Windows 10: How to Change my Default Photo Viewer on Windows 10?

Discus and support How to Change my Default Photo Viewer on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Community, Hello. For a while now I have been trying to change my default photo viewer to "Microsoft Photo Viewer." I really enjoy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jorge Cuello Espinosa, Jul 24, 2020.

1. How to Change my Default Photo Viewer on Windows 10?

Dear Microsoft Community,

Hello. For a while now I have been trying to change my default photo viewer to "Microsoft Photo Viewer."

I really enjoy it more than the default "Photos" for Windows 10.

However, if I click on the properties of a photo on my files and try to change the default photo viewer, I cannot select it "Microsoft Photo Viewer" from the default apps that open up.

I know my computer has the "Microsoft Photo Viewer" installed because some rare photo formats like .tif open with this software. Unfortunately, for all of my other photos, the "Photos" app is the default one selected. I want to change that.

Does anyone know how I can choose Microsoft Photo viewer to open any or all of my image formats?

Thanks a lot for your help. I really appreciate it!

Jorge Cuello Espinosa

:)

Jorge Cuello Espinosa, Jul 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 27, 2020
  3. iko22 Win User
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

How to Change my Default Photo Viewer on Windows 10? [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Jul 27, 2020
  4. How to Change my Default Photo Viewer on Windows 10?

Set Windows Photo Viewer as default to open photos

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set window photo viewer as default and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Control Panel and under View by change it to
      Small Icons.

• Click on Default Programs and click on
      Set your default programs

• Click on Windows Photo Viewer from the Left pane and click on
      Choose Defaults for this program.

• Select all the formats available from the list and click on
      Save and click Ok.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

How to Change my Default Photo Viewer on Windows 10?

1. How to Change my Default Photo Viewer on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Change Default Photo

2. Windows 11: How to set photo viewer default to Irfanview.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: How to set photo viewer default to Irfanview.: I have tried to set my photo viewer default to Irfanview, however Win11 continually resets the default to Photos. I don't seem to be able to clean/remove/disable Photos and it is useless beside Irfanview. Any suggestions on how to clean/remove/disable Photos and make...
  3. How to change default 3D viewer model

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change default 3D viewer model: Currently, it opens up bee model. Having insectophobia i want to change it into something different or show nothing by default. Is it possible?P.S. I didn't find the correct sub-topic related to the 3D viewer app...
  4. How to stop Windows 10 from switching image viewer default app to the Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop Windows 10 from switching image viewer default app to the Windows Photo Viewer: Hello, Thanks in advanced for offering a solution to my issue, if you can. About twice a week, Windows 10 will re-assign picture opening one image extension or all of them to Windows Photo Viewer. I much prefer ACDSee. So how can I lock in ACDSee as my 'photo' viewer for...
  5. What is the default windows 10 PDF viewer is it Photos?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the default windows 10 PDF viewer is it Photos?: My default pdf viewer changed to microsoft edge cannot remember what it was previously when I go to program defaults I cannot choose photos it is not on the list? submitted by /u/thermalzombie [link] [comments]...
  6. how to set Windows Photo Viewer as my default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to set Windows Photo Viewer as my default: How can I set Windows Photo Viewer as my default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-windows-photo-viewer-as-my-default/4aaf2fed-d399-4a0f-8d22-afb25d15ee5c
  7. Windows 10 Default Image / Photo Viewer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Default Image / Photo Viewer.: Hello world, I'm having some issues with the default windows 10 photo / image viewer. When I open a image, the application loads said image but adds a certain yellow-ish tint to it aswell as some kind of resolution downgrade. It's weird because the instant I open the image,...
  8. Win10 refuses to change the default photo viewer

Win10 refuses to change the default photo viewer: I just did a fresh Win10 reinstall on Sunday and I always prefer to use the old Windows Photo Viewer from Vista and 7. But when I choose 'open with' then check 'always use this app' for a picture it opens that time correctly but continues to default using the Win10 Photos app...
  9. photo viewer default application not able to change

photo viewer default application not able to change: Hai, I have installed Paint.net some time ago. After that my default application change to that program. Whatever I had tried to change it back to the Photo Viewer, nothing is happening. After I go to System -> Default applications and change application for Photos, my...
  10. Change default photo viewer app

Change default photo viewer app: My friend did something on her computer the other day in which her pictures folder - the pictures are not pictures now, they have the default photo app viewer. How can I change them so she sees the pictures are pictures? [img] 103812