Windows 10: How to change MTU Settings in Windows 10

Discus and support How to change MTU Settings in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone! This is not a started thread to ask a question, but how you can fix your MTU settings on windows 10, without PowerShell, or Command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hayze Productions, Aug 2, 2020.

1. How to change MTU Settings in Windows 10

Hello everyone!

This is not a started thread to ask a question, but how you can fix your MTU settings on windows 10, without PowerShell, or Command prompt.

Recently i found this article where people mentioned using powershell.

How do i change MTU Settings

Though when following the steps, and the similar steps you see in web articles, i receive the following response.

"Element Not Found"

So i have did a little bit of digging around, and found how you can change the MTU Settings by using your mouse instead of headache responses via command prompt or powershell.

1. Tap Start Button.

2. Type the following with out "" "View Network Connections" Then click to open.

How to change MTU Settings in Windows 10 d52daaeb-31bb-4f7c-b084-1630a8145beb?upload=true.jpg

3. Next a window will open showing all of your network adapters, Both wireless and lan if you have more than 1 network adapter.

How to change MTU Settings in Windows 10 83651dda-75a6-48f1-b913-554f89dd6d1a?upload=true.jpg

In this case my Ethernet adapter i will be using is labeled "Ethernet 2", Your network adapter name may be different.

4. Right click on selected Adapter -> Then click Properties.

5. Small window will open showing the following.

How to change MTU Settings in Windows 10 f4762105-01c5-44c9-8ce5-0731867a7709?upload=true.jpg

You will need to click the configure button that is circled in red.

6. After clicking the Configure button circled in red, another small window will open up. This is your drivers properties and you want to make sure you are on the selected Tab and highlighted Item in the left hand box.

How to change MTU Settings in Windows 10 31e825b0-0d21-4117-bc2f-ede9863817d1?upload=true.jpg

Setting MTU Settings is not considered software controlled unless the company who makes the specific drivers creates a control panel for the hardware in order to be able to change the MTU Settings, However this is the windows way of changing the MTU Settings in windows 10.
    The name for it is called "Jumbo Frame"

While the options in the Jumbo Frame do not allow you to change to the most accurate MTU Setting, this is not a serious issue. By selecting the closest MTU Setting to your needs, it is important to select the closest MTU that is the higher amount. For instance,

If your network MTU setting is 7250 on your network, Your windows 10 MTU should be set to 8KB in order to avoid dropped packets over the network from your windows 10 machine.

I hope that making this article helps to anyone and everyone! Please show some support in the making and mark this post as resolved or if it has helped you.

Hayze Productions.
    Web Developer, Network Administrator, Cloud Computing, Data Center, App Developer for
    Urban405

:)

Hayze Productions, Aug 2, 2020

2. How do I change MTU settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We suggest you to contact Internet Support Provider.

Please refer the below link its about Window Vista, we suggest you to use following steps to open command prompt.

Windows key +X.

Click on Command Prompt.

Follow the suggestion in the link Provided and check.

Change the MTU setting:

How do I change the MTU setting in Windows 7?

Keep us posted if you have any issue with Windows, we are happy to assist you.

Deepak..Raghav, Aug 2, 2020
  3. pineson Win User
    Windows 10 MTU setting

Can anyone tell me how I can set the MTU in Windows 10 and get it to stick. I need to change the MTU for my Verizon Private Network and after I change it it will change back if the computer loses signal or reboots or sleeps. I never had an issue getting
    it to stay as what I set i in Windows 7.

pineson, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Ariel Aba Win User

How to change MTU Settings in Windows 10

Windows 10 MTU setting

Hi pineson,

Since your issue has a relation to your VPN and your MTU settings, I suggest you post your concern in our
    TechNet forums. The members
    there include IT professionals that can provide a more advanced recommendation on the next step to resolve your issue.

Regards.

Ariel Aba, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

How to change MTU Settings in Windows 10

1. How to change MTU Settings in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - change MTU Settings

2. How to change MTU on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change MTU on Windows 11/10: [IMG]Sometimes, you may have noticed that some websites don’t function well on your broadband connection. While most websites run fine, certain seem to have an issue. If you have encountered this situation, it is time to change the Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) on Windows...
  3. How I can change my MTU over 1500?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I can change my MTU over 1500?: OS : Windows 10 version 21H2 Lastest releasei can't change mtu over 1500 by'netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "target" mtu=9000'and it dosn't work!!but'netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "target" mtu=1500'is workinghow can i change MTU over 1500???p.s I already enable...
  4. How I can change my MTU over 1500?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How I can change my MTU over 1500?: OS : Windows 10 version 21H2 Lastest releasei can't change mtu over 1500 by'netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "target" mtu=9000'and it dosn't work!!but'netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "target" mtu=1500'is workinghow can i change MTU over 1500???p.s I already enable...
  5. How I can change my MTU over 1500?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. How to change Location settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Location settings in Windows 10: Most of the computers don’t have a built-in GPS. However, Microsoft has introduced “Location“, a feature that uses IP address and Wi-Fi positioning to predict your location. It is accurate in its task and can be a great alternative to GPS. In this article, we are going to...
  7. How to change Mouse Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Mouse Settings in Windows 10: [ATTACH]To modify how the mouse or touchpad works, you start by opening the Control […] This article How to change Mouse Settings in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. mtu changing automatically to 1420

in Windows 10 Customization
    mtu changing automatically to 1420: i changed mtu to 1464 and it give me good ping but every time when i restart i found high ping and when open cmd and type netsh interface ipv4 show subinterfaces it 1420 why ?????...
  9. mtu changing automatically to 1420

mtu changing automatically to 1420: i changed mtu to 1464 and it give me good ping but every time i restart i found high ping and when open cmd and type netsh interface ipv4 show subinterfaces it 1420 why ????? and this my router settings [ATTACH] what should i do plz any fix...
  10. how to change time settings on Windows 10

how to change time settings on Windows 10: How can I change the time settings on Windows 10? Thanks! Lotte https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-time-settings-on-windows-10/2488df49-99c2-47cb-a795-1e7b991fa28e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 MTU size registry

2. change mtu setting windows 10

3. mtu settings windows 10 netsh

4. win 10 mtu settings