Windows 10: How to change my default "T" profile image here on WIndows Ten Forum?

Discus and support How to change my default "T" profile image here on WIndows Ten Forum? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone: I come from Windows Seven Forum I have a photo I've used there for years. I have it copied to my "Album" But now it gives me strange... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tenacious, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Tenacious Win User

How to change my default "T" profile image here on WIndows Ten Forum?

Hi everyone:

I come from Windows Seven Forum

I have a photo I've used there for years.

I have it copied to my "Album"

But now it gives me strange choices to use it---none of which replaces the "T" of my current avatar image.

My search results:

https://www.tenforums.com/gtsearch.p...&sa.x=0&sa.y=0

Brink's instruction says I have to be logged in as "Administrator" to do that...

I think he means on my Windows 10 User screen at home---I want to change my avatar image here on Windows Ten Forum.

Thank you!

:)

Tenacious, Oct 24, 2018
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done How to change my default "T" profile image here on WIndows Ten Forum? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 24, 2018
  4. How to change my default "T" profile image here on WIndows Ten Forum?

Upgrade changed profile now desktop changed

just want to update - i followed the fix posted by Brink in this thread: windows 10 1709 has changed my default user profile Solved - Windows 10 Forums

everything is working fine now no problems for me!

for Step 10, where it says to change the profile image path, i changed it from C:\Users\bob2 to C:\Users\Bob Johnson and now it boots to my old desktop and all my files are in the right places.

bobjohnson, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

How to change my default "T" profile image here on WIndows Ten Forum?

1. How to change my default "T" profile image here on WIndows Ten Forum? - Similar Threads - change default profile

2. Joining windows 11 forums with same login for ten forums?

in Windows 10 Support
    Joining windows 11 forums with same login for ten forums?: I am interested in upgrading to Windows 11 when it is ready and have been to the eleven forum. Will I need to make a new account to log in or is my same account for ten forums fine to use to log in with? I am interested in what all have to say and tutorials for windows 11, so...
  3. How to Delete a Ten Forums Post

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Delete a Ten Forums Post: Due to an issue with certain information (related to security) that I included in a previous post, I was asked to delete the post. I have tried in vain to find a 'Delete' or 'Cancel' button. Can someone please advise how I can delete a post from Ten Forums. Thanks 181375
  4. AVG ten forums

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AVG ten forums: on my laptop and decided to look in the forum. Forum opens on screen but as soon as I want a page this happens. (Image) so I have uninstalled AVG Free. 159801
  5. Problems with ten forums editor

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with ten forums editor: I love the content on ten forums. But the web software to compose and reply to messages is very frustrating! I am using the WYSIWYG editor. In no particular order, here are my recent issues: 1) blank lines--why do I need to have 3 blank lines in the editor pane to produce...
  6. Error on Ten Forums IPhone App

in Windows 10 Support
    Error on Ten Forums IPhone App: Didn’t know what forum to post to. Getting attached page when opening the app on my iPhone 6. Have latest IOS version installed. 116817
  7. Thank You Ten Forums...

in Windows 10 Support
    Thank You Ten Forums...: i've gone far too long without thanking tenforums for being the tremendous resource that it is, in fact i can't imagine using windows 10 without having this fantastic site to lean on, and instead having to depend on the "official" site that points to scannow and dism as the...
  8. Copy default profile for imaging

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Copy default profile for imaging: I am currently setting up an image for a small business. The image is Windows 10. I have the admin profile all set up the way I want the other profiles to look, after sysprep has been ran and the oobe crap has worked. Question is, how do I get the standard default...
  9. Changing ten windows profile for system

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing ten windows profile for system: I have been able to change the setting in my profile but cannot figure out how to change my system profile. It still shows I am in the stone age with Windows 8.1 so I want to change it to Windows 10. *Smile 25578
  10. How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums: How to: How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums This tutorial will show you how to upload and attach a screenshot, image, or a file in your post here at Ten Forums. You will need to turn off...