would be showing. After rebooting my PC keeps crashing when it tries to load Windows and i cant even go in via safe mode. Is there a way to change this via cmd prompt with a certain command? My CPU only has 4 cores.Thanks for reading help would be appropriated.

:)

JMNBG, Mar 18, 2023
  2. JMNBG Win User

Hi all,

I made a seemingly pretty dumb decision of selecting 8 cores in msconfig after reading only the available amount would be showing. After rebooting my PC keeps crashing when it tries to load Windows and i cant even go in via safe mode. Is there a way to change this via cmd prompt with a certain command? My CPU only has 4 cores.

Thanks for reading help would be appropriated.

JMNBG, Mar 19, 2023
  3. How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt

Numproc and truncatememory are the culprits. Please try running the three commands mentioned in this article → Windows won’t load after changing MSCONFIG Advanced Boot Options.

The commands are:

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 19, 2023
  4. How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt

Time Change with cmd

Hello Hasan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to change the time. We will help you.

In the Date and Time Settings dialog box, do one or more of the following:

• To change the hour, double-click the hour, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the minutes, double-click the minutes, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the seconds, double-click the seconds, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• When you have finished changing the time settings, click OK.

• To change the time zone, click Change time zone.

• In the Time Zone Settings dialog box, click your current time zone in the drop-down list, and then click
      OK.
    Also I suggest you to check the below steps to change the time using the command prompt.

• Right click on Start and select the
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type the word "time". Type a space, and enter the new time in the following format:
    • HH:MM:SS AM/PM. For example, time 5:34:00 PM, time 12:15:00 AM, etc.
    • Press enter or return.
    Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

1. How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt - Similar Threads - change msconfig settings

2. How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt: Hi all,I made a seemingly pretty dumb decision of selecting 8 cores in msconfig after reading only the available amount would be showing. After rebooting my PC keeps crashing when it tries to load Windows and i cant even go in via safe mode. Is there a way to change this via...
  3. How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt: Hi all,I made a seemingly pretty dumb decision of selecting 8 cores in msconfig after reading only the available amount would be showing. After rebooting my PC keeps crashing when it tries to load Windows and i cant even go in via safe mode. Is there a way to change this via...
  4. Re-edit via cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-edit via cmd prompt: What do I type in the reg edit via cmd prompt to remove write protection from my drive? Can you type in what you want me to type please so I can copy it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-edit-via-cmd-prompt/7956fe11-e7d8-4dba-868d-cc6e462b4735
  5. Re-edit via cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-edit via cmd prompt: What do I type in the reg edit via cmd prompt to remove write protection from my drive? Can you type in what you want me to type please so I can copy it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-edit-via-cmd-prompt/7956fe11-e7d8-4dba-868d-cc6e462b4735
  6. Re-edit via cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. how to change user name displayed in cmd prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to change user name displayed in cmd prompt: i want to change my user name that is displaying in cmd prompt..Can u please tell me how to change this name?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-user-name-displayed-in-cmd-prompt/7168de15-0e05-4bab-adb6-40675aa0b506
  8. Reset Msconfig options from CMD prompt trouble shooter

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset Msconfig options from CMD prompt trouble shooter: Hi im on mobile so i apoligize if this is hard to read. i was trying to fix a problem with missing isable memory and clicked the box for max memory in Msconfig to on by accident and rebooted. My computer is no longer fully booting and i believe my best chance is through the...
  9. Cmd prompt and cmd prompt csscript.exe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cmd prompt and cmd prompt csscript.exe: Hello Lovely people,Im from the Netherlands so my english isnt that very good,But couple of days when i start my up i got an cmd prompt but its empty so it doesnt say anything it stays a few sec and then it goes away and then i get the cmd prompt but with cscript.exe and then...
  10. Can you access msconfig via command prompt?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can you access msconfig via command prompt?: Hi, Is there a command to issue in command prompt that opens msconfig or is there a command that changes msconfig start up to "selective" or "normal"? My laptop is win 10 ver 1909. It's stopped booting into windows after I changed the start up in msconfig from...