Windows 10: How to change my computer's Startup Language?

Discus and support How to change my computer's Startup Language? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I put my computer in sleep mode, power off, or restart, the language displayed is spanish, likely because I missclicked when originally setting up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mysticmilkyway, Mar 12, 2021.

1. How to change my computer's Startup Language?

When I put my computer in sleep mode, power off, or restart, the language displayed is spanish, likely because I missclicked when originally setting up the computer, but everything else on my computer is in english, and all the setting in my language settings are set to english. I have looked all through my settings and everything is set to english and yet I am still shown "Activando modo de suspensin" every time I put my computer in sleep mode. Is this something I will never be able to fix?

:)

mysticmilkyway, Mar 12, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Language change

Hi Peter,

It could be that the language pack is missing on your Windows 10 device. With this, we suggest that you try to add the language on your device. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Under Language, select Add a language.

You may also check the Change input methods on which language are currently installed on your device. You may also click Add a language on the
    Change your language preferences window.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Mar 12, 2021
  4. How to change my computer's Startup Language?

unable to change the language of UI

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

Can I change language in Windows 10 Home edition?

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

How to change my computer's Startup Language?

1. How to change my computer's Startup Language? - Similar Threads - change computer's Startup

2. HOW DO I CHANGE MY COMPUTER STARTUP LOGIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO I CHANGE MY COMPUTER STARTUP LOGIN: i HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND THE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT SIGN IN HAS A DEAD EMAIL ACOUNT. hOW DO i CHANGE THE EMAIL ADDRESS TO A LIVE EMAIL ADDRESS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-computer-startup-login/c5055744-5d5f-4c7d-9b9e-ae20edaf5db5
  3. HOW DO I CHANGE MY COMPUTER STARTUP LOGIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW DO I CHANGE MY COMPUTER STARTUP LOGIN: i HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND THE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT SIGN IN HAS A DEAD EMAIL ACOUNT. hOW DO i CHANGE THE EMAIL ADDRESS TO A LIVE EMAIL ADDRESS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-computer-startup-login/c5055744-5d5f-4c7d-9b9e-ae20edaf5db5
  4. how can i change the language in my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i change the language in my computer: please i need help to change the language in my computer to english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-language-in-my-computer/27e9a5fa-311a-4d68-ba6b-d5aaded1eac5
  5. how can i change the language in my computer

how can i change the language in my computer: please i need help to change the language in my computer to english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-language-in-my-computer/27e9a5fa-311a-4d68-ba6b-d5aaded1eac5
  6. How to change my computer's Startup Language?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change my computer's Startup Language?: When I put my computer in sleep mode, power off, or restart, the language displayed is spanish, likely because I missclicked when originally setting up the computer, but everything else on my computer is in english, and all the setting in my language settings are set to...
  7. How to Change my office language

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Change my office language: Hi, how to change language on office 2019 from bahasa to English. below is display of office word with Bahasa language [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-office-language/b042934e-31f3-4c60-9b2c-b150a6f523c9
  8. I some how changed the primary language on my computer

I some how changed the primary language on my computer: I changed my language to Hebrew on my computer while trying to add it as a second language. I can not read Hebrew yet and my settings are in Hebrew. How do I change it back to English?...
  9. Languages on my computer keep changing.

Languages on my computer keep changing.: The two preferred languages I use to type on my computer are English and Chinese but I prefer to keep everything on my computer in English. Sometimes the names of all Windows 10 default apps and the language of some other apps such as Speedtest that I downloaded from...
  10. how to change language ?

how to change language ?: I d'ont speak English but only french. I thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-language/d88298fd-de48-45b0-adee-3f5f1d1a6336

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft surface startup language change